Wed, Sep 18, 11:08 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Those with knowledge of morphs, hope you can help

DarkElegance ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2010 at 6:08 AM · edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 2:41 PM

I need to make a full figure morph(or have it done for me) of particular measurements.

as I normally spin my dials to get juuuuust what I want, (I gave up doing it in zbrush ages ago)

I am not sure how to get "measurements" for my v4.

I fully admit I am probably not using p6 to its best abilities but as far as I know there isnt a tape measure tucked in there for me to wrap around her bust, waist and hips.

any advice or is there anyone that can toss a morph together if given specific measurements?

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2010 at 6:49 AM

PhilC's Poser Toolbox has a tape measure ability which might help you do what you want.

lesbentley ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2010 at 3:01 PM

file_460853.TXT

The zip attached above contains a a cr2 that may help you to make measurments in Poser. When you save it to disk, delete the ".TXT" part of the file extension, so it is saved as "Poser Measure.zip".

INSTALLATION:
Extract the zip to your main Poser folder. The files will be placed in the path:
RuntimelibrariesCharacterLes Bentley

USE:

The "Poser Measure" figure consists of two cross-hairs.

Load the Poser Measure figure in Poser. select the "Body" actor (bottom cross-hair), move cross-hair intill it is at the point you want to start the measurement from. If necessary rotate the Body untill the top cross-hair points in the direction you want to measure. Select the "Measure END" actor and adjust its "Measure" dial untill the other cross-hair is at the end point of your measurement. Read the value of the Measure dial, this will be the measurment in whatever units you have poser set to measure in.

TIPS:
You may find it easier to get acurate measurements if you view through an orthognal camera, such as the Front Camera or the Top Camera, etc.

The cross-hairs will display in the coulour selected as the Foreground Color, you can change this from the Display menu (the default is white). The cross-hairs are set to be transparent, so will not show in a rendered image.

You can change the units Poser measures in from the Edit menu > General Prefferences > Interface tab.

lesbentley ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2010 at 3:12 PM · edited Thu, 28 October 2010 at 3:13 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_460854.jpg

Here is what it looks like.

SickenlySweete ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2010 at 10:45 PM

anybody try to use this in daz studio?? or is it a poser only thing?

sounds like it would be a good tool to use.

thanks

SS

www.bloodyrosesdesigns.com

http://www.aldaraproject.com/aldara/

http://www.dreamslayervisions.com

DarkElegance ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2010 at 8:18 AM

ohh gonna try it! THANK YOU so much^.^

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2010 at 8:58 AM · edited Fri, 29 October 2010 at 9:05 AM

Quote - anybody try to use this in daz studio?

I don't have D|S, so can't test it in that application. It's mostly simple stuff that should work OK in D|S. The possible exceptions being the combination of Display Style and transparency. The the cross-hairs are very thin and set to be transparent. They rely on using the Outline Display Style to make them visible in preview, and to give them sufficient thickness to be easily visible at normal camera distances. I don't know if D|S handles Display Styles the same as Poser. Also, as you read the measurement off a dial, it only supports whatever measurement units your application supports.

Best advice I can give is try it and see. You have nothing to loose except a few minutes of your time.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.