Sun, Oct 6, 5:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: BC2010 Carrara Animation = Amazing!

AgentSmith ( ) posted Tue, 21 December 2010 at 4:00 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 12:28 PM

file_463146.jpg

"Then, using Carrara Pro for modeling, animation and rendering; Syntheyes for matchmoving; After Effects for compositing and motion graphics; and Final Cut Pro HD to stitch everything together, it was complete."

This animation is just plain cool, trust me, just go watch it.

AS

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

thomllama ( ) posted Tue, 21 December 2010 at 4:11 PM

that was cool, might get me inspired again !!!

Hexagon, Carrara, Sculptris, and recently Sketchup. 

tom271 ( ) posted Tue, 21 December 2010 at 4:26 PM

really nicely done...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Tue, 21 December 2010 at 5:03 PM

Hi AS, nice to see you around. It figures you'd track this one down.  Thanks for the link.

Mark

GKDantas ( ) posted Tue, 21 December 2010 at 5:35 PM

I am doing an interview with BC2010 for CarraraLounge.com and Daz3D in a few days, so stay tunned.

Follow me at euQfiz Digital

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Tue, 21 December 2010 at 5:41 PM

Here are some more of his work with Carrara: http://vimeo.com/user4301838/videos

Xerxes0002 ( ) posted Tue, 21 December 2010 at 6:03 PM

Thanks for posting.. fantastic

drawbridgep ( ) posted Wed, 22 December 2010 at 9:21 AM

Carrara rocks my world.  

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

mmoir ( ) posted Wed, 22 December 2010 at 7:19 PM

Great looking short film. This is definitely a nice thing to see for carrara.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 22 December 2010 at 8:18 PM

I liked the film. other than the pilot, girl and little boy, I couldn't tell if the others were live actors.  author said he had no money, but the list of software and hardware must have set him back $$,$$$.

Antaran ( ) posted Wed, 22 December 2010 at 8:31 PM · edited Wed, 22 December 2010 at 8:33 PM

I think what he meant was that he did not spend money on this project in particular. They used the reasources already available to them. He clearly already had all the software, and probably most of the hardware, and could borrow what he didn't have from friends.

I recently participated in a video project which also was done mostly with the stuff that was already available to the participants and participants' friends. As a person who was doing art direction for it, I had to buy some props and materials, but it was peanuts comared to what the project would've cost if we had to buy all of the stuff we used.

Edit: Oh, amazing short! Thank you for posting it here! (I thought I already said it, so didn't add it in the original response)

50parsecs ( ) posted Thu, 23 December 2010 at 2:14 AM

Truly amazing work, and I enjoyed the second, related "Behind the Scenes" video. I definitely feel more inspired when I know something that looks this good can be done in large part through my favorite, and not terribly expensive 3D suite. I'm very much looking forward to reading your interview with the artist GK. Cheers AgentSmith!

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Wed, 29 December 2010 at 4:38 AM

I always tell my wife, I wish that I could render a single frame of a render that look as good as something from a Pixar movie.

Now I'm going to say I wish I could render a single frame of a render that looks as good as what this guy does.

Daz should contact this guy and showcase this work.

He seems to have the talent/knowledge to push the renders to that next level.

GKDantas ( ) posted Wed, 29 December 2010 at 5:49 AM

They will!

Follow me at euQfiz Digital

UVDan ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2010 at 1:33 AM
Forum Moderator

Wooohooo!

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

restif ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2011 at 11:32 PM

Amazing, inspiring, and just awesome!

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Mon, 17 January 2011 at 1:19 PM

I saw this a few days ago.  Truly a fantastic piece of work.  Nice to see someone pushing the envelope with Carrara.

Tugpsx ( ) posted Wed, 19 January 2011 at 1:06 PM

Awesome, work. Thanks for sharing. (runs off to study more Carrara goodness)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.