Sun, Oct 6, 7:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: OT - Is Poser more popular in Japan than here?

jerr3d ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2011 at 7:12 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 5:21 AM

For example, isn't Terai Yuki like a AV idol in Japan?  Here you might see P5 Jessi doing sit-ups in a third-rate infomercial.

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2011 at 7:16 PM · edited Wed, 05 January 2011 at 7:17 PM

Well, Jessi would be P6 (Judy is P5) and that's an interesting question. Maybe someone in the know could fill us in? ;o). I have seen Poser figures in a lot of the forensics shows I seem to be addicted to...lol.

Laurie

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2011 at 9:10 PM
Site Admin

Where's here?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

R_Hatch ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2011 at 2:54 AM

Yuki Terai was already popular in Japan for quite a while before Ken-Ichi Kutsugi gave permission for her her to be converted to Poser format.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2011 at 3:48 AM

” Is Poser more popular in Japan than here?”

Possibly, Assuming that here is the US of A. There certainly seem to be more Poser related sites in Japan than any other ‘foreign’ country. Maybe its partly because animation, cartoons, what we would call comics, dolls etc. seem to be more popular and acceptable as an interest for adults in Japan. Check out this article and then imagine Holiday Inn inundated with Vickies and their fans ÷)

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20015133-1.html

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

mackis3D ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2011 at 7:43 AM

Quote - For example, isn't Terai Yuki like a AV idol in Japan?  Here you might see P5 Jessi doing sit-ups in a third-rate infomercial.

HERE is where? Renderosity?

jerr3d ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2011 at 8:20 AM

Perhaps I should have made the topic title "Is Poser more popular in Japan than anywhere else?"

efron_241 ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2011 at 6:16 PM

I think Poser is extremely popular overhere...

in adds, on TV, on billboards.. the creative agencies clearly found it a year or 2 ago.. and make the most fantastic things with it..

more and more Dutch Poser users here too..

ashley9803 ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2011 at 10:39 PM

I'm not sure about Poser (sadly PoserClub seems to be gone), but Shade is very popular in Japan, probably because it started there. If you walk around software retailers in Tokyo, you won't always find Poser for sale, but you'll always see Shade.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 4:55 AM

I never bought any Poser content from a Japanese site.  I have browsed them though using a translator.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.