Sun, Oct 6, 5:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: WIP Star Destroyer 2011

Kixum ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2011 at 9:27 AM · edited Thu, 26 September 2024 at 4:19 AM

file_463595.jpg

As some of you may and may not know, it's my standard Christmas holiday tradition to bash out some big model.  This year is the year for a new Star Destroyer!

Dang let me tell you, I think I've bitten off more than I can chew.  This is the fifth day I've been working on this thing and I've finally gotten to a point where I think I can post something.

I'm to a point now where I have made at least one version of all the parts and all the shaders.  So now, I'm down to adjustments and balance of the model.  I do have some parts to build but not a lot (or to put it another way, I'm getting tired).  There are about 1 zillion little parts on this critter for greebling (a true nightmare).  I added lit windows today and I need to remove about half of them (too many).

Anyway, when I'm done, I'll post the a synopsis of the development of this beasty.  I only have three more days of vacation so there will be a true end by default.

-Kix

GKDantas ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2011 at 9:43 AM

Looking very good!

Follow me at euQfiz Digital

Antaran ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2011 at 10:56 AM

Wow! If those are parts (as opposed to transparency and alpha maps), this is one huge and complex model. I wonder what the poly count looks like :) Regardless of whether the parts are modeled or textured, it looks absolutely amazing already, which is the thing that really counts. Great job!

tom271 ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2011 at 11:37 AM

Amazing detailed work....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

50parsecs ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2011 at 1:05 PM

Quite a stupendous model there Kix! Great work!

Danas_Anis ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2011 at 1:49 PM

you could consider submitting it to C3DE, 

Kixum ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2011 at 9:57 AM

I have some more work to do on this beasty but when it's done I will consider it.

-Kix

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Mon, 17 January 2011 at 1:23 PM · edited Mon, 17 January 2011 at 1:31 PM

Really a fantastic piece of work.  I would be greatly interested in your synopsis when you are finished.

(ooops, found the synopsis in a separate post. Great!)

UVDan ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2011 at 1:20 AM
Forum Moderator

Fantastic.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.