Tue, Oct 22, 6:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Non-Photog

NightGallery ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2010 at 10:37 PM · edited Sun, 29 September 2024 at 12:17 PM

Just a question. Starting to see a few 3d (poser) images in the Photog forum. Whats the deal with that?

They have a Photo background, but does that really count?

Just wondering.

Juliette.Gribnau ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2010 at 4:53 AM

In my humble opinion : they do not belong in the photography group
juliette

if you don't get a miracle...you can be one (Nick Vojicik)
als je geen wonder kunt krijgen..... kun je er altijd nog een zijn ! (Nick Vojicik)

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2010 at 8:31 AM

They shouldn't be there..It's a common mistake because poser and photography are next to each other in the drop down menu...If you spot one..you can use the report button, or just drop one of us a line..

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

prixat ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2010 at 9:39 AM · edited Fri, 24 September 2010 at 9:47 AM

Attached Link: fake or foto challenge 3 - autodesk

Slight change of topic.

How easy is it to tell if an image is a photo?

I know how most CG creators can see the differences, I look for things I'd expect to see in CG and if they are missing I assume its a photo.

I wonder if photographers look for different things and then decide it must be CG.

regards
prixat

Juliette.Gribnau ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2010 at 9:45 AM

I think you are right Prixcat, when we talk about great 3d-creators, but in poser most "puppets" do look unreal, like plastic barbies, and I think they don't belong in the photography-group
juliette

if you don't get a miracle...you can be one (Nick Vojicik)
als je geen wonder kunt krijgen..... kun je er altijd nog een zijn ! (Nick Vojicik)

prixat ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2010 at 10:29 AM

Quote - I think you are right Prixcat, when we talk about great 3d-creators, but in poser most "puppets" do look unreal, like plastic barbies, and I think they don't belong in the photography-group
juliette

I completely agree with you, I was just widening the topic.😄

regards
prixat

myshelle ( ) posted Sat, 25 September 2010 at 8:07 PM

I did the challenge and got 4/10 Oops

prixat ( ) posted Sun, 26 September 2010 at 2:13 AM

The 3 I got wrong were real photographs which I thought were CG!

In one of them I was looking at the complex pattern of a bumpy texture and found it repeated on another object in the photo. I thought it was a sure sign of CG.
Of course It also turns out to be a common manifestation of mass production :laugh:

PS despite what the text says its actually out of 12 😄

regards
prixat

blinkings ( ) posted Sun, 26 September 2010 at 6:12 AM

Yeah good pickup I've been wondering about that one too!

blinkings ( ) posted Sun, 26 September 2010 at 6:18 AM

Hey I got everyone right in the challenge...I must have a suspicious mind!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.