Thu, Sep 19, 5:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: M3 and M4 Clothing and morph request

Boggy49 ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2010 at 3:37 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 5:20 PM

It would seem that everyone has fedish with woman clothing as see with the contributions.  Doesn;t anyone make male clothing?  There is a great need for more M3, M4 and Apollo clothing and character morphs.  So help us out you designers, please.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2010 at 3:51 PM

You might be wasting ur time...vendors say male clothing doesn't sell ;o). It's been discussed before.

Laurie

Boggy49 ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2010 at 4:02 PM

I'll make the request anyway.

saibabameuk ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2010 at 5:00 PM

Quote - You might be wasting ur time...vendors say male clothing doesn't sell ;o). It's been discussed before.

Laurie

What , does that mean unless Poser is used as titillation it has no merit? Sadly I am starting to believe you are correct.

What about womens liberation, must we always only see my wonderful women friends as page 2 girls.

Hey venders lets have lots of male & female clothing.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2010 at 5:31 PM

I'm not saying I don't want male clothing! LOL...I'm just saying that vendors have mentioned that they don't sell well ;o). Vicky rules and Mike drools I guess.

I think male clothes are worth merit...I probably own more clothes for Mike than most ppl...lol.

Laurie

basicwiz ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2010 at 10:09 PM

All we can do is vote with our dollars. I use both V4 and M4, but I guarantee I've spent $2.00 on Mike for every 1.00 on  Vicky. She only needs so many thongs and bras, and that's 90% of the offerings for her! (I've actually had to search out an obscure 5th party site that makes realistic clothes for V4 for the poor dear to have anything remotely realistic for the office or street wear!) The best way to make more M4 clothing appear is to buy everything you can use that's out there now!

Also... While the quality of it varies, a visit to Poserworld might fulfill your needs.

Niles ( ) posted Sat, 18 December 2010 at 6:18 PM

Quote - All we can do is vote with our dollars. I use both V4 and M4, but I guarantee I've spent $2.00 on Mike for every 1.00 on  Vicky. She only needs so many thongs and bras, and that's 90% of the offerings for her!

Yes, but Vicky 5  does not have any thongs or bras ...............yet.

Best bet for male clothes is to get :

WW or CrossDresser  with MorphClothes.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 18 December 2010 at 6:50 PM · edited Sat, 18 December 2010 at 6:51 PM

One of the problems with selling male clothing is Rosity's Three strikes and you OUT ppolicy. If something hasn't sold in. I think it's three months really.. then it's showed off the Marketplace...

And since vendors want to make stuff that SELLS and won't end up in the Bargage Bin before it has sold even a little.. well...

And that goes DOUBLE (or triple) for M3 stuff. NOBODY uses the 3'rd gen figures these days.. it's all Mike 4 /V4 and SHAME on you if you prefer one of the older iterations! You're SUPPOSED to lemming along with the crownd and get the newest version!!!

(I still mostly stick to my M3 Snape*) along with my D3 Harry - and I recently mande a Ron morph also for D3. Should I decide a Hermione it will be for SP3, too - they're the right SIZE! And I don't care if they're old. David beats even M3 hands down in bendability! He's just "too short" to fit any Vicky so I guess he's shunted into oblivion......)

*) for those who may not know, I'm a Harry Potter nerd... among other things L

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Sun, 19 December 2010 at 1:49 AM

T clothe your male and female figures decently for the office takes a lot of searching. However, I picked up some nice M3 clothing on sale at another site this week. Really cheap. Will it be advertising if I say where I got it?).

I think it is really sad that people are moving away from the generation 3 figures.. Cross-figure compatibility for textures, morphs and poses is much better for generation 3 than for generation 4. However, the generation 3 figures are considerably higher poly, unless you use the reduced resolution versions.

I am totally voting with my wallet. I recently bought the entire inventory of 52 V3 skins from a site that was selling them at a ridiculously low price, even though I was shocked that it was called a "going out of style" sale. The sale is still on, I believe. The great thing is, most of these skins will also work perfectly with Matt and Maddie, at least the versions without makeup.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

Boggy49 ( ) posted Sun, 19 December 2010 at 9:11 AM

So give out the sites.  I need M3 and M4 stuff.

BionicRooster ( ) posted Sun, 19 December 2010 at 11:12 AM
Forum Moderator

My next clothes projects are going to be male clothes, most likely for M4. What kind of things are you looking for? That will help me out in deciding what to make.

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Sun, 19 December 2010 at 12:00 PM

Baggy49, I sent you a site mail

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 19 December 2010 at 1:25 PM · edited Sun, 19 December 2010 at 1:38 PM

Quote - One of the problems with selling male clothing is Rosity's Three strikes and you OUT ppolicy. If something hasn't sold in. I think it's three months really.. then it's showed off the Marketplace... And since vendors want to make stuff that SELLS and won't end up in the Bargage Bin before it has sold even a little.. well...

I agree, I think that's an old policy from when disk space was a lot more limited than it is by today's standards.  I think it's time for Renderosity to relax that rule, since e.g. they have no similar expiry on aging free stuff listings even though they offer disk and bandwidth hosting for those.  In fact I think I'll start a thread on just that in the suggestion forum.

edit: thus

My Freebies

Niles ( ) posted Sun, 19 December 2010 at 1:50 PM

Quote - My next clothes projects are going to be male clothes, most likely for M4. What kind of things are you looking for? That will help me out in deciding what to make.

A little late but it would have been nice to have a Santa Suit for M4.

BionicRooster ( ) posted Sun, 19 December 2010 at 1:55 PM
Forum Moderator

Well, technically, if you can use dynamic clothes, I could whip one out in about a day, otherwise, a conforming one would be another story.

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

Boggy49 ( ) posted Sun, 19 December 2010 at 4:23 PM

I'm looking for western clothing, casual clothing, GI clothing.... anything.

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 19 December 2010 at 5:15 PM

Look at poserworld, they are fairly cheap.

Niles ( ) posted Sun, 19 December 2010 at 5:38 PM

Quote - Well, technically, if you can use dynamic clothes, I could whip one out in about a day, otherwise, a conforming one would be another story.

any Male clothing is good ... dynamic, conforming, or hybred. I like them all.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sun, 19 December 2010 at 6:00 PM

Casual clothing:

A good suit - Something like the Casablanca Suit for M3, A priest outfit, A boiler suit, a double breasted sports jacket, a turtleneck shirt, a button up sweater.  If conforming, enough morphs so we can actually use M4 characters that are in the marketplace.

BionicRooster ( ) posted Sun, 19 December 2010 at 6:09 PM
Forum Moderator

Well, for the most part, I prefer dynamic clothes. I only make conforming when absolutely necessary, and unfortunately, I don't really have any utility to add morphs to them either.

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 19 December 2010 at 6:43 PM

Have you tried Wardrobe Wizard? With that tool you only need one version of each clothing item. And the Poser 5 figures came with quite a lot of clothes.  Wardrobe Wizard is part of Poser as of Version 8. And the P5 (and other) figures are in the Legacy content pack.

And I'll second the tip about PoserWorld! Besst place for everyday clothing. And they do have some (old but still nice) western outfits, too.

There's also a nice western outfit for the G2 males. Sorta Lee van Cleef style :)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

BionicRooster ( ) posted Sun, 19 December 2010 at 7:52 PM
Forum Moderator

as soon as I have the money to spare, WW is at the top of my list

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

Niles ( ) posted Sun, 19 December 2010 at 8:55 PM

Quote - as soon as I have the money to spare, WW is at the top of my list

You should check out CrossDresser, you may like it better than WW.

http://www.evilinnocence.com/crossdresser

Latexluv ( ) posted Sun, 19 December 2010 at 9:37 PM

I have tried to cheer on the creation of male clothes since 1998. The various generations of Vickie have Neiman Marcus clothes and Michael has garage sale clothes.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 19 December 2010 at 9:39 PM

Please note, Wardrobe Wizard is now bundled with Poser 8/Poser Pro 2010.

My Freebies

BionicRooster ( ) posted Sun, 19 December 2010 at 9:47 PM
Forum Moderator

Well I've been trying to win a new Poser from image contests... Here's hoping the next one I enter is "the one" :o)

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

Believable3D ( ) posted Sun, 19 December 2010 at 11:16 PM

If it's everyday clothing you're after, there are a few things for both M4 and M3 on my list here:

http://www.believable3d.com/resources/everyday-clothing.php

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.