Sat, Aug 3, 7:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:13 am)

Subject: Even with a new computer: the same nightmare

lior ( ) posted Tue, 30 November 2010 at 5:54 AM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 5:01 AM

Hi 😄

My new computer:

• Boîtier : LDLC noir avec alimentation Corsair 400W

• Carte mère : Asus M4A785TD-V (AM3 +DDR3 +CG +PCI-E)

• Processeur : AMD Phenom II X4 925 (2.8 QuadCore AM3)

• Ventirad CPU : Scythe Ninja II 939/AM2/AM3/478/775/1156/1366

• Ventilateur : Ventilateur fourni avec le ventirad

• Pâte thermique : Pâte thermique fournie avec le ventirad

• Mémoire : 2x2 = 4 Go DDR3-1333 PC10600 Gskill (kit)

- Carte graphique : Nvidia G210 Fanless HDMI HDCP 512 Mo (PCI-E)

• Carte son : Intégrée : type 7.1 ou 5.1 suivant la carte mère (cf.)

• Carte réseau : Intégrée à la carte mère

• Disque dur : 1 To SATA WD Green, 32 Mo cache (76.59 €)

• Graveur : Graveur DVD SATA DL Samsung noir (22.9 €)

• Ecran : LCD 20'' 16/9ème Samsung F2080 (PVA 8 ms)

• Clavier : Logitech Internet Keyboard

• Souris : Logitech RX250 Optical Mouse

I have bought this computer nearly one year ago

Even with Vue8Infinite:it still crashes!

Thank you for your good advices

drifterlee ( ) posted Tue, 30 November 2010 at 9:22 AM

You might want to update your video drivers and add more RAM if you can. Make sure Vue has the latest updates from E-on.

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Tue, 30 November 2010 at 9:58 AM

Indeed, its a 32 bit operating system, its only going to use just over 3Gb of the 4 you have installed, additionally Vue won't use over 2GB anyway.

What exactly are the crashes you are getting?

Jon

DA Portfolio - http://jonj1611.daportfolio.com/

lior ( ) posted Tue, 30 November 2010 at 3:06 PM

It can happend when I close the softare, load an ecosystem or rendering...

So I have to save my scene every few minutes 😕

drifterlee ( ) posted Tue, 30 November 2010 at 3:12 PM

That's why I just bought a new PC and got Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and 12 gigs of RAM. I had nothing but problems with my old dual core running Xp 32 bit and 4 gigs of RAM. Vue is taking more and more RAM just to work. Poser needs it, too.

lior ( ) posted Tue, 30 November 2010 at 3:15 PM

But my computer is new and I have choosed WinXP Pro 32bits so ?

drifterlee ( ) posted Tue, 30 November 2010 at 4:03 PM

Win Xp 32 bit can't handle more than 3 gigs of RAM. Win 7 Pro can handle up to 16.

Radom27 ( ) posted Tue, 30 November 2010 at 7:25 PM

New computer, same user. That is the problem. It is so much the problem that you don't even know about 32 bits and 64 bits. If you dont know how to use it, learn first. That is my advise.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2010 at 2:55 AM

Use Dynamic Population for your eco-system.  Keep the camera tilted downward to avoid showing the horizon and filling your RAM/resources with eco-ness

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

impish ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2010 at 8:12 AM

I'm still on a 32 Bit system there are some other things you can do to help it cope:

• Turn off the mini preview
  • Downgrade display quality of unused views on the main display
  • Turn on "Don't automatically update materials" in preferences
  • Reduce the number of undo steps
  • When importing collapse identical materials and use the new texture reduction feature

Don't waste money on extra RAM for a 32 Bit system - it won't do anything.

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

drifterlee ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2010 at 8:53 AM

Vue 8 uses a lot more than 2 gigs of RAM depending on your scene. I never have crashes since I upgraded. YOu can always upgrade to a 64 bit OS, than add more RAM.

lior ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2010 at 10:56 AM

A friend said me

Quote - I've been using Vue since version 4 and it's ALWAYS crashed. But I like the programme so I just get used to saving every few minutes ;-)

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2010 at 9:38 PM

Hexagon 2.x is the same way.

Singular3D ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 7:41 AM

Unfortunately Vue was never good at handling memory limits. Other programs deny an operation, Vue simply crashes. Now that Vue went 64bit, I highly recommend using a 64bit operating system. That should help to keep the number of crashes low. Nevertheless save often.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 4:24 PM

My computer is nearly 10 years ago.  Vue 9 Infinite loads Poser figures just fine now and doesn't crash like Vue 8 Infinite did.  My video driver/adapter is over 5 years old and there is no update for it.  I just have 2GB RAM.

The point it, Vue is the problem and not your system.

silverblade33 ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 5:44 PM

Shawn

10 years old?! ye gods, try a new PC, you may enjoy the improvement ;)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 8:53 PM · edited Sat, 11 December 2010 at 8:57 PM

Vue runs fine on it.  Now.  Vue 5 Infinite was a joke (Poser 6 importing was almost braindead).  6 was a little better (Poser hair started looking better).  7 had major OpenGL bugs and displacement/bump was messed up (and slow rendering).  At least Poser 6 importing worked and materials were correct.  8 fixed mostly everything (even rendered faster) except for Poser 6 was now broken.  Version 9 works best so far (even more faster rendering now) and Poser 6 imports look great with no crashes except for one of my VOB items causes problems.

All on the same hardware.  All my other 3D software runs great on it.  Don't need a new computer.  New game software though is another story.  Fallout 3 runs great on it.  But New Vegas won't run at all.  But I don't play games much anymore.

CobraEye ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 11:41 PM

All vues are a joke and buggy outdated software from yesteryear.  The few relics on this forum who think otherwise are so 2008.  Vue's history has been a sordid past and at the end they fumbled the ball.  The software is dead but was never really alive.  In the beginning it was consumer friendly, easy  & fun .  Then it turn into a buggy fake professional program (sudden high cost) that gets used as a plugin by the real animation software.  Then eon thinks that they are solely responsible for the movie that used it as a plugin in another 3d app that did make the movie.  The real goal of vue is for YOU to buy their lame models that are even more buggy then vue.  Then those models that are bought are updated so they don't work with older versions of vue.  It is a crime.  They force you to buy the same program over over again if you want your models to work.  It's a real pig circus.  Maintenance Scam...  don't even get me started...

My advice either take vue for what its worth but don't expect more. It's always been a BIG BUG.

silverblade33 ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 5:25 AM

Shawn

well, when I switched form a Pentium4, 32bit
to
quad core, 64bit, it was a huge improvement! :) 

Cobraeye
all you are doing is showing your gross ignorance. It's bigotry, not "truth". Jeesh

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.