Thu, Oct 3, 1:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Any colour, as long as it's grey

Morgano ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 6:21 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 11:27 PM

Can someone, please, suggest why Poser will no longer give me any colour, other than grey (or a vague brown)?   If, say, in the Materials Room, I click on any colour, the palette displays.    The colours appear normal enough, but, as I track across the palette, I only ever get grey.   If I click on the icon at the top right of the palette, to bring up the more detailed palette, I can create and save any colour.   From the basic palette, though, all I get is grey, light grey, dark grey, more grey, or a muddy brown.    I assume I must have clicked some option by mistake, which is much too easy with my current computer, but does Poser really have a "Please Make My Life Grey" option?

Any advice gratefully received, since my next thought is to re-install.   It's PoserPro 2010, which may or may not be pertinent.   Many thanks for any thoughts.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 7:25 PM

Don't use the colour picker.  It's lousy.  The detailed palette is the way to go.  If I was you, I wouldn't waste time worrying about the other one; in fact, it's a wonder you ever got it to work in the first place.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Morgano ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 7:46 PM

I think that you are right.   The colour picker is unfeasibly annoying, at the best of times.   Thanks.   The weird thing is that I have carried on using it for years (and banged my head against the wall every time).    The odd thing is that, whereas, up to now, I was constantly picking up grey by mistake, presumably because that is Poser's background shade (which I have been too lazy to change in any of the last six or seven releases), now I always get grey.   

Yes, dumping the picker sounds like much better advice than re-installing.   Thanks, again.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 9:23 PM

To get to the detailed palette quickly, just hold shift when clicking on a color chip.  As ST posted, it is a complete nuisance and waste of time.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.