Fri, Sep 20, 4:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: When did I miss this? Aery Soul no longer?

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 8:51 PM · edited Mon, 29 November 2010 at 8:54 PM

So, when exactly did I say I never buy anything on sale? I do. Just like the rest of you. What I don't do is bawl that something I wanted wasn't on sale or as cheap as I wanted it to be. C'est la vie. I always figure there's next time.

Laurie

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 8:59 PM

Silly people... civilised discussion is never taking place when you come to flame!
Shame!!!

Have a nice day, and try not to castigate those seeking monetary relief.

Off for the night, I have a nice big fat shopping cart with a coupon to use on! I am about to make several vendors very happy with my purchases. ;)

Ariana 

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

MagnusGreel ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 9:13 PM · edited Mon, 29 November 2010 at 9:13 PM

me? flame? no

but I wasn't the one accusing others of whining when they don't agree with you.

now. who was that again? hmmmm? who was castigating others for having a different opinion?

oh yes.... Ariana!

Airport security is a burden we must all shoulder. Do your part, and please grope yourself in advance.

KageRyu ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2010 at 10:11 PM

I pretty much rest my case. Too much hostility in the community, and basically it's because people are cheap.  This topic had nothing to do with the sales, but has been thread-jacked by those who want to rant and gripe about what they perceive as unfair sale practices by vendors.  Many seem to have forgotten that coupons and sales are bonuses and priveledges, and not divine right.  Vendors have the right not to participate if they so choose - this does not make a vendor evil, or crooked, and it is no crime.  Whether or not sales are initiated by Renderosity is irrelevent as Renderosity also specifically allows vendors to Opt out, and even sends emails instructing vendors how on some coupons.  If this was some sort of stunt, or scam, or underhanded shortcut, Renderosity would disallow it, not provide instruction to achieve it.  As I already said, sure, I love to take advantage of good prices when I can, I have very limitted funds to devote to this.  When there are massive sales ad I can only afford select items, I actually pick and choose based on the quality levels of the content involved, and which items I feel are worthy of purchasing at their full price - and those I will wait on (and I do purchase at full price quite often from content creators, especially those I consider skilled and know to produce good quality).  The sort of behaviour here is akin to going in to Wal Mart and complaining because your coupon for X% off the DVD rack can't be used on Playstation games, or some such (try that and see how far it gets you, really).

As for flaming, it is the accuser, not the accusee doing the flaming, and it seems to be simply because of a differing opinion - one I happen to share. I read all of the posts, and see no "axe to grind", nor do I see whining on the part of the accused. I do see two other posters who jumped into a thread following my comment about certain vendors being missed and began complaining about a perceived misdeed because they are disapointed with a sale. Happens to everyone. It's happened to me more than I can count. Moreso, as I said, the biggest point is moot as there was a coupon for 50% off earlier this month that was also usable on sale and clearance items - and it's a good bet that is why certain vendors opted out for this one.  If the products of Aery Soul were exhorbitantly priced I could understand some of the griping and whining about the coupon, but for their quality level I do not feel they are, as I see far less deserving products similarly priced. 

If you do not like a vendors practices or pricing, or somehow feel personally wronged by them for opting out of a sale, fine, don't buy their product. If you want to go into forums and rant and rave and flame about it in unrelated threads, expect dissenting opinions. 

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Fri, 03 December 2010 at 1:47 PM

Heads up maybe last chance to get some of AS's stuff at 50% off...
http://www.daz3d.com/i/shop/artistlist?artist=18727&_m=d

Sale does end sunday at 12midnite mountain time.

HugZ!
Ariana

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 03 December 2010 at 2:05 PM

Okay I'm gonna have to lock this thread if it can't stay civil. Please let's all keep on the right path and do not go down the path of breaking the tos.

Bea ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2010 at 5:46 PM

Maybe AS will be having a good sale later this month and because of that did not want their items on sale now.

Cimaira ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2010 at 10:09 AM

Quote - Maybe AS will be having a good sale later this month and because of that did not want their items on sale now.

I was wondering if there would be the usual AS December sale,  does anyone "in the know" know? lol

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2010 at 5:39 PM

Probably won't feel like christmas without a new Alice! :)

~A~

TaylaAZ ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 7:10 AM

As far as I know there will not be a new Alice. When Alice 4 came out last year I finally snagged her and went to the forum and there was an announcement there saying Alice would not be developed further. Whether they will even sell the last version of Alice, I don't know.

To be honest the worst part of Aery Soul retreating from the marketplace is that there just seems to be a news blackout when it comes to keeping everyone informed of what is going on. :( So very sad still.

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2010 at 4:06 PM · edited Fri, 17 December 2010 at 4:06 PM

Alice is back in the store for their annual sale that started today, FYI in case anyone that hasn't gotten her wants to

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2010 at 4:18 PM

Somehow I KNEW this would happen... I wonder if they really want to quit, or this was to build anticipation? hmmmm.....

But I love a good sale!!! :D

HugZ!
Ariana

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.