Fri, Sep 20, 4:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Moving objects by key strokes?

Michaelab ( ) posted Wed, 22 December 2010 at 9:11 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:54 AM

How do you nudge objects and props, by a keystroke up, down, left, right?

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 22 December 2010 at 9:27 PM

I use the parameter dials for moving things. I dont know of any keystrokes that do it . 

Michaelab ( ) posted Wed, 22 December 2010 at 9:35 PM

Parameter dials are so cumbersome. There are has to be some more elegant way to nugde things around.

Medzinatar ( ) posted Wed, 22 December 2010 at 9:44 PM

you can select the object, and then use transform tool of mouse while holding down shift key

pjz99 ( ) posted Wed, 22 December 2010 at 9:49 PM

You can turn the sensitivity for parameter dials to whatever you want (often I set it to 1% of its default value, for translation) and they stop being so cumbersome.  Double click the dial and change the Sensitivity value, e.g. if it's 1.0 make it 0.01.

My Freebies

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 22 December 2010 at 10:37 PM

Attached Link: Arrow-move

Here's a very old script that lets you move the selected actor (a prop, a camera, or a BODY of a figure) by using the arrow keys.  

I haven't tested it in Poser 8, but it's probably OK there.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Rance01 ( ) posted Thu, 23 December 2010 at 4:45 AM

Keys, at least in Version 7 and under, were used to move through a figure's hierarchy.  If the right shoulder were selected the down arrow is supposed to select the figures right forearm, the up area moves the selection to the figure's right collar.

Not sure this always works though and don't really know why.

I usually use the dials to translate/rotate and the drop down menus on the Parameter Dials menu to select body parts.  If the scene is not too complicated using the mouse sometimes to select body parts.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.