Mon, Oct 7, 2:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Using 'V4.2 to V3'

ChrisV ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 2010 at 5:20 PM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 2:29 PM

I've been using V4 for a while now but I've never been very happy with V4's lack of facial morphs and 'plastic' eyes.  Looking through my runtime I noticed under my Daz people that I have a character 'V4.2 to V3'  While loading it I get a message "Please locate "V4toV3BODYGrps.pz2".  Because P8 can't find the file, the program then crashes.

I've done a complete file search but can't locate it.  Where is it?

If I can then load this character, does it allow V3 facial morphs to be used with V4 textures (my preferred scenario)?

Also, in the disgraceful absence of any documentation from Daz on V4's morphs and character types, is there any tutorial that covers this?

FrankT ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 2010 at 5:39 PM

IIRC, the V4 t0 V3 just has a body that's rigged to take V3 clothing.  It's basically a V4 head on a V3 body so no, that wouldn't work

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 2010 at 5:54 PM

Do you compress your files?

Try searching for the file without the extension.

Mine is located here:

C: Program Files Curious Labs Poser 6 Runtime libraries !DAZ V4toV3

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 2010 at 6:17 PM

Quote - I've been using V4 for a while now but I've never been very happy with V4's lack of facial morphs and 'plastic' eyes.  Looking through my runtime I noticed under my Daz people that I have a character 'V4.2 to V3'  While loading it I get a message "Please locate "V4toV3BODYGrps.pz2".  Because P8 can't find the file, the program then crashes.

I've done a complete file search but can't locate it.  Where is it?

If I can then load this character, does it allow V3 facial morphs to be used with V4 textures (my preferred scenario)?

Also, in the disgraceful absence of any documentation from Daz on V4's morphs and character types, is there any tutorial that covers this?

That "disgraceful lack of documentation" appears to be the norm rather than the exception for a fair few key Poser / Daz products. Some vendors provide excellent documentation, so it's obviously not impossible. Unfortunately, when you're trying to unscramble Shader Mixer brick behavior without documentation, you're going to find yourself at a distinct disadvantage.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

nruddock ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 2010 at 6:29 PM

Quote - While loading it I get a message "Please locate "V4toV3BODYGrps.pz2".

This figure has a channel preparation script just like the V4 figure. This script needs to be run atleast once before the figure can be used.

Look "DzCreateExPFiles-V4V3.bat" (or Mac equivalent) in the Runtime where you have the figure installed and run it.

ChrisV ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 2010 at 6:46 PM

Quote - IIRC, the V4 t0 V3 just has a body that's rigged to take V3 clothing.  It's basically a V4 head on a V3 body so no, that wouldn't work

Hmmm!  Thanks for that - just confirms to me what a waste of space many of Daz's files are! :-(

ChrisV ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 2010 at 6:49 PM · edited Tue, 23 November 2010 at 6:49 PM

Quote - > Quote - While loading it I get a message "Please locate "V4toV3BODYGrps.pz2".

This figure has a channel preparation script just like the V4 figure. This script needs to be run atleast once before the figure can be used.

Look "DzCreateExPFiles-V4V3.bat" (or Mac equivalent) in the Runtime where you have the figure installed and run it.

Hi  nruddock

Many thanks for the tip.  However, I've searched both my P6 and P8 runtimes and no such file can be found.  I'm using P8 on Win XP; is this something for Mac installations?

nruddock ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 2010 at 7:19 PM · edited Tue, 23 November 2010 at 7:20 PM

Based on my Runtime, the Mac file has the extension ".command"

You should find it in the "!DAZ" folder.

ChrisV ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 2010 at 7:35 PM

Quote - > Quote - IIRC, the V4 t0 V3 just has a body that's rigged to take V3 clothing.  It's basically a V4 head on a V3 body so no, that wouldn't work

Hmmm!  Thanks for that - just confirms to me what a waste of space many of Daz's files are! :-(

Frank,  Just a thought to follow up; is there the equivalent for the other way round, i.e. a morph for V3's head to go on V4's body and using V4's textures? 

ChrisV ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 2010 at 7:38 PM

Quote - Based on my Runtime, the Mac file has the extension ".command"

You should find it in the "!DAZ" folder.

Sorry, no such file available on any of my runtimes or their subfolders.  Was this within the V4+ morphs package or the developers package (which I've not installed)?

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 2010 at 8:59 PM

Those particular files mentioned will be found in runtime>Libraries>!DAZ folder.  V4toV3BODYGrps.pz2 is should be found in the V4toV3 folder.  IIRC, these are part of the standard installation for V4 and not part of the morph package.

CyberDream ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 2010 at 10:10 PM

file_462032.jpg

Might try using the "search" utility if you are in Windows.  If it doesn't turn up somewhere, consider re-installing V4

CyberDream ( ) posted Tue, 23 November 2010 at 10:46 PM

One thing hit me after the edit time expired on post.

There are two P8 runtimes, one for content and one for the program files.

I don't remember the defaults off hand, as I chose names easier for me to remember, like "Poser8" & "Poser8content".

It's best to have these libraries in the content folder to avoid problems.  Not saying it won't work if elsewhere, depends on your search depth and other things

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 24 November 2010 at 6:57 AM

V4 complete, which includes the morphs and some other goodies, is on sale for $25...

http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/victoria-4-2?item=4781&_m=d

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

NickNoelC ( ) posted Wed, 24 November 2010 at 11:07 AM

That V.2 to V3 seems to be like the old V3 to V2 thing so that Victoria 2 clothes would fit with the V3 head and textures. I'm weird in that I would have loved to have had V3 stuff fit onto V4 but still was able to have all the V3 textures on V4 since I've got way more V3 skins than V4 skins, I still find myself gravitating back toward Victoria 3 even though I'm getting a larger and larger library of V4 - I think I just liked the fact that while V3 was nowhere near as precise as V4 you could still find and create a number of new characters using the "all morphs" and then strip out what you don't need later.

Although is it me or does it seem like it takes more work to deplastic V4 than it did V3?

CyberDream ( ) posted Wed, 24 November 2010 at 11:16 AM

Quote - ....Although is it me or does it seem like it takes more work to deplastic V4 than it did V3?

It's just you and some similarly talented others.

FrankT ( ) posted Wed, 24 November 2010 at 1:08 PM

Quote - Frank,  Just a thought to follow up; is there the equivalent for the other way round, i.e. a morph for V3's head to go on V4's body and using V4's textures?

Not that I know of

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.