Fri, Sep 20, 2:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Did the way you post here change in the last few days?

McGyver13 ( ) posted Sat, 23 October 2010 at 11:12 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:17 PM

This here box I'm typing in is different than it was two days ago... Less options.  That and I can not edit a post I made 2 days back... And I can't seem to post an image(it just won't "take").... ?  Did I miss something? Thanks in advance for any light you may be able to shed on this dilemma.

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 23 October 2010 at 12:57 PM

Quote - Did I miss something?

No, there is no "Insert IMG" button on the new editor's toolbar. > Quote - This here box I'm typing in is different than it was two days ago... Less options.  That and I can not edit a post I made 2 days back... And I can't seem to post an image(it just won't "take").... ?

If the problem isn't happening when trying to attach a file (that's Rendo's own code) then you'll need to click the "HTML" button and edit the tag in directly in HTML mode. If that doesn't work, then it is probably another mismatch between the new editor and the forum software over what tags are used and/or allowed.

McGyver13 ( ) posted Sat, 23 October 2010 at 2:17 PM

Thank you nruddock... 

I have also noticed that if I make a post and then leave the forum the option to edit post has disappeared.

Nope the attach file button does not seem to work....

A long time ago I had a dog. He was very smart for a dog. Being a dog , he had no thumbs. He also died about 10 years ago... Still, even now he'd have a better chance of of adding the image to the HTML code than I do. 

I liked the previous method of doing this... 

I hope they fix it soon. Thanks again.

StaceyG ( ) posted Sat, 23 October 2010 at 2:22 PM

The edit post feature is only a 15 minute window and it's been that way for quite some time. If you leave the post and come back to it for longer than 15 minutes the edit option will disappear

I believe you can do a right click and paste option to insert an image in a forum post now.

McGyver13 ( ) posted Sat, 23 October 2010 at 2:50 PM · edited Sat, 23 October 2010 at 2:53 PM

A 15 minute edit window? I don't think I've ever seen that anywhere before... I better never post when I'm drunk. I'm not complaining, but I find that both funny(comical) and odd... I'm sure there is a reason for it though. It definitely drives home the need to carefully read one's post before making it. Spellchecking alone will never catch the difference between not having enough sheep last night or not sleeping enough. Wait too long and nobody will know if you are tired or just have a thing for wool. 

As far as doing a right click to paste all I get this... file:///Users/vic/Desktop/MCTAS-1.jpg

I'm a Mac user so thats probably why.

Anyway, Thank you for the info.

Edited to add- if you see a picture here it's because the "attach file" button works now...

Edited again to add- nope it did not work.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 23 October 2010 at 3:29 PM · edited Sat, 23 October 2010 at 3:30 PM

Well the window that you post in does look different.  My font size has changed to, but looks the same after I post it.  Sharen

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sat, 23 October 2010 at 4:40 PM

text  greyalien.gif  text

it allows mac users to post img files, but they haven't finished the GUI yet.

genefleeman ( ) posted Sun, 21 November 2010 at 11:33 PM

I just tried to edit my post as well and though I did not leave and come back and was editing it all that time it refused saying the time limit was up.. WHILE I WAS WRITING???  Oh well, guess it was not meant to be seen..  My vision is getting poor and I type really slowly so, if it is a long edit, tough luck..

Radom27 ( ) posted Tue, 30 November 2010 at 7:52 PM

Why 15 minutes? Why not 1.5 or 150 or 1500? It seems very strange to me. If I write something, it's my words and I should be able to do with them what I want, no matter when. It does not seem correct that I lose control of the words I wrote.

genefleeman ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2010 at 10:42 PM

Quote - This here box I'm typing in is different than it was two days ago... Less options.  That and I can not edit a post I made 2 days back... And I can't seem to post an image(it just won't "take").... ?  Did I miss something? Thanks in advance for any light you may be able to shed on this dilemma.

If you can't edit past 15 minutes will this not fill more pages with corrections being a new post..  When you can edit your posts then it uses less space on the site and thread.. It seems like it would add un needed "clutter"  (not that anybody's words are clutter but at this time of night here I just can't think of a more appropriate term)...  hope that the sites admin will see this fact and  fix it to make for a more shorter thread that is more understandable...  no 10 corrections in between a train of thought...that can become very confusing very quickly...

McGyver13 ( ) posted Fri, 03 December 2010 at 9:17 AM

Yeah, I completely agree with genefleeman. It gets real confusing and cluttered fast. On another site I visit I did not notice the edit button for a long time, it made my posts very messy. I recently went back to several (about 8) forums I visit and checked to see if anyone else has a time limit on editing.... Nope. Not one of them. Not that my opinion really matters, but the admin here should really consider eliminating the time limit... especially considering that in some cases someone might post something that they wish they did not and then reconsider it later than 15 minutes, which could lead to hard feelings and misunderstandings if not embarrassment.  Then again that might just liven things up here by creating interesting quarrels.

genefleeman ( ) posted Sat, 04 December 2010 at 5:17 AM · edited Sat, 04 December 2010 at 5:17 AM

There are not many quarrels I find that interesting.  They tend to end up with a lot of anger being spewed at whom ever happens to disagree or seems to disagree with either party...  not my favorite passtime.

McGyver13 ( ) posted Sat, 04 December 2010 at 3:35 PM

Actually I was being facetious... people in general get bent out of shape over the littlest stupid things and I don't think people fighting or misunderstanding each other is at all interesting,actually it is quite annoying.  

My general response to most bothersome,unfortunate or dangerous events in life is... "Well, that was interesting" or "Well,that was fun"...  I don't actually enjoy what happened, I just generally feel the need to attach a semi sarcastic or facetious note to the events that proceeded. I sometimes help design products and I've found that people respond less favorably to a statement like: "The design of the hinge is way too sharp at the rear and could lead to a sever pinching hazard" They tend to ignore the suggestion as opposed to saying "although the general shape and angle of the hinge is esthetically pleasing, it is quite possible that the small pieces of flesh that will accumulate in the hinge due to it's sharp edge may mar it overall performance".  Most of the time people will snicker at that and consider the suggestion. I sort of meant it like that.

So my point was more or less like: "An open edit option is a better idea since it will allow someone to go back and fix something they wrote as opposed to having to make another post some time later(and possibly several responses later) where the person who may take offense to what was said may not ever notice it... unless that is the intention, which could be one possible option of such an odd choice in edit function,since I understand some individuals do enjoy conflict and rivalry, although that does not seem to make sense given the nature and purpose of these forums."

One nice feature I recently (just now) discovered about this text window (that what I'm calling this box I'm typing this in) is that at the bottom it tells you how many words you've typed... which is currently 324.... which tells me I typed way too much to communicate the simple idea: "Sorry... Thats not how I meant that". 

genefleeman ( ) posted Sat, 04 December 2010 at 5:55 PM · edited Sat, 04 December 2010 at 5:56 PM

My response was more directed at those that tend to use this space as a way to attack ideas or just be disagreeable than to you or your post...  I did see your post for what it was and in fact found it humorous.... I guess I was too busy clarifying my opinion to clarify whose direction it was pointed...... sorry...

McGyver13 ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2010 at 10:07 AM

I took no offense, I was just clarifying. Actually I'm kinda glad you happened to say what you did in the first place. At least now I know I'm not the only one who thinks the 15 min window is an odd choice. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.