Fri, Oct 4, 5:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: ok..I;m sure God used booleans,,,

erosiaart ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 12:41 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 5:24 PM
Quest ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 1:07 AM

Hay Rosie, do you realize you're the first one to post here in the new year? BTW, very interesting pics there.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 4:04 AM

Quest, and that would make you number 2 and me number 3 to post in here on this morn of a brand new year...

Rosie... interesting... Nver really thought about that... Well I must be off... Will come back in a few days... Happy New Year, everybody!!!

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 7:42 AM
Forum Moderator

Of course he did, Rosie, but for negative prims he used dark matter........

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 7:52 AM

Cool pictures.   I know God used a fractal generator.   So maybe he used booleans too. Maybe he used Bryce and that's why it took 6 days to render the universe.   Carrara would have taken a few hours.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

peedy ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 8:25 AM

Fantastic pics!

LOL @ drawbridge!
Pet peeve, eh???

Corrie

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 8:30 AM

My New Year's Resolution was to not bash Bryce.   That lasted 8 hours and 52 minutes.

My other resolution was to eat healthy, but I had a cinnamon roll for breakfast.  That resolution lasted 8 hours 24 minutes.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

peedy ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 8:35 AM

LOL!
That's why I never do resolutions! ;-D

erosiaart ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 8:55 AM

LOL.. trust you guys to make the first post of the year really fun.  Phil.. ahem.. follow this rule... your new year resolution is to not make resolutions.! :-p poor bryce.. you bashing it in less than 9 hours into the new year. At least.. you do have to be grateful for it letting you do some really good renders..  :tongue1:

I read that bit a few days ago about nature being full of fractals.. really interesting. but this boolean bit sort of hit me when I saw these pix. 

Chris.. hmm.. dark matter, eh? wonder if we could do that instead of negating. 

Quest.. yup..you the 2nd..and why were you on rendo so early after your ny?? I had come home from a party at 4, fell asleep at 5ish..woke up at 7ish..stoopid body clock... sat infront of my news feeds with bleary eyes.. (result of 3 large wine glasses only..), saw the pix..got hit on the head with a hammer.. by God..i think.. so i put the link up here. ran around sorting out the house .. and not sleeping tonite since flight timings delayed..arrival of my absolutely nutty family  delayed by two hours.. till..maybe 12 midnite. Can't sleep for fear I'll miss picking them up... and too tired to bryce.. 

And why is my font size changing???? 

IO4 ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 9:51 AM

Quote - Seriously... don't you think so after looking at these pix? 

Nah..I reckon he used the terrain lab - imported a snowflake image and used it to create them :biggrin:

Seriously though, great link, thanks for sharing it.

Beginners tutorials for Bryce

Bryce Arena

Ang25 ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 1:17 PM

Very cool pictures Rosie.

tom271 ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 4:50 PM

I always loved natures designs....    I made a resolutin to not ever make one and has lasted for years...  So has my weight and some character defects.... ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

electroglyph ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2011 at 11:05 AM

God must be the ultimate Brycer.

Just rendering the room I'm sitting in now with simple polygons would choke my machine's memory. The computer I'm typing on has a smooth monitor, but it still would take10-20gb just to model the surfaces. The dust on the screen is composed of thousands of pieces per square mm. It's made of skin, cat hair, and beautiful pollen grains much like your snowflakes. There are probably a few hundred million of these covering the entire monitor. Each individual sunburst of pollen contains the DNA to make it's parent plant fabricated out of millions of atoms. The atoms in turn a built of combinations of hundreds of different protons neutrons and electrons. All these are in turn made from different species of quarks. It's assumed that all electrons, neutrons, etc. are the same but I always wondered; We look at dust and see thousands of species. If we were on the scale of dust would we see thousands of species of electrons instead of one?

Say you wanted to model an object in a version of Uber Bryce from the atoms up. It would probably take all the memory in all the computers on the planet. It would take every programmer on earth their entire lifetime just to build the monitor on my desk. Now compare the 1 cubic foot my monitor takes up by the 14billion years at the speed of light hubble has been able to see out into the universe. The numbers get so big you could start typing 1, 000, 000, 000, 000, ..... from now till you die and still never reach it.

How many different snowflakes are there? How many grains of sand?  I could spend my whole life trying to form the thought and still fall short. Eventually reason has to step out and faith step in.

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2011 at 4:57 PM

Fascinating, I love how the big blocky one looks like something off a bridge that's been underwater for years and coral has been growing on it, but there's no light down there to photograph it in anything but Black N White....

To me the rest just look like partially melted ice-cream. Lol!

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

Cyba_Storm ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2011 at 9:38 PM

Of course God used booleens, and is a Brycer. That is why we call Bryce's number one champion in here THE CARDINAL.

That should keep me out of the Comfy chair until .... January 5????

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2011 at 5:32 AM
Forum Moderator

:lol:

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

skiwillgee ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2011 at 9:40 AM

God uses Bryce?   If he does he has the sky lab nailed down pat.

erosiaart ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2011 at 11:29 PM

did he ever think of a faster render time and no crashes though? :-p

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2011 at 5:12 PM

I think it's still rendering... it's certainly not finished yet.

Say, take a look out of the window some time and lets all see who's first to spot the render line... :laugh:

by the shade it casts.

Fran's Freestuff

tom271 ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2011 at 5:33 PM

It's an on going WIP....   I wonder if we all are going to be in the next render to come..?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

skiwillgee ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2011 at 9:47 PM · edited Sun, 09 January 2011 at 9:47 PM

lol @ Fran.  I always thought those were contrails from jets. hmmmm

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 10 January 2011 at 6:00 AM
Forum Moderator

Isn't the render line what we call the horizon?

UVDan ( ) posted Mon, 10 January 2011 at 4:59 PM
Forum Moderator

Awesome snowflakes.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Mon, 10 January 2011 at 7:25 PM

Quote - Isn't the render line what we call the horizon?

That's it!  I knew someone would be able to see it, trust the true Bryster.

by the shade it casts.

Fran's Freestuff

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2011 at 9:18 AM
Forum Moderator

:lol:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.