Sat, Aug 3, 7:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 02 3:21 pm)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Why no Marketplace-items like that (Vue) for Carrara, too?

Jedi_Padawan ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 6:13 PM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 6:41 AM

Sorry, I'm simply shocked. I've been at the gallery a few minutes ago and saw this image:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2145441&np

It's a complete scene (a wonderful one indeed!) made for Vue. And obviously there are many more available for Vue that one can buy (Cornucopia).

Why is there just so few stuff like that for Carrara? Yes, I know about HowieFarkes' scenes, but Howie is off to Vue, too! And yes, I know that I can build the scenes on my own - if I have the time (which I don't) and the muse and if I wouldn't be so lazy.

Is there so few interest in Carrara? Do I have to start with Vue too, only to be able to get all these wonderful stuff?

Sorry that I'm on a rant, but this really bothers me and perhaps you can enlighten me ;o)

~Sassy~

GKDantas ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 9:19 PM

The problem is to sell those kind of item for Carrara, I had a few items here at renderosity and almost sell nothing. Poser items sell like water, but Carrara are really lost here.

Other point could be the contact between others creator like this one, this scene could be ported to Carrara with a little work, but the real point is that almost all pro users that creat ethings like that really dont want to share or sell their creation. Vue is something like Poser, more like a render engine and not a modeler app, so people that use complete 3D package have a bad eyes when talking about "content" to sell... like pro app users talk about using Vic in Maya or other package.

Maybe if Renderosity open up a better place to sell Carrara items, maybe people get mor einterest in sell their creation...

Follow me at euQfiz Digital

Singular3D ( ) posted Wed, 22 December 2010 at 3:10 PM

In my opinion, a major issue is, how Daz takes care of Carrara. There's no clear roadmap and no one knows, where Carrara goes. Vue has been used and will be used in prime movie productions and thus is slowly becoming a major application for landscapes. Carrara mainly improved in being Daz content friendly. Atmosphere and cloud improvements are progressing slowly.

I honestly like Carrara and Howie showed us Carrara's potential. Nevertheless the community is quite small and I would have prefered, if Daz integrated Studio slowly into Carrara. This would have been a big push!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.