Tue, Sep 24, 1:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 12:33 pm)

Subject: Poser 7 and Snow Leopard?

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Sat, 25 September 2010 at 1:10 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 11:32 AM

As subject line really. Does Poser 7 run on an iMac running Snow Leopard?  Just need a general idea really before trying to install it.   I'm an occasional Poser user so please forgive my ignorance in advance, and be gentle with me.

IsaoShi ( ) posted Sat, 25 September 2010 at 3:15 AM · edited Sat, 25 September 2010 at 3:21 AM

Yes it does. I started with Poser 7 on Tiger, then upgraded to Snow Leopard. Poser 7 still works fine for me. It's a long time since I used it, so I just opened it up and did a few renders, ran a few Python scripts, just to make sure!
As far as I am aware there were no technical issues with Snow Leopard and Poser 7. I would recommend upgrading to the latest Poser 7 Service Release, available off the SM web site. The SRs contain some significant performance and quality improvements, as well as many bug fixes.

Edited to add: you only need to apply the latest SR, which is SR3. Available from:
Poser Updates

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

jerr3d ( ) posted Sat, 25 September 2010 at 4:58 AM

Yep.  Been using Poser 7 and Snow Leopard since I picked up a new MiniMac back around thanksgiving.  Recently upgraded to Poser Pro 2010, taking advantage of SM 50% off sale, and it works fine as well.  Or at least as much of it that i have been able to explore since the holiday.

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Sat, 25 September 2010 at 5:16 AM

Ahhh guys this is what I was hoping to hear from you. Although, I should really pick up Pro 2010 whilst its on the cheap.  The reason for my post here was that even on Poser website, it says Mac system requirements are 10.4 and 10.5 but no mention of 10.6  Its not like 10.6 is a recent release!

Thank y'all so much for your words.

stefi aka drkfetyshnyghts

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.