Wed, Sep 25, 2:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 1:55 am)

Subject: Finally!

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sat, 09 October 2010 at 5:47 PM

Any more developments,Mike? It's been a few months. 

I'm still curious.

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

Diogenes ( ) posted Sat, 09 October 2010 at 6:05 PM

Hi Joel, dkal,

I have been working on Brad again, yes.  I have been working out JCM compatibility issues, between joint rotations. Sorry I've been gone so long. I will post some progress in a bit.

cheers.

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sat, 09 October 2010 at 6:33 PM

The real world is a thief of time. No matter how we try to save it, it's lost when we look for it.:laugh:

No worries,mate. Post when you can!

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela

Diogenes ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 2010 at 10:52 PM

file_460224.jpg

Changed the topology a bit and added some new material zones to the second skin.  Just trying to make it easy to make quick displacement map clothing.

If you take the green groin zone and add it with the red zone, you have a nice zone to work with for skivies. Add the yellow to that and you have boxers or shorts. Add the blue and you have knickers. With the brown , full length pants.

The green groin there is the cod piece for dynamic clothing to drape on, so no barbie look.

Also I am being very carefull to keep all my zones in tact and useable with the joint movements and JCM's.

Diogenes ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 2010 at 10:55 PM

file_460225.jpg

Here on the second skin, the green zone is a tank top.  Add the purple and you have a T-shirt, or short sleeve shirt.  Add the yellow for long sleeve with cuffs.

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 2010 at 11:02 PM

Aha - I knew you were still alive!

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Diogenes ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 2010 at 11:10 PM · edited Mon, 11 October 2010 at 11:12 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Hi Esther :)

Yes, I'm back from hell. They kicked me outa there for pissin on the fire demons.

Whats that I hear there in the background? All that groaning. "Oh God he's back, why couldn't he just stay dead?"  Well too bad!

edit I better add a smiley.
😄 There.

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 2010 at 11:14 PM

Well now that you're back, I think you better stay.
All your ideas for him are great, and he's looking good so far.
Love esther

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Mon, 11 October 2010 at 11:28 PM

If I had known you had died, I'd have come after you and kicked your ass back to life.

It's NOT a kind and gentle resurrection like other guys might do, but it DOES leave memories to NOT do it again!:laugh:

So you are on warning! DO NOT make me come after ya next time! You WON'T enjoy your afterlife! :lol:

Diogenes ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2010 at 12:06 AM

LOL, I got no where else to go. God dont want me, the devil is sick of me. So Rendo your all stuck with me.

I hear JenX back there, "oh damn that litle shite> stomp on em, freeze em out, just get rid of him" But who cares what she thinks anyway?  :lol:

Gotta go, I'm workin on JCM's for the X and Z thigh rots. Hey! you all hear about Colorcurvatures poseMorph loader? Dang great script! I'm using it for all the morphs. I couldn't get the DS tools to work with the welded second skin, but the PoseMorph loader works great. I still need to purchase a regular copy, I'm still using the beta copy he gave me. Sorry Colorcurvature, been broke, as soon as I get some money I'll buy one.

Basis3D ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2010 at 9:32 AM

Looking good, phantom3D, but where is the indigo zone for speedos? Just kidding.

Checked out your mention of  Colorcurvature's PoseMorphLoader. Looks really good. Maybe a little pricey at about $30 so I can see why you're still working with a beta copy.

I'd buy it for you if it didn't cost so much. Maybe we Brad enthusiasts can somehow take up a collection so that you can purchase it? I'd be willing to contribute to the cause.

:-)

Poser 2010 • Poser 8 • MacPro Desktop • Quad-Core Intel Xeon • 10 GB • Snow Leopard • Windows XP 

Diogenes ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2010 at 11:58 AM

Thank you dkal.

A very kind thought. It is nice to have good people around. I will be able to purchase a copy in a week or so. I recently renovated a house in WY and sank too much money into it, so I have been on a tight budget for the last couple of months. But that is all paid for now. I will say too,  that ColorCurvature gave me a full working copy to Beta test. The reason I wanted to purchase a copy was because I did not feel I tested enough to earn my copy. So I don't really have to buy one I just feel better about it if I do.

Thank you for the kind thought, but I can manage with this copy till later.

It is an especially excellent script. The morphs come out so smooth and perfect every time, and it's so nice to be able to work directly from Poser.. I will show you some of them in a day or two.

cheers.

masha ( ) posted Tue, 12 October 2010 at 5:38 PM

Great to see you back Mike :)

Brad's looking great too.  Keep on keeping on. :)

Cheers to you too :)

Diogenes ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2010 at 9:08 AM

file_460276.jpg

OK major JCM almost done.

This is the thigh X and Z bend JCM's. It is difficult to get them to work nicely together.  In this pic the thighs are at 80 X rot and 80 Z rot. They are working very smoothly except for a little cleanup I need to do near the genital. I am going to continue working on the JCM untill I can get a smooth bend at 90 X and 90 Z that should be enough considering you also have the Y rot to work with. The rest of the JCM's are very much easier to make.

Diogenes ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2010 at 9:11 AM

file_460277.jpg

In this pic I have outlined the borders for the skivies in the second skin.  As you can see I have kept them smoothed out and useable for displacement maps.

Diogenes ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2010 at 9:15 AM

file_460278.jpg

This is the backside.  I have built in a special secret surprise for Trekkiegrrl and Jepe if those two venerable masters are still with us. :) Something I think they will really apreciate. Or anyone who likes hairy men.

Cheers.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2010 at 9:16 AM

that looks like the best rigged figure i have ever seen!!!

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2010 at 9:22 AM

when you release him - call him Brad 1.  Because you will probably still want to update him in the future (I don't see anything wrong with him but I have the impression you are a perfectionist)

Diogenes ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2010 at 9:23 AM

Thanks Esther,

I think it's doing well for only 19K poly's.

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2010 at 10:34 AM

For 19000 polys its doing better than 50000!

Damned impressive work,Mike! "An Ass that KICKS ASS!" :laugh: LOLOLOLOL

I waited my whole life to use THAT line!:lol: Sorry.

Cage ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2010 at 11:50 AM

Mike is looking great, and I'm glad you're back!  :woot:  I've had a bit of the Poser burnout, about which you warned earlier in the thread.  It's good to know that the burnout won't necessarily last.

I'm quite curious about this special secret.  😕

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2010 at 11:55 AM

It may have to do with "Plugging some holes in the mesh" that was talked about in other threads, if I'm not off-base.:laugh:

Diogenes ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2010 at 1:00 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_460287.jpg

It's a very special secret. I cant tell, cause if I do, some ancient old Poser user will come along and say.

"Thats not new it was done by so and so way back in Poser 0.005 days. In the time before god, Thor the mighty came up with the idea"

And ruin all my pride of accomplishment. But I might whisper it in a PM. :tt2:

This next pic shows some JCM's that are user adjustable.  You can set them as desired and they will follow the bend of the figure. This is a crack JCM it sets the depth of the butt crack depending on if your character is wearing booty pops or is just a regular guy.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2010 at 1:27 PM

@Phantom3D : Why can't smithmicro decide to ask you for creating stock Poser figures ? (Useless Question ,I know) You, patorak3d and odf are so much more skilled, than that team that created that P8 Allyson mess. This won't help but it has to be said.So lots of fun , joy and inspirations to you- cheers.

Diogenes ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2010 at 1:40 PM

Quote - @Phantom3D : Why can't smithmicro decide to ask you for creating stock Poser figures ? (Useless Question ,I know) You, patorak3d and odf are so much more skilled, than that team that created that P8 Allyson mess. This won't help but it has to be said.So lots of fun , joy and inspirations to you- cheers.

Probably cause it takes me so dang long to do anything.  :laugh:  But I think we are going to see some much better stuff in the next Poser. They have Teyon working for them now and he is very good.

cheers.

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2010 at 2:33 PM

TEYON? Holy crap! I still have a beta version of an alien he was tinkering with years ago and it just kicks it! I still use it because it was so good! If he's making figures for it, I might have to buy it just for the FIGURES!

I NEVER thought I'd say that about POSER!

Great Job,Mike. SM got you on the payroll?

YET?:laugh:

Diogenes ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2010 at 2:39 PM

No not yet Joel. I wouldn't mind though.  :)

Ya Teyon is making figures for SM. A new Miki for one.

proflooney ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2010 at 4:21 PM

thats looking great I been looking for a decent polyed character instead of the ones you get with poser as I like to pose them then export them for sculpting in zbrush and the topology on the poser base toons is really crappy for that with all the tris and areas where its dense then sparse ya cant get a good sculpt on them

joe

Diogenes ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2010 at 6:48 PM

I know what you mean Joe. For Zbrush it takes an even mesh that you can divide a few times. For a male character have you tried Apollo yet?  His topology is a nice even mesh and he is still only 40 some K. He's free too.

here's a link www.antonkisieldesigns.com/~akfiles/htmlpages/ApolloMaximusFree3dhumanfigure.htm

For a female Antonia which is linked in my sig is the best. She's low poly and very even

cheers.

proflooney ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2010 at 7:03 PM

Yea I just played with antonia I found another female which is on par with yours called Polly Gon http://www.most-digital-creations.com/polly_gon_poser_daz_studio.htm

I have seen him and think one time downloaded him but never played too much with him I got something called behemith too which was a joke. I will relook at apollo but I think I never used him because his proportions and flexibilty wasnt realistic

Joe

proflooney ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2010 at 7:30 PM

Yea I just played with antonia I found another female which is on par with yours called Polly Gon http://www.most-digital-creations.com/polly_gon_poser_daz_studio.htm

I have seen him and think one time downloaded him but never played too much with him I got something called behemith too which was a joke. I will relook at apollo but I think I never used him because his proportions and flexibilty wasnt realistic

Joe

Diogenes ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2010 at 3:38 AM

Good news for Daz Studio users.

Remember I could not get DS setup tools to export or work with the double welded poly's? It just would not recognise them as a single welded group and would unweld everything.  Wel I have been using the PoseMorphLoader (A BIG thanks to lkendall for the super gift) to load the morphs.
I went into DS setup tools today to set up the ERC for the JCM's. And the morphs and double welded second skin all work fine in DS. So as long as I use the PoseMorphLoader to load the morphs they will work in DS. 

Now I will not have to make a different figure for DS, it can be the same.  I need to learn how to work with the materials in DS so I can see if the second skin materials are there and can be used the same as Poser.  Does anyone know if Daz Studio uses displacement maps? I think its likely it does, because I see alot of Morris characters have displacement maps. Advanced materials is the name of the plugin for Daz yes?

cheers.

Kerya ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2010 at 7:07 AM

DS does use displacement - but contrary to Poser it does have + and - settings. A nice tutorial is here:
forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php

As for advanced materials for DS - Elite Human Surface Shader (EHSS) is free, because it does come with S4 Elite:
www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/stephanie-4-elite

Diogenes ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2010 at 8:09 AM

Cool, thanks Kerya.

I am pretty sure I can get it all working for both apps. The plus and minus settings sound like a quick painless way of adjusting the displacement. Excellent.

cheers.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2010 at 8:13 AM

Quote - DS does use displacement - but contrary to Poser it does have + and - settings. A nice tutorial is here:
forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php

As for advanced materials for DS - Elite Human Surface Shader (EHSS) is free, because it does come with S4 Elite:
www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/stephanie-4-elite

Actually, it is DS that is limited, not Poser. Poser can do maps that are all positive, positive and negative, or all negative.

Unlike DS, in Poser the neutral value is adjustable and can be anything you want. It is unfortunately not obvious how to do so, but I've taught only about 5,000 people how to do it.

You connect a Math:Subtract node to the disp map. In value_2, you enter what value you want to be neutral. It can be 0, .5, .75, 1, .341415926, etc.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2010 at 8:31 AM

I thought the "ZERO" value of Displacement was immutable. I'm glad I'm wrong..

Seriously--they (Admins here) need to put a sticky up with a ccompilation of all of Baginnsbill's tutorials and such. BB, you might have taught 5000 about this, but I know for a fact I wasn't one of them.

I LOVE learning stuff like this, and feel like I missed out on some really interesting stuff!

Diogenes ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2010 at 12:35 PM

Well I took a look through the Daz Studio options. I'm just going to spring for the Daz Studio advanced. It looks like it has everything I will need to set this figure up properly for DS. Already have the figure setup tools, so they will plug right in.

Still working out JCM's, I'll be back later with some progress.

Basis3D ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2010 at 6:23 PM

God I love this discussion. It's a newbie's dream come true! What the hell are you all talking about? Well, I'm learning something new every day so please keep talking!

:-) NEWBIE SMILES

Poser 2010 • Poser 8 • MacPro Desktop • Quad-Core Intel Xeon • 10 GB • Snow Leopard • Windows XP 

Kerya ( ) posted Sat, 16 October 2010 at 2:32 AM

Quote -

Actually, it is DS that is limited, not Poser. Poser can do maps that are all positive, positive and negative, or all negative.

Unlike DS, in Poser the neutral value is adjustable and can be anything you want. It is unfortunately not obvious how to do so, but I've taught only about 5,000 people how to do it.

You connect a Math:Subtract node to the disp map. In value_2, you enter what value you want to be neutral. It can be 0, .5, .75, 1, .341415926, etc.

Make that 5,001! Thank you!

arcebus ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 10:38 AM

Seriously--they (Admins here) need to put a sticky up with a ccompilation of all of Baginnsbill's tutorials and such

No. I would say we just catch that Bagginsbill-guy, lock him up and leave him unfed until he wrote a book about everything he knows (about Poser).

Until then, reading (  r e a d i n g  ) the Poser manual would help, too.

Admins: Do have have to flag this for obscenity, now that I suggested in public to   r e a d   a   m a n u a l?

www.skin2pix.com

Diogenes ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 3:07 PM

file_460444.jpg

Did someone call for Kentucky fried? :lol:

Diogenes ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 3:11 PM

file_460445.jpg

Poor Brad, he has been locked in a low ceiling dungeon dragging a heavy weight around for so long I think it's done something to his joints.:scared:

Well almost have the thigh bend smooth at 115 X and 115 Z Thats as far as I'm taking it so this will have to be enough.

cheers.

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 7:31 PM

he looks amazing.  And to me he looks close to completion.
Love esther

Diogenes ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 9:45 PM · edited Sun, 17 October 2010 at 9:54 PM

Quote -  he looks amazing.  And to me he looks close to completion.
Love esther

You know it just dawned on me that you're right! After the JCM's The joints are done and set in stone, the uV's as well. so all thats left is the scaling. The scaling I can do after I release this version. And we can start making things for him like textures and clothes and morph packs. Hair, he will need hair. But of course I can just make a bunch of hair fit poses for the M4 hair. So mainly clothes,  textures and morphs.

Amazing, time has flown by these last couple of years. Brad high poly is just a division of this mesh and some slight touch up on the morphs, nothing to it.

So whats next?  Kids or a mate for Brad? Maybe a demon steed for him to ride in the forgotten realms? Maybe a new plugin rig for P-8 rigging?

Or..........?

What am I going to do with no figure to work on.  :b_crying:

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 9:55 PM

Quote - > Quote -  he looks amazing.  And to me he looks close to completion.

Love esther

You know it just dawned on me that you're right! After the JCM's The joints are done and set in stone, the uV's as well. so all thats left is the scaling. The scaling I can do after I release this version. And we can start making things for him like textures and clothes and morph packs. Hair, he will need hair. But of course I can just make a bunch of hair fit poses for the M4 hair. So mainly clothes,  textures and morphs.

Amazing, time has flown by these last couple of years. Brad high poly is just a division of this mesh and some slight touch up on the morphs, nothing to it.

So whats next?  Kids or a mate for Brad? Maybe a demon steed for him to ride in the forgotten realms? Maybe a new plugin rig for P-8 rigging?

Or..........?

What am I going to do with no figure to work on.  :b_crying:

I vote for the demon steed!

Cage ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 9:57 PM

Ooh.  A special P8 rigging version would be really cool.  I don't think any figure has yet been released which really explores the possibilities of the new falloff zone handling.

Are there morphs for Brad?

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 10:33 PM

I think when you have finished him (I'm really looking forward to the high ply version of him) the next thing you should do is a commercial project and make a female who would look good in a temple with a sword.  Then you will get lots of money and be able to get a really fantastic computer with a ton of ram and HD space and SSD for your main HD etc.
Love esther

Diogenes ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 10:44 PM

GeneralNutt

Got one started.

Diogenes ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 10:51 PM

Cage:

Not many morphs yet, but they are on the way. A P-8 rig would be nice I think I can rigg the whold thing with no JCM's at all, that would save alot of headache.

Esther:

A nice naked, huge boobed, poo butted, pouty lipped, doe eyed, thing with a sword would definitely grab the money.:laugh:

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 11:10 PM

It would be the first one with such good rigging too.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.