Thu, Sep 19, 12:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: whereto install content for Poser?

Myrailon ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2010 at 11:44 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:39 PM

Hi,

does anybody catch on the folder structure of Poser (8)? If I download content for Poser or e.g. install DAZ content onto Poser, the setup wants to know from me where to copy the files. I know that it must be anywhere at C:UsersPublicDocumentsPoser 8 Content, but all I get in the program are endless, empty folders, no icons.

Kind regards

Roland

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2010 at 2:50 PM

Hmmm...mine is all in my Poser 8 program folder runtimes. I have it installed on my D drive, so it's D:Poser 8Runtime....

Almost all of my non Poser 8 content is in external runtimes. I never install directly to my Poser runtime anymore ;o).

Laurie

markschum ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2010 at 4:11 PM

If I were running Vista or Windows 7 , I would install poser outside the program files folder . for example c:myapps/poser 8 and then install content there.

These two operating systems hate anyone putting files in the program folder , and win 7 seems to remove them to its own location using aliases.

Laurie has the other way, never use the base runtime , put eveything in an external runtime.

Giolla ( ) posted Tue, 09 November 2010 at 1:10 PM

What about Poser Pro 2010? My basic OS is win XP 32 bit.

I work for a number of years with Poser Pro (7) - no  problems.

Poser Pro 2010 is another affair. Whilst installing M4 and V4 they land in the runtime but not in the UI.

The UI remains blanco and does not show any M4/V4 character. It is totally blind.

I tried several angles of attack: i.e. copy and paste from Poser Pro 7 files. No bloody nothing. Everything blank save for the Smith Micro pre installed stuff.

Any suggestions sincerely welcome.

Next question: is Pro 2010 that much better as Pro 7?

Giolla ( ) posted Tue, 09 November 2010 at 2:07 PM

That's just the point. I started install everything new. The files land up in place, the UI remains blank as nothing has been loaded/installed.

Unproblematical installing in 7 Pro, using Target (DAZ) and destination (Poser); not so in Pro 2010.

Thanks anyway for the reply.

Dizzi ( ) posted Wed, 10 November 2010 at 3:30 AM

Giolla, you can easily find out where you should install your files to, by hovering over any folder displayed in Poser's library GUI. A tool tip will then show the full path to that folder. You're probably not installing the content in the correct location...

Richardphotos ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 2010 at 7:39 PM

I would suggest using the option on the top right to import runtimes.at least it is in Poser 8.I just installed pro 2010 but I bet it has the same option

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.