Tue, Oct 1, 9:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: any soft body physics?

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 17 January 2011 at 8:33 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 9:25 PM

hi, just wandering by....

For animation inside poser:

any tricks to achieve soft body physics in Poser?

like if a ball rolls down hill and slams into a wall, not only does the ball rebound per gravity and hard physics, but the ball also deforms, then reassumes shape?

Besides a way to get there now, is there any hint, promise, inevitablity or evidence that it is coming in a new release of Poser soon?

Thanks to anyone who can shed light on this.

::::: Opera :::::

durf ( ) posted Mon, 17 January 2011 at 9:44 PM

hope in poser 9 and finally can start animate

kyhighlander59 ( ) posted Mon, 17 January 2011 at 10:03 PM

there used to be a python script called jiggle that made a walk on a nude look really natural.

Cage ( ) posted Mon, 17 January 2011 at 11:03 PM

There's ockham's Jiggles script, as mentioned above.  There's a script called "Jello Magnets" buried somewhere in the Python Forum archives, but I'm not sure how developed it ended up being.  There are a few utilities in the marketplace, which all seem to be focused on soft body dynamics for breasts.

As far as I know there's been no hint whatsoever that we should hope for soft body (or any other new) dynamics in any future version of Poser.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2011 at 12:27 AM

thanks for the leads, i have jiggles

it's the dynamics of gravity vs soft body, yes, but moreover the collision and realistic reaction when bodies collide.

I'm going to look for that jello magnets thing.

thanks

DarrenUK ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2011 at 5:46 AM

Found 2 threads dealing with the Jello Magnets from 2005:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2119103 and

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2214491

Both contain a link to the zip file with the script in. Will have to see how well it works when I have more time.

Daz Studio 4.8 and 4.9beta, Blender 2.78, Sketchup, Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev SR5 on Windows 8 Pro x64. Poser Display Units are inches

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2011 at 7:06 AM

that is a great looking example movie. It's "Advanced Jiggles" per Ockam.

I did not attempt to use the script, but I am sure it is effective.

I wonder if there is a way to bring collision detection into play? Have the two jellos intersect and bounce off each other, with Jiggle All The Way?

durf ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2011 at 9:29 AM

that's a function that i need too

collision detection between jiggle deforming objects, props...

why poser is poor programmed :(

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2011 at 9:34 AM

Poser is not poorly programed. it does a tremendous job for what it is.

soft body physics including collision is an advanced feature. you would not normally expect it in a program on the level of Poser.

before I go to blender because i need it I am just checking in hopes there might be a solution in Poser.

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2011 at 9:38 AM

can the python script for Jello Magnets be combined with a simulation in the cloth room? One might 'clothify' the two objects - or a cloth-mesh draped around them -- and apply collision detection

icprncss2 ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2011 at 1:26 PM
operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2011 at 1:41 PM

icprncss2 thank you for responding.

yes i have looked into Poser Physics once before. It has ragdoll with Bounce and Density for figures and normal physics with props.

that is all well and good but if you need softbody with deformation on collision, with reaction, Poser Physics cannot get you there.

nruddock ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2011 at 1:44 PM

Quote - Take a look at Poser Physics http://www.contentparadise.com/productdetails.aspx?id=527

That only does hard body / ragdoll simulations. For real soft body sims, you can't use the shell meshes that 3D modelling programs generate, you need ones with internal structure (i.e. tetrahedral/hexahedral meshes), c.f. -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finite_element_method

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2011 at 1:51 PM

well soft body dynamics with collision are features in the next level up group, as in max, maya, cinema, lightwave, blender etc. Do those applications require models with internal hex mesh?

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2011 at 2:02 PM
operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2011 at 2:19 PM

hmm...the lender physics engine is "Bullit Physics' and it supports mport of COLLADA 1.4 physics content

Also, Carrara now supports this engine.

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2011 at 3:42 PM · edited Tue, 18 January 2011 at 3:44 PM

Hi
there is no viable solution  to do this in any scripted automated manner within poser itself.

In blender ?? yes but all of the examples I have seen are of "Jello" primitives

In C4D this is easy achieved as well as Max ,MAYA Softimage and even Lightwave,
with PRIMITIVE  meshes.

For character rigs ??...Jiggling colliding bodies??
again could be Done with a NATIVE  C4D Rig using its Muscle system  and Easily done in MAX MAYA& Softimage and I remember doing  this with a Fat jiggling, bellied guy in
Lightwave 7.5 Many years ago

I am Certain it could be done with a NATIVE blender Character rig as well
Blender gets more incredible with each release.

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2011 at 4:18 PM

Hi Wolf long time no chat!

I am just passing thru, making one more check on poser before I transit to another program. Probably blender.

I took a shot but there are no new functions towards this in Poser. Now that Carrara has it, i a tempted to go back there, because I already know how to use Carrara including dynamic hair, and I own a license. But it does not have true dynamic cloth, unless you can use the soft body for cloth in carrara.

Also, i don't trust carrara for robustness of platform

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2011 at 4:31 PM · edited Tue, 18 January 2011 at 4:31 PM

Hi John

yes blender is just amazing

Ive been playing with the Smoke effects engine in 2.5

Very impressive!!

were I not so heavily invested in my C4D+IPP/Realflow/Vray

Commercial pipeline, I would be a fulltime blender user

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

shuy ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2011 at 1:00 PM

Low poly meshes "for example 3DLittleOne" works well with poser clothing room. Of course you cannot simulate small body parts like finger, but "dynamic breasts" are easy to create.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.