Sat, Sep 21, 4:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Need Rigging for Toon Woodpecker

Nyghtwolf ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2010 at 12:03 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:36 PM

Okay Noviski has given full permission....anyone who has any knowledge of rigging care to take a stab at this?  Would like it rigged for Poser use.

woodpecker

http://ShareCG.com/v/47033/view/3D-Model/Toon-Woodpecker

Noviski is the creator of this model and did a FANTASTIC job.  THANKS.

Now let's see if we can take it the rest of the way.

See Previous forum thread:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2809244

BionicRooster ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2010 at 12:40 AM
Forum Moderator

If I could get it in an OBJ then maybe I could do something with it. I can't open a .car :o(

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

BionicRooster ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2010 at 1:01 AM
Forum Moderator

Nevermind, I downloaded the trial of Carrara to load it and exported it as an obj. No harm no fowl... (sorry I couldn't resist) hehehe

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

Nyghtwolf ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2010 at 7:51 AM

I was wondering if "birds of a feather" might see this thread.  Thanks for taking on the task.

Paloth ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2010 at 8:39 AM

Hmm, maybe we're duplicating our efforts. I've already exported the model, assigned parts, created the hierarchy, placed the skeleton and have finished the head, neck, beak and eyes so far. Should I continue?

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

BionicRooster ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2010 at 11:21 AM
Forum Moderator

go ahead, you're farther along than I got last night before bed. I didn't know if anyone else was working on it.

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

Nyghtwolf ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2010 at 12:25 PM

Now now, no fighting, I don't want feathers flying....ahem...

Seriously, I'm so glad either of you you took up the challenge.  You all ROCK.

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2010 at 2:38 PM · edited Thu, 30 December 2010 at 2:40 PM

Quote - Now now, no fighting, I don't want feathers flying....ahem...

Seriously, I'm so glad either of you you took up the challenge.  You all ROCK.

Geez! Stop Hen pecking them!!

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Nyghtwolf ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2010 at 8:01 PM

Well the YOLK's on you....I respect these guys.  LMAO...oh this is getting so bad.  LOL

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2010 at 8:34 PM

Quote - Well the YOLK's on you....I respect these guys.  LMAO...oh this is getting so bad.  LOL

picks up a down pillow

You better duck!

Nyghtwolf ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2010 at 11:54 PM

Oh that was you.....I was feeling a little down in the mouth....but maybe I'm just a little *peck-ish.....*but it's late and I must *fly.....*see you all tomorrow.

How much longer can this go on before we start re-hashing our old comments?  LMAO

BionicRooster ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2010 at 12:34 AM
Forum Moderator

Will you all stop cackling like a bunch of old crows :oP

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

Nyghtwolf ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2010 at 8:48 AM

This post should be renamed the "Encyclopedia of Bird References". or something.

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2010 at 9:03 AM

Quote - This post should be renamed the "Encyclopedia of Bird References". or something.

It's a hoot!

Paloth ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2010 at 9:09 AM

file_463540.jpg

Well, I am beginning to understand the appeal of cartoon rigging. It is much quicker and more forgiving than attempts at realism. I've rigged the woodpecker and created morphs for the eyelids and eyebrows. Now, all that remains is to clean up the cr2, package the content and…hmm.  Is it really ok with the creator for me to post this at shareCG? I noticed the original package doesn’t have a readme and I'm not going to make one.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2010 at 9:18 AM

Quote - Well, I am beginning to understand the appeal of cartoon rigging. It is much quicker and more forgiving than attempts at realism. I've rigged the woodpecker and created morphs for the eyelids and eyebrows. Now, all that remains is to clean up the cr2, package the content and…hmm.  Is it really ok with the creator for me to post this at shareCG? I noticed the original package doesn’t have a readme and I'm not going to make one.

I sent Noviski a PM.

Personally, since he created the toon, I think the file should be uploaded to his section at ShareCG, with credit in the readme to you for having rigged it for Poser.

He's made other toons, great ones! I've been after him to put them in a store. Perhaps the 2 of you could discuss collaborating? He creates and you rig? 

Paloth ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2010 at 9:36 AM

I think it would make sense for me to send the file to Novishki.

I'm going to be taking a break from Poser rigging. This project was just a lark...

Nyghtwolf ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2010 at 4:12 PM · edited Fri, 31 December 2010 at 4:14 PM

I already messaged Noviski before I created this thread since him and I have been in contact since the start of the project.

"Also I want to ask your permission, is it okay if I work on getting someone to rig it for poser?  Then when they do, we can offer that as a freebie as well.  And maybe you two can team up if you ever want to create models for sale."

Reply:

"Hi, Nightwolf.

Feel free to do whatever you want. It's a gift for all community.

Thanks for your concern.

Best regards,

-Noviski-"

I'm one step ahead.  LOL, trouble is I trip a lot.

Also, I just thought of this, does the mouth open and close?  Never thought to ask before.....see I tripped.

Paloth ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2010 at 11:08 PM

I guess that means I could just post it at shareCG, billed as 'Novisk's Woodpecker For Poser.

The mouth opens and closes. I've rigged the tail feathers too. 

Nyghtwolf ( ) posted Fri, 31 December 2010 at 11:13 PM

Woohoo EVERYONE rocks.

Paloth ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 1:17 AM

I saw that shareCG wants to know that the upload is "my work" or that I "own the rights." I can't confirm this in good conscience.

If there is a way that I can forward the package to Nyghtwolf or Noviski, send me a site mail.

Nyghtwolf ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 2:48 PM
BionicRooster ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 2:55 PM
Forum Moderator

WooHoo! I wasn't the 1st to download it, but the 2nd! :o)

Thanks for this, kinda saved me the work there lol

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

Nyghtwolf ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 3:02 PM

Hmmmm Now I have an idea for a bionic rooster model.  LOL

BionicRooster ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 3:04 PM
Forum Moderator

Oh I've been pondering that one ever since I started modeling. If you have any design ideas, I'm definitely open for suggestions / designs. :o)

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

Nyghtwolf ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 3:48 PM

Foghorn Fully LoadedMy really horrible mish-mash of an idea.

BionicRooster ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 3:53 PM
Forum Moderator

HAHAHA!

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

noviski ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2011 at 10:50 PM

Hi, folks!

I was on vacations (10 days without touching a computer, THANKS GOD I'm back!!! LOL). 

I just read the Nyghtwolf's and Acadia's messages.  Good job for the Poser rigging! I like it! And I have more Toon models for you, stay tooned, or tuned...

BTW, Happy New Year! ;)

Nyghtwolf ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2011 at 10:58 PM

More models...............~GASP~.......~passes out~....... I think I'm in heaven.

BionicRooster ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2011 at 12:18 AM
Forum Moderator

How hard would it be to make me a cartoon rooster? I could make all the rest myself to complete my Bionic Rooster, but my attempts to make a rooster was less than acceptable to me.

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

noviski ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2011 at 8:47 AM

Just for your information, I've changed the restrictions of the Toon Woodpecker. Now it's a unrestricted use model.

Quote - How hard would it be to make me a cartoon rooster? I could make all the rest myself to complete my Bionic Rooster, but my attempts to make a rooster was less than acceptable to me.

In fact modeling a toon character it's not so hard in Carrara. The worst part is the UV mapping.

BionicRooster ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2011 at 9:31 AM
Forum Moderator

Ya know what, I would be fine with that. I can UV map and rig it myself. I would be very greatful for the model alone. If you want anything from me I am definitely up for bartering.

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.