Tue, Oct 22, 3:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: OT: Does Renderosity forums seem to have died to you?

stepson ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 9:15 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:40 AM

They do to me. So whats the scoop, anyone know?

Life is hard, but what a ride.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 9:19 PM

Died? In what way? This place isn't dead as far as I can see :)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

stepson ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 9:24 PM

Well, now that you're back maybe there will be some life again :)

Just seems there are so few new threads and not many people comenting anymore compared to six months ago. I am missing so many people who were regulars. Funny how you get attached to online personalities. :)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 9:40 PM

Aww L You've missed me? =)

Well I know what you mean though. That's also why I can't really stay away from this place, even while in hiatus (and, despite it's an odd season for that, I'm actually clawing my way out of the current hiatus.. or at least trying to... L)

As for this place being dead(er).. it's probably also the time of year. People are busy with RL stuff at Christmas time.. and Thanksgiving is only just over. And the summer season is always dead. Late Winter is best. Nothing else to do that to sit indoors L

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

stepson ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 9:53 PM

I always miss you TrekkieGrrrl, You're the life of the party. Lively fun personality, I like.

Hope you make it out of the current hiatus and stay for awhile.

odf...I miss odf too. He seems to have dropped off the edge of the world, living all the way out there on the rim like that, he should be more carefull.  :)

I saw Silke the other day :) so she's still with us. Where's DPH?  Acadia is still here, I think it would truely be the end if she left.

Many more.  Well where ever you all are, Best wishes and happy holidays.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 10:05 PM

It is quieter than usual but as TG says, it's probably due to everyone having RL things to deal with.

I can't contribute to the P8/2010 threads since I don't have either; likewise Miki3 and various other bits and pieces.  That's a sizable chunk of forum traffic passing me by.

There are several other threads I really don't feel like posting in, just in case I say something somebody may regret.  :)

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 10:15 PM

Members have been spotted in 3DS Max and other forums.  School is winding down for many also.  Aussies are on vacation this time of year.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

stepson ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 10:20 PM · edited Sat, 11 December 2010 at 10:22 PM

Hi Sam. :)

Speaking of real life, how are those two little ones? (or is one still on the way?)

Hi Shawn, Happy hollidays. :)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 10:32 PM

It's still one at the moment and he's just fine, thanks.  :)  Learning to walk and talk now, and he's a very good climber, so he causes absolute mayhem.   Samuel is the sweetest, funniest, most mischievous child I have ever known.

Our little girl will be born some time in early Feb, according to the docs.  We already know she has one hell of a kick.  :)

My Store

My Gallery

stepson ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 10:39 PM

Good to hear. Kids are lively :) Happy Xmas to little Samuel and the Mrs. Good luck in Feb, hope for an easy birth.  :)

josterD ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 11:09 PM

i would write many more messages but people don't like it. so i haven't

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 2:35 AM

I think it wasn't as fun when they banned talking about offsite products like hey the so and so outfit is on sale at daz.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

stepson ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 2:54 AM

Hi Esther,

peeks out from behind the corner

You gonna shoot me with that big gun?  :)  :m_shy:

That does seem a little strict, but too many adds is no good either. But JenX is no longer watching so we can do whatever we want these days.

:b_grin:

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 3:44 AM

why isn't she watching?

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 3:45 AM

oh the gun - well only if you disagree with me!

stepson ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 4:45 AM

JenX has disappeared! A very mysterious disappearence, I think perhaps the snapes have got her. Nope not a peep in ages from JenX. The oceans boil and the sky rains fire, but JenX is nowhere in the shire. Shhh it's a secret.

I would never disagree with you, you are much too awsome a personage. :) I shall be very good.

Does anyone know what happened to Xenophonz? Or Penguinisto?

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 4:49 AM

I had nothing to do with it.  But I will go after those snapes and bring her back.  In the meantime, anyone know of any good sales anywhere?

Love esther

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 6:28 AM
Site Admin

Maybe everyones busy with the holiday contest. Oh yeah and RL too. This can be an insane time of the year.  The only reason I have time to be on now is the weather has caused cancellations. 

As far as sales check out http://renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2817341 

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 7:39 AM · edited Sun, 12 December 2010 at 7:39 AM

No no! Any Snape worth mentioning is here with me and you're NOT going after him. He's MINE! Mine mine mine!

erhmcoughwell...

I haven't seen Pengy in like forever. He tends to pop up once or twice in a year and then disappear again. I didn't know odf was missing, I hope he's just finishing That character he was making fingers crossed

Xeno.. didn't he become a coordinator here even? Or was it Marketplace something.. Seems odd if he's gone. But perhaps just busy. And there's a point about the Aussies (and probably other of the antipodeans, it's summer down under L)

But yea it does seem a bit slow here. I'll do my best to shake up the party LOL!

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 8:03 AM

I saw schlabber this evening!

bantha ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 8:03 AM

Well, even if JenX is kind of rare in this days, we still have some staff members around if things go ARGH!

😄

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

patorak3d ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 9:19 AM

i admit i haven't posted much.  i don't really have the time for Poser let a lone Renderosity. 

i've been busy trying to find a long lost friend in the UK.  i made her a promise 26 years ago and now i'm able to keep it.  

josterD ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 9:35 AM

HEre's what's wrong with Rendeosity forums. PEOPLE ARE AFRAID TO POST.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 10:00 AM

Quote - HEre's what's wrong with Rendeosity forums. PEOPLE ARE AFRAID TO POST.

No mate.  That's not the case.  As for your posts not being popular, I believe that's down to the content rather than who you are.  Seriously, some of them are rather... "naive" is the word which springs to mind, and an internet forum ain't the best place to get advice on some of the questions you ask.   Family and RL friends/associates are often best for some of your topics.

There's no requirement to stay on topic in here.  By the same token, there's no requirement for others to give you good, valid or even friendly advice.

My Store

My Gallery

stepson ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 10:00 AM

Thanks for the link RedPhantom, Oh goody! I'm always getting stuff, I think thats the best part, just finding it and getting it.  :)

Aha! So TrekkieGrrrl is the ringleader of the snape nappers. :) Are you keeping JenX comfy? Last I saw of Pengi was at rotica, he got a new job. :( odf is truely missing, I'm worried about him. But then he did just get married some while back so maybe they're enjoying the holidays together. uh umm or something like that. 😊

schlabber, I never met him, I think he was befor my time here.

Hi Bantha.  RUN everybody its a mod!!!  Just kidding, Bantha is my favorite mod he is such a nice guy. (is my nose turning brown?)

patorak! Hi Pat , I was just thinking about you earlier. Glad to see you. Thanks for stopping by and saying hello.  Hope you find your friend. Come back soon when you have the time, we need the old crew back. :)

josterD, there is no need to be afraid to post. I get into trouble from time to time here, but they haven't booted me yet. :)

KimberlyC ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 12:10 PM · edited Sun, 12 December 2010 at 12:12 PM

Quote - JenX has disappeared! A very mysterious disappearence, I think perhaps the snapes have got her. Nope not a peep in ages from JenX. The oceans boil and the sky rains fire, but JenX is nowhere in the shire. Shhh it's a secret.

I would never disagree with you, you are much too awsome a personage. :) I shall be very good.

Does anyone know what happened to Xenophonz? Or Penguinisto?

lol Santa's elves put her in the workshop. s

Dave-So ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 12:12 PM

RL has gotten a lot of us btb, so to  speak

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

KimberlyC ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 12:14 PM

Quote - HEre's what's wrong with Rendeosity forums. PEOPLE ARE AFRAID TO POST.

There is no need to afraid to post. :huh:

Dave-So ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 12:25 PM

Kimberly, you are so beautiful, you make my heart go thump thump.
whew...I've been afraid to say that for a long time :)

KimberlyC ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 12:29 PM

Quote - Kimberly, you are so beautiful, you make my heart go thump thump.
whew...I've been afraid to say that for a long time :)

S Well thank you. I feel this is being said because I'm a moderator..but you have made my day. :P

Dave-So ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 12:35 PM · edited Sun, 12 December 2010 at 12:38 PM

I need some points :)

You would be even if you weren't one of those mods. :thumbupboth:

basicwiz ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 12:35 PM

Posting in all forums everywhere is cyclical. New information/items of interest causes a flurry of activity, after which the level drops back down to just above background noise.

Here in Poserville we are at a point where all of the gut-wrenching discussions have been had, (to GC or not to GC... IDL vs IBL... 32 bit v 64 bit...) and everyone has decided what camp they are in. Now we are back to business as usual ("How do I...") with most of those questions being asked by the newbees.

The things that are generating comment now are of limited interest to some of us, so we're not posting in preference to making snide comments about those items. (And no... this is NOT a snide comment!)

I may not be saying much, but I tune in every day just in case. I think that is what the majority does.

KimberlyC ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 12:37 PM · edited Sun, 12 December 2010 at 12:39 PM

Quote - I need some points

:lol: Thought so.. :)

Dave-So ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 12:41 PM

i think you're on to something with this post.
I know I make comments just for something to say quite often...to shake the tree, or to try and be humerous. Usually I fail in all counts. :b_tonguewink:

and what's with the deal to try and get rid of the emoticon?
Now that would really slow down the forums.

Quote - Posting in all forums everywhere is cyclical. New information/items of interest causes a flurry of activity, after which the level drops back down to just above background noise.

Here in Poserville we are at a point where all of the gut-wrenching discussions have been had, (to GC or not to GC... IDL vs IBL... 32 bit v 64 bit...) and everyone has decided what camp they are in. Now we are back to business as usual ("How do I...") with most of those questions being asked by the newbees.

The things that are generating comment now are of limited interest to some of us, so we're not posting in preference to making snide comments about those items. (And no... this is NOT a snide comment!)

I may not be saying much, but I tune in every day just in case. I think that is what the majority does.

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 1:16 PM

Quote - Aww L You've missed me? =)

Love the avatar.  Merry Chrrrrstmas, Lisabeth! :biggrin:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 1:41 PM

I think you nailed it, basicwiz.

My Store

My Gallery

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 3:09 PM

is slow time of yr., as ment. abv.

maybe they could liven it up here by allowing more OT threads 🤣

momodot ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 3:53 PM

Why am I making this post? I have no idea.

Been here a long time... was once a place where people collaborated and "hacked" Poser... creating things like new rigging, hybrids, the very concept of Morph Injection etc.

Now Poser is not the DYI hobby scene it once was... it is a consumer after market. Everything has been monetized... Poser is used as a click-and-play construction system rather than an amazing ASCII file based platform.

With the innovation, collaboration, mentor-the-noob guts pulled out there isn't the comradeship in the community there once was. People buy Poser and within three months they want to become vendors suckered by the ellusive "I'll be able to quit my stupid day job" dream.

And for the renders... Poser used to be an engine for funky crude looking art that had a certain compulsive visionary quality but now the renders are prettier and slicker and rather than being a strange outsider folk art form Poser is a consumer Maya/Max Jr. whatever CGI machine.

The ability to make slick looking stuff is very seductive and the homey homely look of Poser 4 look is long forgotten along with the old community esprit de corps.

bnetta ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 4:01 PM

Quote - I think it wasn't as fun when they banned talking about offsite products like hey the so and so outfit is on sale at daz.

this and the no outside links posting has made many move away,

who wants to hang out somewhere where they can't even talk about and link there own sites?

back in 2006 this place rocked!! and many more helpful people hung out here.

www.oodlesdoodles.com

alexcoppo ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 4:29 PM

Quote - > Quote - HEre's what's wrong with Rendeosity forums. PEOPLE ARE AFRAID TO POST.

There is no need to afraid to post. :huh:

I have nearly completely stopped posting on Renderosity Vue forum because a group of trolls went after me whatever I wrote, without any action by moderators (I am mercifully pretending not to consider that in fact that mobbing might be... well... deliberately "overlooked"). As in nearly every case I was the one who gave information, the loser is almost totally the community, not me.

Are external links not allowed? I hope that mentioning the existence of something called "Vue" does not put me in danger of disciplinary actions... 50% of a forum worth is the possibility of exchanging information about other sites but well, I'll keep the good stuff for me, no problem :sneaky:.

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

patorak3d ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 4:54 PM

patorak! Hi Pat , I was just thinking about you earlier. Glad to see you. Thanks for stopping by and saying hello.  Hope you find your friend. Come back soon when you have the time, we need the old crew back. :)

Hi Stepson,  Thanks.  it may take awhile though.  i'm thinking of heading north through the West Midlands,  west through Staffordshire,  then south through the Cambria mountains.  Problem is money...i have to wait for the ground to thaw in my backyard before i can dig up my savings.

BTW can i ask you all living in the UK a question?  How's the steel producing industry doing over there?

MagnusGreel ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 5:16 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2763457

> Quote - > Quote - I think it wasn't as fun when they banned talking about offsite products like hey the so and so outfit is on sale at daz. > > this and the no outside links posting has made many move away, > > who wants to hang out somewhere where they can't even talk about and link there own sites? > > back in 2006 this place rocked!! and many more helpful people hung out here. > >  

have you read the post I've linked to?

Airport security is a burden we must all shoulder. Do your part, and please grope yourself in advance.

Dave-So ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 5:52 PM · edited Sun, 12 December 2010 at 5:54 PM

it appears from that post by JenX tha tits ok to mention other products, but not as advertisements.

Its good for the hobby to talk about cool stuff, and in fact, would lead to sales here as well if the new awesome product at another sight could be tied in with something here, which it often does.

Anything that furthers interest in Poser , from wherever, is a plus for all of us. Renderosity , is what, afraid some of the cash will leave their coffers? I tihnk by tightening down the forums, they would lose a whole lot more...like the "community" feeling, the comraderiere, as mentioned, and so forth. The less of that, people start leaving, which is obviously happening to a lot of the old faithful.

Oh... did I mention I think ryuslilangel is really beautiful...if that's really you. and if not, you are in the way you handle the forum as a mod.
(that's another point)

Suucat ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 5:57 PM · edited Sun, 12 December 2010 at 5:57 PM

I have a few years here, but i´m more a forum lurker than a poster.

Who finds a friend finds a treasure!

Cage ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 6:09 PM

Things have seemed slower for the past few months, to me.  :sad:  But not dead.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 7:16 PM

“I know I make comments just for something to say quite often...to shake the tree, or to try and be humorous. Usually I fail in all counts.”

Ditto ÷)

“And for the renders... Poser used to be an engine for funky crude looking art that had a certain compulsive visionary quality but now the renders are prettier and slicker and rather than being a strange outsider folk art form Poser is a consumer Maya/Max Jr. whatever CGI machine.

The ability to make slick looking stuff is very seductive and the homey homely look of Poser 4 look is long forgotten along with the old community esprit de corps.”

I’m not sure what the exact connection is if any, but I definitely agree. You can probably say the same about the internet in general or any phenomenon – it becomes a commodity and the nature of the community changes.

Poser is so much content driven that if people don’t have the new Barbie and accessories they may feel less inclined to participate, so the bad economy may play a role.

Sometimes a regular becomes involved in some unpleasantness and leaves or posts far less. Some people actually do seem to get over the Poser addiction, strange as it seems. Some get involved in real life (marriage, children etc.) and Poser recedes, while others manage to juggle both. I think Penguinisto mentioned getting a new job IIRC. There are a lot of folks who have disappeared over the past decade – Hauksdottir, and many others whose names I can’t recall.

At any rate, a happy peaceful holiday season to all of those still on the bus.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 7:33 PM

alex, don't stop posting in vue forum.  I don't use vue (which comes free on recent "3DWorld" dvd), as I heard the recent OS X versions might be problematic, but once one identifies the trolls in any forum, it's easy to ignore them.  they haven't implemented the "ignore" function in this forum software for oft-discussed reasons, but it's not really needed.  one can rely on one's own judgement in that regard IMVHO.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 7:58 PM

Quote - BTW can i ask you all living in the UK a question?  How's the steel producing industry doing over there?

Hi Pat.  Good to read you.

Not doing too bad, as worldwide industry goes.  There's been a huge reduction in manpower requirements, since most mills are now automated.  And of course, the recession has hit, too.  Sheffield - my home town - was the hub of the steel industry over here but it's now moved away from steel and is a much more diverse city.

If you were thinking of finding work in the steel industry here, I'd think again, unless you're a top flight metallurgist or some such.

My Store

My Gallery

kawecki ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 9:02 PM

Is something strange that the forums turned into a cementary?

Stupidity also evolves!

Dave-So ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 9:19 PM

what version of vue is on 3dworld and what issue?

patorak3d ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2010 at 1:06 PM

Hi Sam,  good to hear from you.  How are you and your family doing?

i tried working in a steel mill for a year and a half.  Things didn't pan out though.

Steel producing is the same here,  ArselorMittal has bought 3 mills and about shut two of 'em down.  The only non foreign mill left is US steel.  They're runnin' at 6% profit right now.  Rumor has it though that Mittal is looking to buy US steel.  It would be a real shame to see Drexel and Morgan's flagship go down like that.

Are they making steel in Gwent?

Speaking of the recession,  i'm surprised no holding company has stepped forward to rebuild regional economies in the west.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.