Mon, Sep 23, 1:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 12:42 pm)

Subject: Importing Bryce AVI into Poser

nyanze ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2010 at 1:09 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 11:33 AM

Hello. I am having difficulty importing Bryce 7 animation AVI files into Poser 8. Although Poser supports AVI the file is apparently not being accepted because the format within the file is not correct, and the manual does not have this information nor does the book I have. I do not compress my AVI files for importing and I do not use a CODEC. I take them straight off Bryce 7, and even the smallest ones of four seconds will not load. Is there a specific frame rate, compression, or codec I should use to get Poser 8 to accept the animations? Thanks

Adom ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2010 at 8:39 AM

"Codec" is not the same as "container".

"codec" examples:

mpeg-1, mpeg-2, mpeg-4 (divx), indeo5, uncompressed video (not a codec?)...

"container" examples:

mpg, avi, asf... 

AVI can even contain mpeg-1 video.

I don't know what kind of video poser supports but you can download some free program like virtualdub or gspot to get information what codes is used in your avi.

Then find video which works with poser and check which codec was used here (so you can use the same one when writing avi in bryce)

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2010 at 6:17 PM

Render your Bryce movie to image files,BMP is OK,when the render finished import the image files into virtual dub and use that to stich the images together into a UNCOMPRESSED AVI. this should then load happilly into Poser

http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/

Its free

p

nyanze ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 2010 at 1:39 PM

Many thanks! I will try that

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.