Thu, Sep 19, 3:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: Your Favourite Poser Figure

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 6:39 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:34 PM

If you had to pick a single Poser Figure as your favourite, which would it be?

Figure = the base product that you apply your morphs/textures to.  Examples are V3, V4, A3, A4, SP3, M4, Emoti guy, Millennium Cat, Millennium Dragon, Jessi, Judy etc etc etc.

Remember, you can only pick ONE!!!

For me, it's still V3. I use V4 a great deal, but my all time favourite is V3. I know she has joint issues, but I think out of all of the figures, she has the most realistic base body type for a woman.

So which one is yours?

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 6:42 AM

:blushing: V4, but only for her expressions. Well, mostly. Some of the reason, anyway. Okay, I really like Morphs++.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

kyhighlander59 ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 7:24 AM

The Troll

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 7:30 AM · edited Fri, 07 January 2011 at 7:31 AM

Aiko 3 "Realistic" ;o) I tried to like the version 4s, but Vicky especially is just alien-looking. Mike 4's okay I guess. Too beefy though. I like my men thin and weak...lol.

Laurie

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 7:37 AM

V3

Plutom ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 7:55 AM

The new shiney ones!  Jan

dlfurman ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 9:51 AM

I have been working with V4 of late, but.....Victoria 3!

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 10:12 AM · edited Fri, 07 January 2011 at 10:17 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

My favourite figure is Antonia Polygon by odf. Antonia bends better than any other figure I have used, is free, and there is a very nice free texture set for her by Saint Fox. On the down side there is not much content available for her as yet in terms of hair clothing and accessories. Antonia is still in development, but nearing completion, so I am expecting much more supporting content when she is finished. In the mean time there is some stuff at Antonia's Free Site.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 10:25 AM

James.

great "Average Guy" figure.

I use him while I'm building rooms etc since the base James with the tee and jeans looks right in a room like a bathroom or a library,  rather than some unearthly fashion model wearing metal lingerie and holding a sword....  

Kalypso ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 10:35 AM
Site Admin

Although I use V4/M4 a lot and have also used older figures for projects such as M2 with excellent results, my favourite these days is Terai Yuki 2 as remapped by David Hoadley to accept V3 textures and with Capsces morphs.

She is refreshingly different enough from most of my other characters.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 11:33 AM

Quote - Although I use V4/M4 a lot and have also used older figures for projects such as M2 with excellent results, my favourite these days is Terai Yuki 2 as remapped by David Hoadley to accept V3 textures and with Capsces morphs.

Wow...she's really cute. Probably one of the few figures in Poserdom I don't have...lol.

Laurie

adroge ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 11:34 AM

I also think TY2 is my favorite, but i never knew there was a remap to accept V3 textures. I'll have to pick that up.

Quote - Although I use V4/M4 a lot and have also used older figures for projects such as M2 with excellent results, my favourite these days is Terai Yuki 2 as remapped by David Hoadley to accept V3 textures and with Capsces morphs.

cbuchner1 ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 11:42 AM · edited Fri, 07 January 2011 at 11:43 AM

I am a Miki3 guy. When she fails to bend i'll use some hammer and chisel.

Cariad ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 12:08 PM

While I use V4 and M4 most often, my favourite is probably still Sara.  Still free and at one point there was a fair bit of support for her.  And with the crossdresser license for her being free it makes dressing her easy.

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 12:43 PM

Aiko 3 realistic

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

Mark@poser ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 12:43 PM

file_463768.jpg

I'm pretty happy with V4's face now. I was initially disappointed that there were so few morphs for it, but that just forced me to learn to make my own. You might have to click the image to see them better.

Thanks

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 1:46 PM · edited Fri, 07 January 2011 at 1:47 PM

Wow Mark! Your faces are really great! Probably the best I've seen yet ;o). I especially like #1. You're one of the few that realize real people actually have noses....lol. A friend of mine recently described some of the "small nose" V4 characters as "Voldymorphs"...lmao.

Do you sell them? I'd actually buy those ;o).

Laurie

patorak3d ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 1:57 PM

Wow Mark! Your faces are really great! Probably the best I've seen yet ;o). I especially like #1

i agree...

You know,  i just had a feeling of deja-vu...#1 reminds me of someone...

saibabameuk ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 2:09 PM

file_463769.jpg

James, will do.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 3:22 PM

Quote - Wow Mark! Your faces are really great! Probably the best I've seen yet ;o). I especially like #1. You're one of the few that realize real people actually have noses....lol. A friend of mine recently described some of the "small nose" V4 characters as "Voldymorphs"...lmao.

Do you sell them? I'd actually buy those ;o).

Laurie

Second the motion on buying them!!! They're about the best I've seen. Not done with dials, then, are they?

Metaphor of Chooks

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 3:24 PM

I can get over how pretty she is. I have TY2... what or who is Capsces??

Metaphor of Chooks

scanmead ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 3:52 PM

Still V3, although V4 characters are getting better. 

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 3:55 PM

file_463771.jpg

I am a little different than most. Since I didn't get into Poser until Poser 8, I am partial to the characters that come with it. Sydney is my favorite there, even though there is very little for her by way of clothing and other props. I got Blender so I could make my own clothing and stuff for her, which I will be putting out as freebies once I get the hang of making them.

I also like Alyson when I use 3dream faces on her.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 5:23 PM

Quote - I'm pretty happy with V4's face now. I was initially disappointed that there were so few morphs for it, but that just forced me to learn to make my own. You might have to click the image to see them better.

Thanks

I too am impressed with those faces.  I'm hard pressed to say which I like the most, but I have to go with #3 because of the jaw: It's strong, but still feminine. I also like #1.  #2 looks a little like Keira Knightley.

Excellent work!

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

bopperthijs ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 7:08 PM

V4 is still (!) my favourite. Especially the face morphs, inspite of earlier arguments, I think there are enough morphs to make the face very versatile and change her in any face you  want, and if you miss something you  can always use Zbrush or any of sculpting tool to add new morphs, including Poser's own morph brush. The only problem I have is with some bending poses, but at the moment there is only one posermodel that has satisfactional bending, and that is Anthonia, but she lacks the facial morphs V4 has ( untill now, ODF is very busy to change that)

But said that, my favourite poser model is very temporal, at the moment a better model occurs, I'll drop the old one.

best regards,

Bopper.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

jerr3d ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 7:40 PM

file_463782.gif

Not the most realistic, not the most 2nd party support, not the most popular, but certainly the most fun to work with...for me anyway.  Anime Doll.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 8:24 PM

M4

Faery_Light ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 9:06 PM

file_463783.jpg

Antonia Polygon by odf, soon to be released.

I love the way she bends and she is great to texture.

the texture and face morph here is by me.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 10:08 PM · edited Fri, 07 January 2011 at 10:09 PM

Reminds me I've gotta make Antonia some clothes and shoes...lol. Two images posted and she's nekkid in both of em ;o).

Laurie

Faery_Light ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 10:16 PM

Poor girl, she hasn't a thing to wear. :)

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 10:57 PM · edited Fri, 07 January 2011 at 10:59 PM

Gotta make something for her - this would force me to learn rigging. Not that Obj2Cr2 couldn't handle it, but there would be a few more hoops to jump through. Might as well get the head around the real deal... something for me to play in brand-spankin' new Blender 2.56a 64-bit. :biggrin:

Metaphor of Chooks

SteveJax ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2011 at 12:23 AM

I still prefer P6 James.

basicwiz ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2011 at 3:09 AM

D3

Suucat ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2011 at 4:18 AM

NearMe is my favorite ^^

Who finds a friend finds a treasure!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2011 at 6:16 AM

Attached Link: My NSD

This one.  Free, doesn't need clothes or extra morph packs.  :)

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

TheOwl ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2011 at 3:32 PM

I have Aiko 3 and I am not aware of Aiko 3 REALISTIC. Where can I find that realistic thingy?

Passion is anger and love combined. So if it looks angry, give it some love!

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2011 at 4:00 PM · edited Sat, 08 January 2011 at 4:01 PM

Quote - I have Aiko 3 and I am not aware of Aiko 3 REALISTIC. Where can I find that realistic thingy?

Aiko 3 Realistic is one of Aiko's morphs. She loads with that toony look, but the realistic morphs are in each body part and a fbm IIRC.

Laurie

Plutom ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2011 at 4:48 PM

Quote - > Quote - I have Aiko 3 and I am not aware of Aiko 3 REALISTIC. Where can I find that realistic thingy?

Aiko 3 Realistic is one of Aiko's morphs. She loads with that toony look, but the realistic morphs are in each body part and a fbm IIRC.

Laurie

You betcha, and don't forget the V3, V4 morph ++ that can be used on each respectively.  Jan

Cage ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2011 at 4:51 PM

Antonia for me, too.  :thumbupboth:

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

vholf ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2011 at 7:00 PM

V4 is great, but V3 holds a special place in my runtime, we shared so many renders... :) I learned all about Poser with her.

jecnodde ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2011 at 5:54 AM

If I'm allowed to pick a non- human; Heavy horse by Bloodsong. Love that horse to death.

But if I is only allowed to pick a human figure, then its A3.

Dale B ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2011 at 7:48 AM

Quote - > Quote - Although I use V4/M4 a lot and have also used older figures for projects such as M2 with excellent results, my favourite these days is Terai Yuki 2 as remapped by David Hoadley to accept V3 textures and with Capsces morphs.

I can get over how pretty she is. I have TY2... what or who is Capsces??

Capsces is a morph maker supreme. Hangs out at RDNA, last time I checked, and has done morph packs for many of the base characters out there.

TheOwl ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2011 at 1:43 PM

I like girls who are skinny.

Before you throw stones at me, let me explain.

There is this Athena 2.0 before who fits my taste for skinny women. She is so skinny that she is lighter than a Posette so she is perfect as a woman in my background while I play with my Victoria 4.

Unfortunately I think she is long gone for those who want her. The site is no more. What's left I think are her cousins which are now found in bvh3d.

Passion is anger and love combined. So if it looks angry, give it some love!

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2011 at 2:09 PM · edited Sun, 09 January 2011 at 2:20 PM

Wait...I think BVH opened a new site. I'll see if I can find it...;o)

Laurie

edit: oh, I found what you found...lol. Have you tried webarchive?

Cyberwoman ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2011 at 10:25 PM

Sydney G2, hands down. It's just a shame that so little is made for her:(

~*I've made it my mission to build Cyberworld, one polygon at a time*~

Watch it happen at my technology blog, Building Cyberworld.

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2011 at 11:25 PM

Sara, AFAICT, is no longer free (bummer, I'm loading up P8, and there's beaucoup things no longer available...all the BVH Swat gear, for example...;)

I tend to use V3 a lot more than usual...V4, not so much...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Elfwine ( ) posted Mon, 10 January 2011 at 12:13 AM · edited Mon, 10 January 2011 at 12:15 AM

file_463858.jpg

Hiro3

I like the anime and realistic morphs. Adzan did such an incredible job of making lots of new clothes for him, that even Hercules would be proud!

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!  ; )

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 10 January 2011 at 3:17 AM
jenay ( ) posted Mon, 10 January 2011 at 5:10 AM

I still prefer V3 over V4 - although I've got some very decent V4 characters by Illusions-Designs.

MarlisHeers ( ) posted Mon, 10 January 2011 at 5:40 AM

Base V4.2 with GND4 Athl. from Blackhearted.

edgeverse ( ) posted Mon, 10 January 2011 at 6:36 PM

My favorites are Poser6's Jessi and James.

TY

Poser7's Simon and Syndey as well as the ret of the G2 people.

(James G2, etc)

M3 and V3.

I use the aforementioned figures when I am building props. Like Kaibach, I dont need a fantasy figure to do this stuff.

3D Digital Comics & Art/My homepage
http://www.edgeversemedia.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.