Thu, Sep 19, 12:51 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: What effect does a newer graphic card has?

Myrailon ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2010 at 9:58 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:47 PM

Hi,
I think about buying Vue 8 Esprit, but Vue 8 Pioneer wasn't too stable on my PC. So I think about buying a stronger graphic card.
My dates: Win 7 64 bit, 4 GB RAM, 2,5 GHz, NVidia GeForce G210 with newest driver.
Does anybody has experiances about this?

Kind regards
Roland

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2010 at 12:00 PM

I have a Nvidia GTX275 card - Vue loves it and runs great on 64 bit. 

Just stay away from ATI cards.  They are great for gaming, but Vue does not seem to like them much.

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

R.P.Studios ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2010 at 12:33 PM

i have the ATI 5980 HD card, and lemme tell ya... not like is being VERY polite LOL

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 2010 at 5:00 PM

a new card made a huge difference on my last mac, when I could then choose the 3d card option in preferences.
Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Malstorm ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2010 at 4:14 AM

i'm using a geforce gtx470 before that i was using a gtx260...i really cant tell the difference in the two cards

Myrailon ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2010 at 6:30 AM

"I really can't tell..." means big difference?

Malstorm ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2010 at 7:49 AM

no means i cant tell weather the gtx 260 and the gtx 470 is fast or better...seems that both cards process at the same speed when using vue...meaning that seems vue doesnt really need that much juice when it comes to using really high end grapthic cards...but i got a feeling that vue 9 will though

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2010 at 6:12 PM

they look good, but I never download anything I can't use in commercial images.
Love esther

Myrailon ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2010 at 1:52 AM

Thanks for your comments.
I got an info in another forum, that the gpu doesn't make a big difference in rendering anything with Vue, besides OpenGL.
If I switch to wireframe mode option in the settings, Vue is becoming much more stable. As I could see, Vue 8 doesn't has a wireframe mode any more. So I'm afraid of instability. Vue 8 seems to need OpenGL for many features. But it isn't profitable to buy a big graphic card just for this.
What do you say about this?

Greetings
Roland

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2010 at 5:35 AM

I found vue crashed sometimes on moving the camera too quickly, and also the camera just moved slowly no matter what I did until I got a video card with GPU.
Love esther

surveyman ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2010 at 4:27 PM

Myrailon,
Sounds like you could be having driver 'issues'.  Try downgrading to an older driver.

Myrailon ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 2010 at 3:03 AM

Hi surveyman,
you mean I should downgrade it? Everywhere I'm reading I have to update it. I could take the original driver which Windows wants to install. I had this one and I went better with the newer driver.
Regards
Roland

surveyman ( ) posted Wed, 06 October 2010 at 10:07 AM

What I mean by "downgrading", is to go back a generation or two.  A slightly older driver may work better for you as it has been 'proven' stable.  The newest driver you may be using could be a BETA or a not fully a matured driver (ie) not quite debuged yet by the programmers yet released because it is considered 'functionaly stable'.

It's a funny thing with drivers, once you find a particular one that works for you, don't change it for the sake of changes.  Just because a driver is new does not necessarily mean that it is better (ie. - better for you).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.