Tue, Oct 1, 9:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: ot? Messiah pro and standard for nearly nothing. Legal.

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 10:31 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 9:34 PM

Groupon meets software!

As a prior Messiah registrant, I got an email a little while ago with a "groupon" type timed offer for legal, full license at a ridiculous price.

I hope this is okay to post here. Just passing the word for people who'd love a high-end animation tool but normally could never afford it.

http://projectmessiah.com/x6/shop.html

::::: Opera :::::

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 10:42 PM

It's been posted already. Twice.

facepalm

Laurie

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 10:44 PM

o. sorry, i looked down the first page and did not see it.

MagnusGreel ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 10:54 PM

was moved to 3Dlinks.

Airport security is a burden we must all shoulder. Do your part, and please grope yourself in advance.

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 11:03 PM

This is a fine example of why Commercial Posts are forbidden. Suddenly you get spammed with repetitive links like this "Viral" marketing scheme.

My Freebies

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 11:17 PM

it was not spam. it was a genuine alert caring for this community by a long time poster. what's the matter with you?

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 11:24 PM · edited Mon, 07 February 2011 at 11:25 PM

It most definitely IS Spam as it's the 3rd posting so far in this forum for THE SAME Commercial Product and it is against the TOS. Doesn't have anything to do with how long you've been posting here. I'm also not questioning how much you do or do not "Care" for the community. That is a given, but rules are rules for a reason and this thread is breaking them.

My Freebies

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 11:29 PM

ok, it might be against the rules. fine. delete this thread.

and it is not spam. hope you are getting your kicks out of your attitude.

In my opinion people who hate valuable commercial offers that benefit the buyer and seller have serious problems. This is aside from the rules of this forum.

Just remember this next time the whining about not being able to afford a major, legitimate professional software system for animation and 3d starts to crank up.

:::: Opera :::::

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 11:34 PM

Dude, You're barking up the wrong tree here. I didn't make the rules. You are the FORTH poster who has posted a notice about this 3D program bargain in less than 24 hours. That makes it definite spam. It's also a commercial post which is forbidden. There IS a forum for these posts and that's where all these threads keep getting moved to.

My Freebies

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 11:35 PM

no problem, but i don't retract what i said. Just delete the thread, forum moderators.

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 11:37 PM

are people allowed to post in the Poser forum that there is another major program on that same level called "Blender" and it also has an astonishing price and provide a link? Is that spam?

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 11:42 PM

Opera, anyone can discuss what these programs do. The issue of it being spam comes up when it's, 1) a commercial advertisement pushing a sale of some sort and 2) One of Many new threads with the same message. The 3D Links forum is the place to post finds like sales and promotions.

My Freebies

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 11:45 PM

no problem. the reason i did not know about the other threads is: they had apparently been moved already.

wimvdb ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 11:51 PM

This is not spam since the OP only alerted the readers of an opportunity and was not involved with the company.

If non-commercial means you cannot talk about any product which has a pricetag associated with it, then you should delete most of the posts in these forums and you are left with the "How do you make short Films" type of posts.

And - If you delete or move posts to another forum multiple posts will occur if people are excited about something.

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2011 at 11:56 PM

Quote - This is not spam since the OP only alerted the readers of an opportunity and was not involved with the company.

If non-commercial means you cannot talk about any product which has a pricetag associated with it, then you should delete most of the posts in these forums and you are left with the "How do you make short Films" type of posts.

And - If you delete or move posts to another forum multiple posts will occur if people are excited about something.

I'll refer you back to definition Number 2 of SPAM. "Repetitive" topics on the same subject. IE: Spam.

My Freebies

wimvdb ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2011 at 12:03 AM

Repetetive if it is done by the same person or company.

This was not the case. It was done by multiple well known poser users because the original posts were gone.

NOT spam - but an alert to something they found worthy of sharing

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2011 at 12:12 AM

thanks for your support of the deep underlying concept wimvdb. yes, this thread is "against the rules' and will probably be removed. no problem.

But don't play the spam card when it is successive caring Poser people excitied with a great opportunity.

Nance ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2011 at 1:46 AM

Thanks for the heads-up.   Here most every day and missed the prior posts.

obm890 ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2011 at 3:02 AM

I hope the mods leave this thread here, moving it will just cause more well-intentioned people to start new ones about the same thing.

I really don't get why some people are so uptight about this, I think it's a great offer and I'm glad I saw it (here and on another forum), I bought my copy and I'm playing with the demo now.

I'd rather see posts like this than the crop of "My head hurts, what should I do?" and "I don't have any friends, am I a loser?" posts that always seem to fill this forum.

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2011 at 6:10 AM

Quote - I'd rather see posts like this than the crop of "My head hurts, what should I do?" and "I don't have any friends, am I a loser?" posts that always seem to fill this forum.

Yes but those are largey being posted by one certain individual

but I agree  I will take awesome software announcements any day over those

"help me manage my lonely life" ,threads

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2011 at 9:54 AM

I will leave this so others can read and know this information has already been shared but I'm going to lock it since we do have other threads about this.

Thanks

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.