Sat, Aug 3, 9:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:13 am)

Subject: Infos about Vue9 Esprit needed!

Singular3D ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 2010 at 1:50 AM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 9:24 AM

Dear all,

After abandoning Vue Esprit with version 6, I may get back to version 9.

I mainly use Cinema 4D and thought of getting Ozone for the skies, but this is no longer an option (not compatible to the new version). The direction I want to go is image based lighting via HDRI skies created in Vue9 Esprit. So I collected some information about it, but i'm not sure, what is supported out of the box and if there are additional modules needed.

It seems Vue can render 360° panoramas and export them as real HDRI. Is this correct?

Is Vue 9 Esprit 64bit on the PC?

Is everything for rendering skies included in Vue 9 Esprit?

What is the benefit of Deep Access for rendering clouded skies?

Any restrictions on the rendered HDRI panorama image sizes?

Anything else, I should know?

I'm using a 6 core AMD PC with 8GB RAM and an AMD graphics card.

bruno021 ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 2010 at 2:46 AM

Did you check the feature list at e-on's site?

Singular3D ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 2010 at 4:19 AM

I did, but it is not very clear, what is completely or only partly included and where additional modules are needed. Some links on e-ons site are broken.

Also looking for experience.

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 2010 at 12:46 PM

You need the Exporter module in order to export the HDRI sky.  That's not part of Esprit.  It is included with Complete or get the Exporter module from Cornucopia3D.

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

Singular3D ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 2010 at 1:36 PM

Thanks a lot, I thought this might be the case, although they state at e-ons site that Vue9 Esprit can render 360° images without limitations.

RenderUp adds both standard and spherical panoramic rendering with adjustable angle up to 360 degrees. This is especially useful for creating and exporting environment HDR images and backgrounds.

Obviously this doesn't mean, that they can be saved. Don't want to rant here, but a spherical projection should be possible and saveable without exporter module.

bruno021 ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 2010 at 1:56 PM

Exporting skies is different from rendering panoramas. Exporting skies mean special file formats so skies can be mapped onto objects in other apps (boxes, skydomes), and this requires Exporter, But I just read the feature list, and 360 degrees HDR images can be made with Esprit, and there is no size limit besides the limitations of your machine.

RenderUp is included in Esprit, which is why Esprit can render and save such images.

Singular3D ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 2010 at 2:28 PM

Thanks bruno for the reply. Cinema 4D can take spherical HDRIs and convert cross HDRIs. The free HDR Shop also supports conversion of all types of HDRIs. So I wonder, what the benefit of the quite expensive exporter module will bring in this use case.

Unfortunately there is no trial version of Vue9 available up to now, so I wanted to ask some owners of Vue9 here.

bruno021 ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 2010 at 4:49 PM

As I tried to explain, you don't need Exporter to render and save 360° hdri images in Esprit.

Singular3D ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 2010 at 5:18 PM

OK, thanks. Got it. ;-))

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.