Tue, Oct 1, 5:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Can't get 3D Paint to work

Plutom ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2010 at 4:36 PM · edited Sun, 14 July 2024 at 3:37 PM

Hi folks, I've been trying for several hours to get Carrara 7 Pro's 3D Paint to work.  For example, I imported a previous model (made in Carrara 5 Pro into a new scene) and In the Assembly Room, I selected the main body (it shows up in the vertex room so its not grouped).  It already as texture on it.

Now when I select the paint color, adjust my brush, ensure that the transparency is zero etc, I attempt to paint the nose black, the circle moves around the model but not color is generated.

To make matters frustrating, sometimes I can make a simple sphere in the vertex room, open the assembly room, select an over all texture and it will show up, then the 3D paint program works--bangs ones head against the desk.  Any ideas????  Jan

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Tue, 28 September 2010 at 7:00 AM

total 3D and c7p paint noob here, got it with 3D world after using 6pro fom Daz book disc over a year, Cripeman's youtube tutorial helped me, I am doing a physics sim in C7pro right now so can't check. but I think you have to create a new texture map first and save it, prob someone more knowlegeable will chip in but meanwhile check out his video tutorial

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Plutom ( ) posted Tue, 28 September 2010 at 7:47 AM

I forgot I made this thread, so I made a new one and resolved the issue.  Jan

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.