Sun, Oct 6, 2:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: How Brave are you?

RodsArt ( ) posted Thu, 09 December 2010 at 9:43 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 12:31 PM

file_462732.jpg

Can you reach way back to your newbie sphere weilding days and pull out some antique revelations from your early Bryce Attic?

This was amongst some of my first.

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

peedy ( ) posted Thu, 09 December 2010 at 10:13 AM

Lovely!

I wish I could pull out something, but after some PC crashes I have lost the very early ones.
BTW, my first Bryce wasn't a sphere.
It was a landscape. :-)

Corrie

Quest ( ) posted Thu, 09 December 2010 at 11:18 AM

I’ve gone the same way Corrie has. Those “masterpieces”…LOL…are long gone by way of many PC crashes.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Thu, 09 December 2010 at 5:57 PM

Mine too... Some are archived on an external HD that has long time since crashed as it is the way of all HDs... CDs are blanks now, thanks to some fool with a magnet and a pea for brain. The rest you can find them in my gallery here and somewhat in the ether space since 3D Commune shut down. :crying:

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 09 December 2010 at 9:50 PM

I still have a few moldy oldies. However, they're hardly masterpieces...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

calyxa ( ) posted Thu, 09 December 2010 at 11:17 PM

this is my first Bryce image ever, rendered on xmas 1995:

______________________________________________________________________________________

Check out my Elemental Hexagons deck, created with Photoshop, Bryce, MojoWorld, and Poser

peedy ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2010 at 12:01 AM

WOW, that's a lovely scene!

Corrie

ThunderStone ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2010 at 4:39 AM

Welcome back, calyxa... and Thank You for your tutorials. It really helped!

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

bobbystahr ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2010 at 9:53 AM · edited Fri, 10 December 2010 at 9:56 AM

this is the earliest I have vleft....sigh

Bryce 2 right after I bought it full price...broken..got no reply from MetaCreeps and then found the fix on Computer Arts along with the full app for free...almost drove me from Bryce 4 evah....but I came back when sane folks took over

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 12:54 PM

I'm still a newbie :) even anything new would not look as good as  your oldie :)

electroglyph ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 2:24 PM

file_462843.jpg

This is one of the earliest I can find. April 2002. Lot's of crashes wiped out the rest.

RobertJ ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2010 at 4:05 PM

file_462848.JPG

This is the earliest i could find, february the 5th 1999. And yes it was computer arts (with a huge bug in that release) that got me into Bryce.

The idea of using terrains for modelling came from having a book with illustrations from Masamune Shirow, in that he still used Bryce for some of his illustrations and he like to share that with his fans in how he made his illustrations.

It was then, it is now and it still will be in the future, 90% of the time you are watching/studying and 10% is used to make things :)

Robert van der Veeke Basugasubasubasu Basugasubakuhaku Gasubakuhakuhaku!! "Better is the enemy of good enough." Dr. Mikoyan of the Mikoyan Gurevich Design Bureau.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 9:25 AM

file_462881.jpg

I probably have backups of older stuff somewhere, but this is one of the earliest I can find.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

grafikeer ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2010 at 9:16 PM

file_462934.jpg

Hey...I was in the same spaceship modelling class LOL...my very first spaceship model from June '07!

grafikeer ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2010 at 9:18 PM

file_462936.jpg

...and this robot model(with Photoshop postwork) from same month and year!

grafikeer ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2010 at 9:21 PM

file_462938.jpg

...and one more from same year,not sure of exact month!

Quest ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2010 at 10:53 PM

Nice stuff guys, I'm totally enjoying these...keep em coming.

RodsArt ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2010 at 11:47 PM

That robot covered in underbrush is great!

___

peedy ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2010 at 11:57 PM

WOW, what a fantastic images!

Corrie

Paul Francis ( ) posted Sat, 18 December 2010 at 7:42 AM

I think this is the very earliest Bryce image I still have - it must date from no later than 1998, probably from 1997:

This is also an early piece from about the same time.  I got into the habit of re-rendering this set-up with each new version of Bryce as it came out.  This was with Bryce 3, maybe 1999?  I had to simulate soft shadows, as they were still not a feature of Bryce at the time!

Again from about 1997/1998; I had this printed as a poster, about 3 feet by 4 feet, and very clever I thought I was, too.  I imagined that, with the poster hanging up in my room, clearly visible to me, it was only a matter of time before the book and record publishers came knocking at my door to make me the next Chris Foss or Roger Dean....I'm still waiting, 13 years later...!

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"

RodsArt ( ) posted Sat, 18 December 2010 at 8:42 AM

I remember those, awesome stuff!

___

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.