Wed, Sep 18, 11:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Question for Poser Oldtimers - M2 and Pro Pak

kjenarch ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2010 at 5:41 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 12:23 AM

Help!

I was still working happily with Poser 4 but I finally installed my copy of Pro Pak as a gesture of progress. I want to be able to use python scripts. After I installed propak I can not load any character from Mike 2 , well they load but you can't see anything but his hair. When I open an existing pz3 with Mike in it he doesn't show up. When I open the heirarchy editor all his body parts show as if their there. Doesn't seem to matter what texture.

Vic 2, V3, all load fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advancve for your attention to this.

kjenarch

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2010 at 6:41 PM

Ah, sounds like a good old corrupted RSR file, if I remember P4 and PP correctly.  Go into your geometries folder, find M2's .rsr file.  (I don't remember the file name, but it's the same as his obj, just with a .rsr extension) and delete it.  Poser will regenerate it next time you load him, and if I'm right about your problem, that should fix it.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2010 at 7:22 PM

In my experience, a corrupt .rsr will Usually give you a an object loading error and proceed to delete the previous figure if there was one loaded. I've had the blank figure problem but restarting Poser has always fixed it. It's possible that the rsr may be just damaged enough to still load but not load correctly, I just don't recall ever personally tracing the problem to that. At one time, I was in the habit of making all the geometry rsr's read-only to prevent corruption.

I think from the command line:

attrib +R C:Runtimegeometries*.rsr /s

will do it where is the path to your poser exe folder but double check before trying it :-)

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

kjenarch ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2010 at 8:21 PM

I tried to do the RSR deletion and it did'nt work for me but it got me thinking that something might be corrupted so I reloaded my Michael 2 and then he showed up when I opened the file in Pro Pak. The girls were very relieved to have him back.

I'm digging the multiple windows in pro pak.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Visit my gallery and see the girls Mike hangs out with :)

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2010 at 10:12 PM

file_461682.jpg

There some Pro Pack Patches that needed to be installed. Did you get those?

Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2010 at 10:23 PM · edited Sun, 30 January 2011 at 3:14 PM

I couldn't find it online so I just uploaded the patch for you

Tom

edited by mod to remove download link

AnAardvark ( ) posted Tue, 16 November 2010 at 12:23 PM

Are you using Windows 95 or are you still on 3.1? (Ducks)

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Tue, 16 November 2010 at 1:25 PM

file_461714.jpg

Now heerz yer problem.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.