Fri, Sep 20, 6:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Fitting clothes to GND2

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 11 February 2011 at 8:24 AM · edited Wed, 21 August 2024 at 4:00 PM

Just started using GND2 again and trying and failing miserably to fit some of V3's wardrobe to her shape. Is there a secret to this that I've clearly forgotten?

I've tried Morphingclothes but the results are less than impressive, any help would be appreciated.

TIA.

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Cariad ( ) posted Fri, 11 February 2011 at 9:04 AM

I know there is a tutorial over at Daz about using the cloth room to create clothing fits, it uses GND2 for the example if I recall correctly.

And for some reason the link eluding me at the moment, maybe I can find it after caffeine.

corinthianscori ( ) posted Fri, 11 February 2011 at 8:10 PM

If all else fails...

convert the clothing to one whole mesh object and clothify it.

Or...to say it another way: export the clothing as an OBJ, choosing to keep all groups and to weld the seams, and no world transformations.

Delete your offending clothing from scene.

Import your OBJ cloth. Turn off all import options. The clothing SHOULD pop back into the same spot you just deleted the conforming clothing from. If not, don't panic; just move on.

Hide or delete everything in your scene except
 the Ground prop
 cloth OBJ
 and your figure.

Go to Cloth Room.

Clothify your cloth OBJ.
 Choose 1-2 Drape frames.
 Choose Self-Collision.
 Collide Against should be set to
   the Ground prop
   cloth OBJ
   and your figure

Inside Cloth Room, go to section 1., and choose Run Drape. This SHOULD make your cloth obj fit your figure. If not, exit section 1 and choose Calculate Simulation. Usually 5-10 frames is enough. Your figure must NOT move during this time and must not have any other morphs applied other than the one you want to create a new morph for(GND). SOMETIMES you have to have your figure with NO MORPHS on frame 1, and then have all your desired morphs applied at a later frame(5-10 or so).

Watch.

Once you see your clothing look like it's fitting properly Cancel the simulation.

Check. Look good? If not, rinse and repeat with different settings in the Cloth Room. Maybe more Drape frames would easily fix things and Draping goes a LOT faster than Calculate Simulation.

Now export your newly morphed cloth OBJ with same options as before.

Hide your cloth obj prop in scene.

Get your original clothing item conformed to your figure once again.

hey? still there? good!

okay. Uhm...now you need to do a little side-by-side comparison so...

re-import your morphed cloth obj(yes I KNOW its already IN the scene!!! Just do what you're told!!! >..< !!)

Now...move this morphed cloth obj next to your morphed figure so you see your figure AND the original clothing its wearing.

Now out of the Cloth Room and back into the Pose Room.

Select your newly imported cloth prop.

Using the Grouping Tool, spawn a prop for each body part of your cloth prop, remembering to name them the same name as the body part they came from.

Export each of these body part props to somewhere safe and roomy. This can take a looooooooooooong while to do. Its no fun. At all.

Take a deep breath.

Select your original conforming clothing.

Now for each and every body group prop you made...you'll be making a morph in that corresponding body group.
 In other words...click the body part on your conforming clothing, choose Load Morph and the find the corresponding body part(i.e. larm to larm, chest to chest, etc.).

NOOOOOOW you can spawn a FBM! Erase all those body part morphs if you like or choose not to give a rat's shiney patoot.

Once you're done with all that you should see your conforming clothing fitting your figure like a glove! If so, save that conforming clothing to the library as a new modified figure when you're done with all this madness! Dont save over the original figure!!!

If you are still alive after this ordeal please consider yourself slightyly insane. I bet you'd rather use Morphing Clothes again until things look better, right?! HAHAH

Cariad ( ) posted Fri, 11 February 2011 at 8:20 PM

That would be the essential outline of the tutorial I was looking at the other night (and now can't find...) but there was additional step involving using a cylinder as a guide to help in lining stuff up and scaling your imported object.  Ack!  I really should do this to some of my favourite bits and pieces for fitting some of the less forgiving items with the FBMs included.

Bookmarking this for the day I lose my mind enough to try it.  Maybe I should get the straight jacket and padded room ready first. :p

raburii ( ) posted Sat, 12 February 2011 at 12:07 AM

Have you ever worked with magnet sets to create morphs?  Lyrra has a set for GND2 [http://www.shop.cyclopsstudio.com/].  They're not perfect, but they are convenient.

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 12 February 2011 at 3:26 AM

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 12 February 2011 at 3:40 AM

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give that a try corinthianscori**.**

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.