Tue, Oct 22, 12:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Python Scripting

Welcome to the Poser Python Scripting Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Python Scripting F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 2:50 am)

We now have a ProPack Section in the Poser FreeStuff.
Check out the new Poser Python Wish List thread. If you have an idea for a script, jot it down and maybe someone can write it. If you're looking to write a script, check out this thread for useful suggestions.

Also, check out the official Python site for interpreters, sample code, applications, cool links and debuggers. This is THE central site for Python.

You can now attach text files to your posts to pass around scripts. Just attach the script as a txt file like you would a jpg or gif. Since the forum will use a random name for the file in the link, you should give instructions on what the file name should be and where to install it. Its a good idea to usually put that info right in the script file as well.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Python for Poser 8

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 7:28 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 10:38 PM

I'm in the process of updating my Python for Poser Manual for Poser 8. Pretty much done since there are only really a few extra methods to consider. There is however now wxPython so I am adding new pages to cover that. I'm including a number of scripts to illustrate its use, my questions are:-

Are there any particular aspects of wxPython that folks would need explained?

Are there any example scripts that you would like to see included?

markschum ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 11:59 AM

perhaps some comments on wx vs tkinter and Poser version issues .

vholf ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 12:37 PM

Thanks for doing that Phil.

I'd like see some samples of wxPython windows either on the manual or as sample scripts which includes the most common widgets being used, along with stuff like sizers and such. It could be one big window including all of this for someone to open up, take a look and learn by just inspecting the code.

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 1:34 PM

One thing you could do is to get the wxPython demos working in Poser and include them with the revised edition.
That should provide a rich source of examples of how to do various wxWidgets and wxPython things.

papillon68 ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2011 at 4:38 PM

One thing I really would like is a tutorial on having a wxOpengl widget with Poser, with instructions on how to get feedback from the widget to main Poser interface, and back.

visit my blog:  www.alessandromastronardi.com

My Rendo Store

nruddock ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2011 at 5:18 PM

Quote - One thing I really would like is a tutorial on having a wxOpengl widget with Poser, with instructions on how to get feedback from the widget to main Poser interface, and back.

While you can do OpenGL stuff with wxPython in Poser, doing so requires the installation of several modules and isn't something that many people would (or should) be doing. Not to mention that having to cover the OpenGL concepts required would expand the manual enormously.

Unless SM introduces official hooks into the display pipeline, interactions with the main canvas are going to be suboptimal at best due to the need to effectively neutralise the double buffering.

Ref -> http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2779965

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.