Tue, Oct 22, 3:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Photography Forum Challenge - October 2010 - "Bridges"

Meisiekind ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2010 at 2:59 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:39 PM

"To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them."

Elliott Erwitt

durleybeachbum ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2010 at 3:20 PM

Looks exciting!

auntietk ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2010 at 4:10 PM

Oh gosh ... I'll be on the road for part of October, and will be on the lookout for bridges!   Driving through the Rocky Mountains should provide a few opportunities. 

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

helanker ( ) posted Sat, 09 October 2010 at 2:05 AM

YIKES! Not many bridges in this area.....if any. hmmm.... But it is a good subject anyway. THank you for the challenge.

micturn ( ) posted Sat, 09 October 2010 at 5:40 AM

I hate bridges! This one ain't gonna be fun :)

aksirp ( ) posted Sat, 09 October 2010 at 6:10 AM

oh yes, we have soooo many bridges, i do not where to begin.

Meisiekind ( ) posted Sat, 09 October 2010 at 9:07 AM

Mixed reation on this theme....

"To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them."

Elliott Erwitt

costapanos ( ) posted Sun, 10 October 2010 at 11:51 AM

file_460151.jpg

Here goes. I"ll start this months post with my return trip from Sacramento's meet and greet. Taken on Amtrak. This shot was taken as we are getting ready to cross the Martinez Strait,

In Xanadu did Kublai Khan a pleasuredome erect

costapanos ( ) posted Sun, 10 October 2010 at 11:52 AM

file_460152.jpg

This second shot is the Valencia Bridges.

costapanos ( ) posted Sun, 10 October 2010 at 11:55 AM

file_460153.jpg

Last, but not least on the Greyhound bus looking at the almost complete, 20 year in the making Bay Bridge.

Meisiekind ( ) posted Sun, 10 October 2010 at 12:47 PM

Great kick-off Costa! I like the Amtrak bridge... Fascinating!
Glad to hear the 20y Bay Bridge is nearing the end of constructing!!!
Great shots!

Elliott Erwitt

Digitaleagle ( ) posted Sun, 10 October 2010 at 1:09 PM

file_460159.jpg

On a road trip last week I shot this coming from Wisconsin to Lansing Iowa going across the Mississippi River. No place to stop so I shot through the windshield.

Royce

aksirp ( ) posted Sun, 10 October 2010 at 1:25 PM

wow, big bridges you have over there big stuff from costapanos and driving feeling by Digitaleagle! thank you... have to look for a bridge....

Digitaleagle ( ) posted Sun, 10 October 2010 at 2:02 PM

file_460162.jpg

Same bridge as the last shot taken from a vantage point on the side of a hill over looking Lansing Iowa and the Mississippi River.

Royce

aksirp ( ) posted Sun, 10 October 2010 at 2:33 PM

file_460163.jpg

this bridge mediaval gone over the river  called "Julia"- still used by car! the origin was romain- because the romains comes from Roma over the mountains in this region. the picture i taked avril 2010, sorry, not from today..![](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/art/emoticons/blush.gif)

Meisiekind ( ) posted Sun, 10 October 2010 at 2:34 PM

@ Digitaleagle - that first shot is mind-blowing! I just love the POV and considering that it was shot while driving makes it even more special... I love the reflection on the car's hood!!!
Excellent to see it in perspective in the second shot! Well done indeed!!!

Elliott Erwitt

Meisiekind ( ) posted Sun, 10 October 2010 at 2:35 PM

@ Priska - what a wonderful contrast your bridge is with Digitaleagle's bridge - the old and the new.... Marvelous old stone bridge! I love the snow capped mountains in the backdrop!! Marvelous!

Elliott Erwitt

Meisiekind ( ) posted Sun, 10 October 2010 at 2:51 PM

file_460165.jpg

Little wooden bridge at a park not far from home!

Elliott Erwitt

aksirp ( ) posted Sun, 10 October 2010 at 2:53 PM

just beautiful wood bridge and flora around, looks like a wonderful place!

Digitaleagle ( ) posted Sun, 10 October 2010 at 3:40 PM

file_460167.jpg

Back in time with this post, this bridge was built back in 1883 and still stands in it's origanial location. No longer used,  a new bridge has been built to the east of this one. This bridge was featured in the movie Bridges of Madison County. These bridges was the focus off my road trip, It's pretty awesome to stand inside the bridge and feel the history. Ledgon has it that this bridge is hunted.

Royce

Meisiekind ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 2010 at 1:33 PM

Marvelous! These covered bridges fascinate me!!

Elliott Erwitt

ElusiveAngel ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2010 at 3:51 AM

Oh gosh, don't know if we have anything of that kind around here.  I will just look this round.

jeroni ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2010 at 11:00 AM

file_460247.jpg

Asturias España

jeroni

Meisiekind ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2010 at 12:43 PM

Oh wow - this is marvelous jeroni! I love how the reflection with the old stone bridge make a perfect circle!!! Stunning shot!

Elliott Erwitt

aksirp ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2010 at 2:49 PM

so wonderful bridge and reflections! love it!

ElusiveAngel ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2010 at 4:52 AM

Jeroni, that is wonderful!

myrrhluz ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2010 at 6:14 PM

I love bridges! I shall have to get out on the back roads this month! Unfortunately it can't be this weekend.  I can pass on a tip right away though.  Anyone that wants to see a great shadow of a bridge, Google Map "Sunshine bridge, Louisiana"  and click on "Sunshine Bridge, St. James, LA 70086".  My Mom told me about this bridge which was an early "bridge to nowhere"  When I looked it up, I saw this great shadow.  The pictures on Wikipedia are great too.  I'm going to visit that bridge, hopefully the next time I go to Baton Rouge!

Wow!!! Stunning pictures so far!  Wonderful variations, reflections, points of view,  and  gorgeous shots!  I can't wait to see more! 

myrrhluz ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2010 at 6:17 PM

I was thrilled to see my shot in such superb company!

emmecielle ( ) posted Thu, 14 October 2010 at 3:09 PM

Congratulations to all of you for the beautiful images you have attached.
Unfortunately, I have no pictures of bridges... maybe someone took many years ago, I should go searching through CDs scattered around the library!

Ilona-Krijgsman ( ) posted Thu, 14 October 2010 at 5:20 PM

file_460353.jpg

Here is my bridge....taken at Mondo Verde last Sunday

nice pictures already added

Ilona

~ Photos are small paintings created in your mind before you press the shutter! ~

Meisiekind ( ) posted Sat, 16 October 2010 at 9:14 AM

Awww - beautiful little stone bridge Ilona!
Hope you have more to share with us!!!

Elliott Erwitt

jeroni ( ) posted Sat, 16 October 2010 at 9:45 AM

file_460400.jpg

MI  SEGUNDO PUENTE PORTUGAL

jeroni

Meisiekind ( ) posted Sat, 16 October 2010 at 9:49 AM

Oeeee WOW Jeroni... This is spectacular!!!
Wonderful structure and great image! Thank you so much for sharing!

Elliott Erwitt

helanker ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 7:44 AM

file_460437.jpg

Hi friends. Havent got ebots from this challenge for ages. But now I found a single bridge I captured few days ago. Not very charming, but a bridge it is ![](../../mod/forumpro/art/emoticons/wink.gif)

mariogiannecchini ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 10:31 AM

Congratulations to all the authors for the beautiful photographs of bridges included. At the moment I do not have recent photos with this subject. In next week I go away for a few days (three quarters) to Brescia and I have the idea where to go find some pictures. Good week to all.Mario

rockstrider ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 11:05 AM

file_460439.jpg

Here's one of a reasonably local bridge near where I live - hope you all like it :-)

I'm not homophobic - I love my house!!!

Meisiekind ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 12:12 PM

Helle - well done! I like your overpass bridge! It shows you were thinking of us when driving there!!!

Rockstrider - Marvelous composition! I love the railway line included in the lovely arched bridge!
(btw - I LOVE your little message at the bottom!!!!!!!! )

Elliott Erwitt

aksirp ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 1:51 PM

@ rockstrider: beautiful bridge near railway, fits great together!

rockstrider ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 2:37 PM · edited Sun, 17 October 2010 at 2:38 PM

Thank you Carin and Priska for your kind words.

The arched bridge was originally a viaduct - a bridge carrying another railway across the river and foreground tracks. The viaduct has been disused now for many years but has been made into a footpath and cycle route that can be followed for miles, safely away from busy traffic. The railtracks in the foreground are still in use.

Carl

aksirp ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 3:00 PM

great, my admiration for viaduct's is great,  mostly the romains incredible how old they are!

myrrhluz ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 3:25 PM

file_460446.jpg

Absolutely amazing pictures all!  My first image isn't from October but it is unusual so I hope I'll be forgiven for slipping one in from my trip to New York City last spring.  I tried to find the name, but have not yet found it.  It was taken on my last full day there on a boat trip around Manhattan Island. 

myrrhluz ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 3:30 PM

file_460450.jpg

This one is from October and from San Antonio.  There are a lot of new highways in San Antonio and the shapes of some of them are very pretty.  My son was driving when I took this shot.  I hope to get out into the Hill Country next weekend to get my last shot.

myrrhluz ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 3:40 PM

I found the New York City bridge.  It is the Spuyten Duyvil railroad bridge. 

auntietk ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 3:51 PM · edited Sun, 17 October 2010 at 3:54 PM

file_460452.jpg

One from the archives ... I'm flying out in the morning, and probably won't be getting a lot of opportunity to take any interesting bridge shots before the end of the month!   If I do, I'll be sure to let you know.  :P

This is the Deception Pass bridge between Whidbey Island and Fidalgo in Washington State.  180 feet high, built in 1935.  It's heavily used ... I just got lucky and got a shot with no vehicles!

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

myrrhluz ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 3:54 PM

Excellent shot Tara! Wonderful POV and combination of bridge and foliage!

auntietk ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 3:55 PM

Lots of pretty spectacular shots here so far!  :)  I've been looking every day ... excellent stuff!

Meisiekind ( ) posted Mon, 18 October 2010 at 10:48 AM

@ rockstrider - thank you for the great info! Is a great idea and use for the lovely structure.

@ myrrhluz - wow - what lovely image! The New York bridge is fascinating but those overpasses are just magnificent! SO well seen and photographed. Thank you for sharing with us.

@ Tara - Oh Hun - what a marvelous image of this wonderful steel bridge. The composition is so good and the greenery and flowers renders it in a softness that is rare for a structure of this nature! Well done indeed!

Elliott Erwitt

cfulton ( ) posted Mon, 18 October 2010 at 2:37 PM

file_460493.jpg

Late again! Such stunning bridges already posted!

This is one Carin might recognise, seeing as she stayed in a hotel right there earlier this year.  It is a small bridge at the entrance to a marina at the V&A Waterfront, Cape Town.  They raise it to allow the yachts through.
Clive

myrrhluz ( ) posted Mon, 18 October 2010 at 2:39 PM

Beautiful night capture!  Wonderful  reflections!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.