Fri, Oct 4, 4:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Carrara physics is a thing of beauty!

drawbridgep ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2010 at 6:35 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 4:13 PM

Attached Link: Tower Test

Here's a tower I was working on as a test.   I was going to have a ball smashing through it or an expanding gas cloud/explosion, but it fell on it's own.  Probably bad construction.  

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Kixum ( ) posted Tue, 16 November 2010 at 6:53 AM

Way cool!

-Kix

benney ( ) posted Tue, 16 November 2010 at 7:49 AM

Brilliant Phillip. I use carrara 7 po and I am just hoping that santa brings me pro 8. Fingers crossed.

Sueposer ( ) posted Tue, 16 November 2010 at 9:22 AM

Nice smooth animation. Hope no characters were injured in the crash :)

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Tue, 16 November 2010 at 8:29 PM

Thats awesome.  Would you mind writing a quick tutorial on how thats done?

drawbridgep ( ) posted Tue, 16 November 2010 at 8:46 PM

Actually I'm not quite sure why it does it.  But here you go....

Add a normal cube and stretch it to be a brick shape

In the motion tab under motion select physics

Duplicate the brick and move it to the opposite end of the tower

Group those two bricks and then duplicate the group and rotate it around the vertical to form the next brick

Ctrl-D a few times to duplicate and rotate the bricks to form the bottom layer of the tower.

Group the layer and then duplicate it

Move the layer up to become the second row of bricks and rotate around the vertical axis to form a brick pattern.

Ctrl-D for however many layers you want.  I think I did around 40.

And that's your tower.

Click on the simulate physics button and it will then churn away at the calculations and for some reason which I haven't worked out, the tower, rather than staying tower shape, falls down.

tada!

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Tue, 16 November 2010 at 8:56 PM · edited Tue, 16 November 2010 at 8:57 PM

Awesome, I'm going to give this a shot.

I tried to do this before, and all I endedup doing was having a bunch of cubes just standing there doing nothing.

What I have in mind is building something into a known shape and have that shape fall apart.

I've been working on and off on this video project Idea that I have, and you'll get the idea.  I just posted a link to a youtube video in another thread here check it out.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Wed, 17 November 2010 at 2:18 PM

Attached Link: Chess Set Animation

Here's a new animation.   

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

UVDan ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2010 at 1:55 AM
Forum Moderator

Awesome stuff!

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.