Mon, Oct 7, 4:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Photography Forum Challenge - October 2010 - "Bridges"

alida ( ) posted Sun, 24 October 2010 at 4:51 AM

babuci and werries:) great images

prutzworks ( ) posted Sun, 24 October 2010 at 8:54 AM

file_460694.jpg

backyard cityhall  just around the corner my appartment

minder is meer

Meisiekind ( ) posted Sun, 24 October 2010 at 10:01 AM

Ahhh Martin - how cute! What a colorful little corner with this brightly colored bridge! Marvelous image and thanks for sharing!

"To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them."

Elliott Erwitt

BobKemper ( ) posted Sun, 24 October 2010 at 5:12 PM

file_460712.jpg

A few kilometers down the road there's a narrow valley where these two brick bridges are nearly on top of each other. No pedestrians. No autos or trucks. These bridges are for the train that comes to Pirmasens.

Bob

cfulton ( ) posted Mon, 25 October 2010 at 1:27 AM

I do not know why I thought 'that must be in South Africa' on Werries post...!

Glad I was right!  There is a lot of very interesting work here, especially Tunde's POVs.

Clive

babuci ( ) posted Mon, 25 October 2010 at 2:19 AM

Martin...how lucky you, just have to walk a bit and find a cute pink bridge. Mkaes me think kindergarden...

Bob, great double arch...

seeya  T

Meisiekind ( ) posted Mon, 25 October 2010 at 1:36 PM

@ BobKemper - wow - that is neat! I love the double bridges! Very unique... Well done indeed!

"To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them."

Elliott Erwitt

prutzworks ( ) posted Mon, 25 October 2010 at 1:47 PM

@BobKemper: a life example for modelrailrouding ;)

minder is meer

rockstrider ( ) posted Mon, 25 October 2010 at 4:07 PM · edited Mon, 25 October 2010 at 4:09 PM

file_460754.jpg

The same bridge (viaduct) as my previous forum upload, but further down the track and featuring oncoming train.

Carl.

I'm not homophobic - I love my house!!!

prutzworks ( ) posted Mon, 25 October 2010 at 4:14 PM

great bridge and cool trainspotting too!

minder is meer

mariogiannecchini ( ) posted Mon, 25 October 2010 at 5:44 PM

Congratulations to all of you for the beautiful images you have attached.
Mario

jcpowell ( ) posted Mon, 25 October 2010 at 5:57 PM

file_460757.jpg

Took this last year...got stuck up to my knees in mud to get this shot of the historic TRENTON MAKES bridge that spans the Delaware River from New Jersey to Pennsylvania.

Joe

WEBSITE - www.jcpowellphotography.com

FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/JCPowellPhotography

cfulton ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2010 at 2:21 AM

Well worth the mud, Joe!

Meisiekind ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2010 at 10:17 AM

@ Carl - So cool! I love that you captured the train too!

@ Joe - I agree with Clive - worth every effort! Very cool indeed!

Elliott Erwitt

emmecielle ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2010 at 11:59 AM

Congratulations to all for the splendid images! :-)

mariogiannecchini ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2010 at 5:00 PM

file_460786.jpg

Foto di un piccolo ponte sul fiume Chiese a Sopraponte , paese della provincia di Brescia , importante perché permette in pochi minuti di recarsi nel paese di là dal fiume sulla strada che porta a Salò , senza dover fare un lungo percorso in auto .

Photo of a small bridge over the river to Sopraponte churches, village in the province of Brescia, which is important because it allows within minutes of going to the country beyond the river on the road to Salò, without having to make a long journey by car.

mariogiannecchini ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2010 at 5:03 PM

file_460787.jpg

Seconda immagine

mariogiannecchini ( ) posted Tue, 26 October 2010 at 5:07 PM

file_460788.jpg

Terza immagine

cfulton ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2010 at 2:01 AM

What a functional bridge! Wonderful to see!

mariogiannecchini ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2010 at 2:15 AM · edited Wed, 27 October 2010 at 2:16 AM

X cfulton
Good day, thanks
I've seen your bridges, ripped me a smile the first, very nice, very beautiful the other two.
Mario

prutzworks ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2010 at 2:33 AM

file_460801.jpg

minder is meer

cfulton ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2010 at 2:46 AM

There is a fair bit of history behind this bridge - thanks for the link!

Clive

emmecielle ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2010 at 5:07 AM

Un ponte decisamente pratico e funzionale! Ottimi scatti!

A very practical and functional  bridge ! Excellent shots!  :-)

Meisiekind ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2010 at 10:22 AM

Mario - you bridges are awesome! They look so looong!!!! I love the depth you captured in each image! Well done indeed!

Elliott Erwitt

mariogiannecchini ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2010 at 10:39 AM

Grazie a Maria Concetta  e Carin !!! Ho visto . questo mese , molti bei lavori ! Un piacere partecipare.

Thanks to Maria Concetta and Carin!

I've seen. This month, many beautiful works! A pleasure to participate.

helanker ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2010 at 11:34 AM

OH WOW !

Havent been here for some days, No ebots, but today I got one and look how many wonderful bridges you have shared. Amazing and so beautiful too.  Bravo! friends.

Helle

emmecielle ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2010 at 1:33 PM

It 's a pleasure to see all your works! I only regret not being able to participate in this challenge... I have not yet succeeded in finding the only bridge that I photographed years ago! It was the bridge of the Saracens, a stone bridge dating from the ninth century  on Simeto River, near Catania. Although it is called Ponte dei Saraceni, it's a Norman building.

wysiwig ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2010 at 4:33 PM · edited Sat, 30 October 2010 at 4:38 PM

Attached Link: wysiwig

file_460936.jpg

Ok Carin, since you asked, here is the Tower Bridge from my recent visit to Sacramento, California.  I was there for a Meet-And-Greet with PJ (MrsLubner), her daughter Heather (budweiser_girl), Greg (gemb1) and Costa (costapanos).

LovelyPoetess ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 1:34 PM

file_460973.jpg

Loving all the bridges I've seen on here!

I was out very early this morning to capture a few more myself. (bad neighborhoods, but if you are there just after sun up the "less desirable" elements are not hanging around as they've just gone to bed)

I've passed this one several times and while I have long been tempted to stop and shoot it, I've never once been tempted to take my vehicle over it (or even want to walk it) It doesn't look like it would hold up with all that patchwork on it.

During the week those gates are open though, so someone must drive over it...

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

So where do they go when a photograph leaves you speechless? 

LovelyPoetess ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 1:38 PM

file_460974.jpg

And my last one, can't have a bridge that opens without a bridgekeeper, this one has a pretty interesting looking residence! I'd love the chance to see inside.

cfulton ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 1:42 PM · edited Sun, 31 October 2010 at 1:43 PM

Wow!  I am really enjoying all these bridges!  The one above with the stop sign would have disappeared as scrap metal here...

Clive

myrrhluz ( ) posted Mon, 01 November 2010 at 12:10 AM

file_460991.jpg

My last one will be about 10 minutes late.  Where did October go?  It's not a new one I'm afraid. I just looked at all the beautiful shots! 

This is The Brooklyn Bridge (already shown wonderfully here) and the Manhattan Bridge.

whaleman ( ) posted Mon, 01 November 2010 at 3:58 PM

file_461023.jpg

I hope I can squeeze a late one in! I had been meaning to get out to a certain bridge but that never happened, then this morning I thought why not a photo of my own bridge that I built in my back yard, over my imaginary creek, with my little boat coming down with the two kids on it. Of course you cannot see the imaginary stream, though it is quite beautiful, because it is just totally covered with leaves from my very real maple...anyway, here it is...sorry I'm late!

Wayne

cfulton ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2010 at 2:18 AM

That is quite choppy water on that river, turbulence created by the leaves! Must be in flood, I hope they remember to duck!

Clive

LovelyPoetess ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2010 at 8:13 AM

Those pesky leaves! Always obscuring the view!!!  Neat hand made bridge you have there, Whaleman.

emmecielle ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2010 at 4:04 PM

Splendid images! Congratulations to all! :)

blinkings ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2010 at 3:43 AM

file_461354.jpg

Great shots everyone. Here is just a quick shot of an old railway bridge in Richmond Australia.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.