Sun, Oct 6, 4:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Rigging clothing

Akitam ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 2010 at 6:00 AM · edited Sun, 29 September 2024 at 8:37 PM

Have been trying to design my own clothing but have run into a snag when rigging.  After creating the obj, it is taken into the set up room and there i copy the bones of my figure to it.  It works fine except there is always a bone extending from the hip outward.  No matter what is tried can't seem to get rid of this bone and it shows up in the final garment.  have found out it is titled body morph, but still when click on it to make it invisible, it doesn't happen.  What can I do about it, or get rid of it?

PhilC ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 2010 at 6:15 AM

Which figure are you using and which version of Poser?

Some figures come with a development version of the figure, if there is one available try using the rigging from that.

Your figure can be edited but may be best to find out the above info first.

Thanks.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 2010 at 7:15 AM

May I be so bold as to suggest, Akitam, that you consider PhilC's Obj2Cr2 script? It takes the pain out of importing obj files that you intend to make into conforming garments for your figures.

Please excuse my unbridled enthusiasm, Phil, but your script is one of my key Poser tools. If I could find something like it - ease-of-use, quick learn curve, stability - for creating facial/body morphs for Poser-based or for-Poser figures, I'd be jumping on THAT like a deranged slinky... 😄

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 2010 at 8:37 AM · edited Mon, 20 September 2010 at 8:38 AM

Attached Link: AutoGroup Editor

I had that same issue when trying to use the Setup Room. I'd suggest buying AutoGroup Editor for rigging. I find it to be the easiest and fastest solution.

Also, you should check out my board sometime. It's specifically for clothes modeling.

Akitam ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 2010 at 11:01 PM

PhilC:  am using a laptop win 7 notebook with poser pro 7.  The figure was originally V4.1, though have add a number of morphs and magnets to create a changling.  A creature that transforms into many different forms.  Have worked a long time on her.  She will always be an ongoing project to make her as realistic as possible.  Have already went back to the base character but sadly even though the clothes do not have the body morph bones, they do not fit my character.  It seems only her own bones allow the clothing to fit.  The article of clothing is a simple Cheongsam, something very easy to make.  for me anyways.  Also had purchased clothes converting 4.  It was a waste of money.

**RobynsVeil:  followed the link and read about the program.  Sometimes we cannot get what we want.  There was another program on his site that if it works would rather have and that is where you can turn your 2d drawings into 3d clothes.  An artist prefers her own work when possible.  That doesn't mean don't try to use free things.

****SSAfam1:  As at present don't really have a problem with groups save for complicated meshes. ** Thanks anyways for the heads up.

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 21 September 2010 at 7:58 AM

Try using this pose. It should completely hide the bodyMorph actor in all the drop down menus, the preview and final render.

{<br></br>
   version<br></br>
   {<br></br>
      number 4<br></br>
   }<br></br>
   actor bodyMorphs:1<br></br>
   {<br></br>
   off<br></br>
   hidden        
1<br></br>
   addToMenu      0<br></br>
   castsShadow    0<br></br>
   includeInDepthCue 0<br></br>
   displayOrigin     0<br></br>
   visibleInReflections    0<br></br>
   visibleInRender   0<br></br>
   }

}<br></br><br></br>
Copy the text to Notepad and save as "Hide bodyMorph.pz2"
in any pose folder.<br></br><br></br>
Hope that helps.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.