Tue, Oct 22, 3:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Memory question

TonyL ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2010 at 5:06 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:25 AM

Hi!

I am running Vue 8 Esprit on a PC  that has 8 gigs of ram. For some reason the program will only let me render really small pictures, even at 72 dpi. Can anybody tell me why or how I can work around it?

Tony

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2010 at 5:33 PM

What operating system?  Having 8GB of memory but a 32 bit operating system will limit how much memory a program can use...

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

TonyL ( ) posted Wed, 20 October 2010 at 5:46 PM

64 bit. I'm running Vista.

bruno021 ( ) posted Thu, 21 October 2010 at 1:48 AM

There is no reason for this situation. Esprit's render size is only limited to your system's capabilities.

MNArtist ( ) posted Thu, 21 October 2010 at 6:48 AM

Tony
When you say "the program will only let me..." what do you mean? Are you getting a specific error message? Are the options not being made available?

I agree with with Esprit and 8gb RAM you should be able to do very large renders.

TonyL ( ) posted Thu, 21 October 2010 at 7:56 AM

When I try to set render size in the render options menu most choices are ghosted out. It doesn't seem to matter which quality setting I make.

bruno021 ( ) posted Thu, 21 October 2010 at 8:31 AM

I tnink this is because your render is set to render in the main view. When rendering in the main view, you cannot specify any size, because it's the size of the main view that decides the size of the render. Check the "render to screen" box, and all size and format parameters will become available.

TonyL ( ) posted Thu, 21 October 2010 at 8:44 AM

Great! Thank you very much. I'll try that.

Tony

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.