Tue, Oct 22, 1:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: reflective ball

Gestah ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2010 at 12:38 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:28 AM

I have been trying to make a sphere reflect like a mirror to no avail.

when I add raytrace to it, it does some whashed out reflection, and if I change the ambient colout to black, the figures around are barely visible, what do I have to do?

FightingWolf ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2010 at 1:48 PM

Quote - I have been trying to make a sphere reflect like a mirror to no avail.

when I add raytrace to it, it does some whashed out reflection, and if I change the ambient colout to black, the figures around are barely visible, what do I have to do?

What version of Poser are you using? I asked because there's an automatic mirror setting in the materials room that you could use but I think it's only in Poser Pro 2010.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2010 at 2:14 PM

enable raytracing and IDL in render settings; uncheck Refl_Lite_Mult in sphere materials.  use ray-traced lites and/or hdri.  do not use AO.

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 2010 at 1:53 AM

file_462372.jpg

I set diffuse value to 0 , and set the reflection node to 0.5 and softness 0.

The material appears black unless its reflecting. LIke this pic

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 2010 at 1:55 AM · edited Thu, 02 December 2010 at 1:56 AM

file_462373.jpg

heres the material settings . This is Poser 7 .

Plutom ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 2010 at 10:10 AM · edited Thu, 02 December 2010 at 10:19 AM

file_462387.png

To add a little to Mark's post.  Getting fancy without adding another object in the scene.

Or you can add an .obj to the scene and pose it so that it reflects off the sphere using Mark's node.

Here is an example of the former.  Jan

Gestah ( ) posted Fri, 03 December 2010 at 12:15 PM

file_462435.jpg

guys, thanks for the help

markschum ( ) posted Fri, 03 December 2010 at 1:16 PM

Mirrors are er difficult to get looking good. Its often easier to fake it by attaching a image map .

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.