Wed, Oct 2, 11:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: !!!Mea Culpa: I have Sinned!!!

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 3:47 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 11:32 PM

file_465033.jpg

Mea Culpa!!!  I have broken my own hard and fast rule!!!  I have created a HIGH-POLY model!!!  To my VAST dismay, this model has as many polys as three Alysons put together!

But, anyway, Here meet the my newest Articualted Model: the Emberglow 2nd Waterfront Arcade and CatHouse!

dph

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 3:55 PM

file_465034.jpg

Everything was made by myself in 3ds Max, the spiral stairway was a bit of a challenge.

When done, I then exported it all as an object file.  I used Phi Builder to create the varous pivot joints to articulate it.  I spent several hours in Poser Pro 2010 with the Joint editor adjusting the pivots on all the doors, the sign, etc.

dph

geep ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 3:56 PM

***WOW !!! *** That is nothing short of beautiful dph.  Kudos !!! 👍

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 4:01 PM

file_465035.jpg

All the doors open and close, the Cat House sign swings back and forth, and the Roof opens if you want to get a camera inside to create your own scenes.

The balcony and arcade are based on similar buildings that I from saw photos of the New Orleans' French Quarter.  I was always captivated by the Wrought Iron work used in their creation.

dph

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 4:09 PM

file_465037.jpg

The style of the windows and doors of teh Upper story were taken from a photo of French Colonial buildings in Vietnam.  The windows don't open, but the doors do.  Most everything that I modeled here was done by spline extrusion.

dph

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 4:24 PM

excellent

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 4:38 PM

Thats excellent.

Of course you know that you would save a buncha polys by making the curly ironwork a transparency map, but it wouldnt look so nice .

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 4:41 PM

file_465039.jpg

there is also a backdoor to ground floor stalls, that opens onto a storeroom, or whatevery.

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 4:45 PM

file_465040.jpg

> Quote - Of course you know that you would save a buncha polys by making the curly ironwork a transparency map, but it wouldnt look so nice .

Yes I know, but I thought that in this case, it was worth the risk!  Unlike the excessive polys between V4's toes, these polys at least DO something useful!

I thought putting window in the back wall, but then I thought that it just might look more authentic if I left it blank.dph

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 4:50 PM

file_465041.jpg

Since I didn't model any rooms to be behind the doors of the upper story, (a possible expansion in the future will address this), I articulated the the Roof so that opens up to assemble walls and scenes as one may want.  It will also facilitate putting a camera inside to create your own scenes.  This model will soon be mine and Nanette Tredoux's store here in the MP.

dph

Dynamo ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 5:17 PM

Well modelled sir.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 6:00 PM

Very nice!  An excellent job.

icprncss2 ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 6:44 PM

Say three Hail, Mary's...no, wait...wrong religion...

Just kidding.  Excellent model. 

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 7:04 PM

Quote - Say three Hail, Mary's...no, wait...wrong religion... Just kidding.  Excellent model.

Ave Abraham! Ave Isaac! Ave Jacob!

Ave Moshe Rabenu! Ave David Malkenu! Ave Eliyahu Nevienu!

Will that do instead?

dph

Eric Walters ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 7:28 PM

You scared me! I was afraid you had fallen to the Vicky Side of the Force! Phwew!

Fabulous model you've made there DP!

Erc

TheOwl ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 7:45 PM

Is this for download?

Passion is anger and love combined. So if it looks angry, give it some love!

triangle2010 ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 7:55 PM

it's beautiful👍

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 8:17 PM

Quote - ***WOW !!! *** That is nothing short of beautiful dph.  Kudos !!! 👍

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

I second that!

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

saibabameuk ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 9:48 PM

Very nice work .

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 11:18 PM

Heck, I thought it was Bourbon St. in N'awlins...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

lmckenzie ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2011 at 1:09 AM

Outstanding! Rhett Butler or Brett Maverick would be right at home. Throw in some Posette's of easy virtue and you're ready to open shop. As Bugs Bunny said though, I must've made a wrong turn at Albuquerque. When did we go from genteel manor houses in the English countryside to sporting houses in the Crescent City? 

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

aRtBee ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2011 at 2:34 AM

Compliments, so much work in the details.

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

lkiilerich ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2011 at 2:50 AM

Very very nice job!!!

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2011 at 5:56 AM

file_465078.jpg

> Quote - Is this for download?

It will be for sale in mine and Nanette Tredoux's joint store eventually, here in the MP.

Quote - ...I must've made a wrong turn at Albuquerque. When did we go from genteel manor houses in the English countryside to sporting houses in the Crescent City?

Well, the heroine does have to board a steamer to take her to le Havre, to meet up with the mysterious stranger who has hired her for this very special service.  Steamers need harbors, and harbors usually have Cat Houses, among their various other amenities.

dph

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2011 at 7:02 AM

Wow, David! 

The wages of Sin are...pretty darn nice!  🆒

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

geep ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2011 at 7:38 AM

OK, ok, dph ................. I gots ta axe ........... how many polys are there ??? :huh:

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2011 at 8:11 AM

Quote - OK, ok, dph ................. I gots ta axe ........... how many polys are there ??? :huh:

331,779 polys 

geep ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2011 at 8:49 AM

Quote -   331,779 polys 

OUCH !!! :scared:

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

drifterlee ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2011 at 9:58 AM

Beautiful work, Dave!!!!

UVDan ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2011 at 5:38 AM · edited Thu, 10 February 2011 at 5:40 AM
Forum Moderator

Sweet job!  I love the opening roof.  Please sin some more.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

dphoadley ( ) posted Sat, 12 February 2011 at 1:40 PM

file_465353.jpg

The Cat House doors now have Brass Nameplates designating the different doxies.

The names are rather imaginative, such as: Daring Dolores, Delectable Dolly, Luscious Louisa, Massive Mama May, Naughty Nellie, Pretty Posie, Strict Sadie, Submissive Sally, Succulent Suzie, Voluptious Vicky, Voracious Veronica.

If anyone can think up some delightful names for the denizens of the upper floor, then either post here, or PM me or Nanette Tredoux.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.