Sun, Oct 6, 2:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: New Bryce 7 pro version 7.1.0.74 crashes like a drunk pilot!

Vile ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2011 at 6:27 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 11:22 PM

I just keep re-installing and try something new

CRASH

Add some old materials

CRASH

Don't add anything render a Pro7 file

CRASH

Anyone else having problems? I am back on the first iteration and have submitted a trouble ticket but shesh the first version was less buggy for me...

tom271 ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2011 at 6:34 PM

Did not have this problem....  could it be you need a graphics card software update..?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IO4 ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2011 at 12:40 AM

Best to file a bug report - I know that doesn't help you right now, but the more people file them the more likely bugs are to be fixed, and you might not be the only person experiencing the problem.

Beginners tutorials for Bryce

Bryce Arena

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2011 at 12:45 AM

I (and others) have had a problem importing 2D textures into the Pictures Lab. The bug has been reported. It causes the program to crash consistently and I've had to go back to a previous, workable version as well. I'm on a Intel, iMac.

clay ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2011 at 2:37 PM

DG that is a bug with the pict lab I believe it has been resolved now.

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2011 at 4:51 PM · edited Wed, 05 January 2011 at 4:53 PM

Quote - DG that is a bug with the pict lab I believe it has been resolved now.

Nope. Not in B7 Pro 7.1.0.74. If you check the Bryce bug list, reports of this issue are still coming in. Specifically, when attempting to load a 2D image into the Picture Lab, what actually loads is a blue version of the image. Obviously not usable. Same for loading images into the alpha channel. Then, exiting the Lab crashes the program.

clay ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2011 at 5:12 PM

No I meant its fixed for next release or a patch when they get some other issues done.

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2011 at 5:18 PM

Good to know. Thanks, Clay.

Vile ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2011 at 6:02 PM

Yeah I am going to try a blank install and just goof around a bit create some new files and re-render some old and see what happens!

clay ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2011 at 6:12 PM

Vile everything, atleast on the mac side, is the most stable ever, opens legacy files all the way back to v.4, course there still bugs, like I said before software is always a work in progress LOL!! But email me if you want to try out a few issues specifically that seem to make your system crash and I'll see if I can replicate and email you some Bryce files etc.

Vile ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2011 at 6:37 PM

Hmmmm I am usually pretty current on my drivers. But I will give it a look.

beelzebulb ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2011 at 11:38 AM

Something I notice with the new release is that if you import an obj or 3ds and save it in your user models it seems to hang the program for up to 3 minutes. Of course I also notice that the model seems to load better i.e no more "missing object" message which was really aggravating:) Maybe its a fix??:)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.