Mon, Oct 21, 11:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Homepage HTML Source Editor

KageRyu ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2010 at 10:02 AM · edited Sat, 13 July 2024 at 3:06 AM

Has anyone else encountered problems since Rendo switched to the Java pop-out HTML Source Editor on the User Homepages? I ask as I just saw the change today, and it is giving me nothing but trouble.  Aside from not opening half the time, or open blank about a quarter of the time, it is not properly translating the HTML codes.  I know this, as codes that were previously on my homepage and working fine, do not appear in the editor for editing, and new codes I enter get stripped away when I hit the update button.  As a result I have lost content that was on my home page and working fine.

I understand some changes were probably made due to malicious activity, but is there a FAQ or link to accepted HTML Source Editor commands now? As it is obviously using a non-standard HTML set.

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 3:49 PM

I haven't heard anything about issues on the homepages? Can you send any error messages you are getting to admin@renderosity.com and we can check it out for you.

Thanks!

~Jani

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

KageRyu ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2010 at 5:43 AM

I'm not exactly getting an error message, it just doesn't seem to be working properly.  I already sent an email to the admin@renderosity.com address, I figure I'd better wait before sending another.

Essentially what it's doing though, when it does open - I input the block of HTML code to embed my youtube clips (I had some already embedded that were working previously). When I hit the Update button, it shows two empty boxes withred Xs - like place holders. If I reopen the source editor, I have the opening object code with sizing, and a closing object code, and everything in between has been removed. Worse, it deleted the previously embedded and working movies, replacing them with empty object callouts.

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2010 at 12:17 PM

Ahhh well Im not sure about the hompages but Rendo isn't allowing embedded objects like music players and videos in the galleries..I'll check for you.

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2010 at 12:43 PM

The issue with the Homepage editor is being fixed and the fix should be live on Renderosity soon.

KageRyu ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2010 at 1:42 PM

Ok, that's good to hear. I just wasn't sure if it was "broken" or if it was intentionally disabled. It just struck me as odd because it was content that was previously allowed on the User Homepage.

JD2 ( ) posted Wed, 15 September 2010 at 2:17 PM

I am not a fan of the changes to the website because it has disabled or removed previously available information on discontinued products such as the reviews and editorial information.  Now all you can see on the discontinued items are the main picture(s).

KageRyu ( ) posted Wed, 15 September 2010 at 3:28 PM

Quote - I am not a fan of the changes to the website because it has disabled or removed previously available information on discontinued products such as the reviews and editorial information.  Now all you can see on the discontinued items are the main picture(s).

That has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. This thread had to do with the user homepage HTML editor.

Incidently, the reason for my posting was handled rapidly and is fixed and working now. Sp this topic is extraneous.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 15 September 2010 at 11:08 PM · edited Wed, 15 September 2010 at 11:08 PM

homepage html editor popup works different than in the old days (firefox, no popup, box similar
to this reply box) but it does work. a week or month ago it was inserting breaks and ignoring
non-breaking spaces, but now it ain't.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.