Fri, Sep 20, 8:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: New Subscriber and Poser 4 Character (WIP)!

markdotcom ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2001 at 4:27 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:30 AM

file_199843.jpg

Greetings all, first post here! I've been working with Poser and Bryce for a long time but just recently stumbled upon the community here. To start things off, here's my first attempt at my own Poser Character. The only things applied in the image are my custom face morphs. By the way, this is the P4male model... I *hope* nobody recognizes him too easily! =) I want to create something really unique for free distribution, so please critique the above (albeit, there's not a lot going on yet!), and check out my homepage here at Renderosity for a list of planned features. If anyone is interested in contributing or has any questions, please let me know!

Taura Noxx ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2001 at 6:15 AM

welcome Mark :) what a positive introduction.... I am pleased to meet you. I am sure you will find that most people here are very friendly and helpful when you need it. As for you character, its a good start on the face morphs and I will look forward to seeing how it progresses. And also looking forward to seeing your gallery posts :)

atthisstage ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2001 at 9:47 AM

He looks so wonderfully psychotic.....

Bia ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2001 at 10:30 AM

hey... well, I do recognize that he is p4male but I still like him. The abs are a bit too sharp but, like you said, you just started so it's hard to know your intentions (superhero? or mega dork? or just defined in the end etc... let us know)I like that crazy face expression! :) welcome to the community...

markdotcom ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2001 at 5:27 PM

Thanks for the responses! To answer some questions, I simply added the hero morphs to the body for a more impressive render. The goal is realism here, so the finished character won't be nearly as built.
He does look a little psychotic, doesn't he? Additional character morphs will change him into a more friendly-looking individual should need be...

Poppi ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2001 at 7:37 PM

Welcome to the community. Your non-dork is coming along just great.

gsalas ( ) posted Sat, 11 August 2001 at 11:19 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=gsalas

I have been working on an online comic consept for the last 2 years, and have been kicking my self over some simple things like charector design for the antagonest. I think he would make a really good one!!! i was looking for someone who didn't quite look evil, but at the same time could be, but could be considered hansome or a"Gentleman" as well. If you wouldn't mind, i think he'd be perfect for it. (At this rate it will only take another two years for the render farm to get it out.) This originaly was going to be a little side project, but has become really serious thing for me since I Finished the over 800 pages (Single spaced) of script and started to really iron out the image styles and charector design details. I realy like this guy... If your interested, let me know. (Instant message or somthing would work) The style and most of the other charectors involved are all over my gallery which I will make a link for so you can get a better idea. as for the realism, It's all in the texture map. the higher Res the better. I use the 4000x4000 maps for vicki and still don't get the level of detail I want. Again check out the gallery link to see what I mean. By the way... I just realised that since your new here... The "P4 male" is commenly know as "The Dork". I remember a message strand a number of months ago that someone had where, and they got really upset because they did this same type of thing, (Introduced a charector design)and were really upset by the "Dork" comments. Sadly, I have never seen their name in this forum since, so, just in case, to say it oficialy... "Dork" is not a negative comment on your work, just our name for the P4Guy. And welcome to our 3D home. -Gabe-

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.