Tue, Oct 22, 12:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:57 pm)

Subject: problem with skirt

Dragon Mistress ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 1999 at 4:00 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:20 AM

hi all, Is there a bug with the skirt? it wont let me conform it to my character... im getting very pissy about this! if anyone can help... i feel like such an amateur.. anyway, thanks in advanced! Missy

Chris ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 1999 at 4:10 PM

Hi Missy, which skirt and which bug? Tell me whats wrong and I try to help. Christian

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

Dragon Mistress ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 1999 at 4:21 PM

the skirt just says skirt, but its mid-calf length, with a band at the top. not the miniskirt. it won't conform... i move my character, and it just goes NUTS! Missy

Chris ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 1999 at 6:51 PM

The problem is not all clothes conform exactly. Sometimes you have to rescale them or work with magnetes or deformers. Be sure that the skirt is conformed to your main figure (the female Poser 4 figure) not skirt conform to bikini bottom that doesn't work. There are problems with morphs too because the clothes are made for the default figures so you have to rescale them, thats the only way. I hope that helps you a little bit and sorry for my poor english but english is not my main language. Christian

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Mon, 01 November 1999 at 6:01 AM

It sounds like what for me is a very familiar and old pest from the late 1960's onwards in helping polymer science students with computer programming for their projects, namely: having to trust extrapolating a fitted equation. In this case it is the equation that describes how the model's flesh behaves as his joints articulate: extrapolating it out to how a garment would behave. Interpolating a least-squares or Fourier etc fitted equation: A-OK. Extrapolating it is like a ship without a rudder, and the more wildly inaccurate the further out you go into the void away from the zone of known values.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.