Fri, Oct 4, 5:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: OT: Does Justin Bieber limit kids' exposure to 3D Graphics?

josterD ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2011 at 10:32 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 5:22 PM

I'm wondering if Justin Bieber and pop idols like this is one of the causes why kids are not learning graphics and other stuff as much as they could. Especially nowadays that many people have access to computers. They use facebook, twit twat.. and all that looking for things about their idols instead of learning computer graphics or something.

what do you think? I"ve seen/heard of alot of kids just wasting their time twitting/texting ...and facebooking

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2011 at 10:54 PM

I'm sorry but I have to say it.

Go to a chat room.

Go to the doctor.

Go to a counselor.

Get a girlfriend.

One or two off topic posts is OK, but you're annoying.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2011 at 12:23 AM

just wanna mention: totally opposed to bieber.  before they delete this thread, also wanna note that, in jurisdiction covered by bieber fans, they are uneducable and hence wholly unable to deal with anything involving conscious thought IMVHO, e.g. 3d software.

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2011 at 4:01 AM

JosterD,
Can we see that 15 Minute poser animated film that you did in one Day???.

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2011 at 9:01 AM

Justin who?...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

TheOwl ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2011 at 9:38 AM

I only replied positively in your poser related threads JD that's the only thing I support in you. But I have to agree with Bagginsbill over here.

Passion is anger and love combined. So if it looks angry, give it some love!

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2011 at 10:26 AM

stewer ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2011 at 10:57 AM · edited Thu, 10 February 2011 at 11:00 AM

Justin Bieber is fine. However, it is a known fact that hanging out too much in Renderosity, as fine as a forum as it is, is causing people to become socially inept. The only known cure is to turn off the computer every once in a while and mixing with other people, being it family events, clubs or any other place where people gather and meet.

Justin Bieber is just a young talented musician who makes music that I find boring. However, he might inspire one or the other kid to start learning an instrument, which I find is an equally creative and meaningful way to spend one's time as creating 3D artwork.

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2011 at 11:23 AM

The trick is to make a celebrity character (naming no names) which one can then place into amusing scenarios , like Justin meets Godzilla, Bieber on the Rack and so on.

The basic premise is rather like saying that baseball, roller skating and swimming prevent young people from learning 3d graphics.

I dont mind OT threads, I can always ignore them if I want.

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2011 at 2:05 PM

I SEEN SUM KIDS ON TEH STREAT AND JUSTEN BEABER CAEM ALOGN ADN TOOK THIER ZBURSH AWAY JUTSIN BIERBE SUX

My Freebies

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2011 at 2:07 PM

you mean... he goes round to users houses and stops them doing 3D!?!?!?

Daymond42 ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2011 at 3:37 PM

Stay tuned next week for when we may get the answer to the question: Does milk help you do better 3d renders?

:o

Currently using Poser Pro 2012 (Display Units = feet)

AMD Phenom II 3.2ghz (6 cores)

8gb RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2011 at 4:21 PM

Quote - Stay tuned next week for when we may get the answer to the question: Does milk help you do better 3d renders?

:o

Only if you drink enough before you are 20.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2011 at 4:29 PM

Quote - you mean... he goes round to users houses and stops them doing 3D!?!?!?

Nice to see you posting again.  :)

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

slinger ( ) posted Fri, 11 February 2011 at 5:34 PM

[humour] I thought he was OK in CSI.  I was however very disappointed that he didn't end up on Doc Robbins' slab. [/humour]

;¬) 

The liver is evil - It must be punished.

Paul Francis ( ) posted Fri, 11 February 2011 at 7:30 PM · edited Fri, 11 February 2011 at 7:44 PM

I have a banana, but I worry that Daz3D might stop me making a movie in Halfords, whereupon my sliced bread might end up in my encyclopedia, the verbose rabbits or even my Cocteau Twins boxed set.  Wibble, wibble. Advice, please, and Corona lemonade.

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"

Daymond42 ( ) posted Fri, 11 February 2011 at 8:06 PM

Wibble is a great word.

Currently using Poser Pro 2012 (Display Units = feet)

AMD Phenom II 3.2ghz (6 cores)

8gb RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

MagnusGreel ( ) posted Fri, 11 February 2011 at 8:11 PM

Justin Bieber burst into my house and erased my hard drive, burnt my 3D graphics disks  and turned me into a newt!

Airport security is a burden we must all shoulder. Do your part, and please grope yourself in advance.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 11 February 2011 at 8:20 PM

Quote - I have a banana, but I worry that Daz3D might stop me making a movie in Halfords, whereupon my sliced bread might end up in my encyclopedia, the verbose rabbits or even my Cocteau Twins boxed set.  Wibble, wibble. Advice, please, and Corona lemonade.

Truer words never spoken! I think...

;o)

Laurie

SWAMP ( ) posted Sat, 12 February 2011 at 4:15 AM

Attached Link: http://www.guidespot.com/guides/combover_comb_over_hair

Justin Bieber and Donald Trump have to go to the same hair stylist.

Wazzup with a kid that has a comb over?

heddheld ( ) posted Sat, 12 February 2011 at 8:07 AM

wow

Pjz99!!  you type just like my granddaughter ;-)

Treasurer_and_Battle ( ) posted Sat, 12 February 2011 at 2:57 PM

I think teen girls will want to make a Poser version of Justin Beiber so they can take his clothes off.

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 12 February 2011 at 3:56 PM · edited Sat, 12 February 2011 at 4:00 PM

Oy vey iz mir

Pauvre de moi

災いが私です

Gwae fi

Горе мне

Ahimè

Biada mi

¡Ay de mí

Горе мені

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sat, 12 February 2011 at 10:28 PM

Quote - I have a banana, but I worry that Daz3D might stop me making a movie in Halfords, whereupon my sliced bread might end up in my encyclopedia, the verbose rabbits or even my Cocteau Twins boxed set.  Wibble, wibble. Advice, please, and Corona lemonade.

Fact*: The lyrics to Athol Brose foretell the impending Bieber apocalypse.

*Not really. However, it might be fun to hit him in the head with the harpsicord, except that it would be a waste of a perfectly good harpsicord :P

Winterclaw ( ) posted Sat, 12 February 2011 at 11:33 PM

There are more important things to worry about than justin barber or whatever his name is.

Like how to fit my Domi in Eve or what's the perfect breast shape I can get for viki...

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

SteveJax ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2011 at 1:21 AM

I love the new 6G Beiber Phone with Ozzy Ozzborne!!

KimberlyC ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2011 at 12:18 PM

Quote - I love the new 6G Beiber Phone with Ozzy Ozzborne!!

Yea that was funny. Its like they make fun of Beiber right in front of him. :lol:

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2011 at 3:44 PM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

SteveJax ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2011 at 7:27 PM

Quote - > Quote - I love the new 6G Beiber Phone with Ozzy Ozzborne!!

Yea that was funny. Its like they make fun of Beiber right in front of him. :lol:

If you look closely you'll see that the fuzzy haired guy behind Ozzy and Sharon in the last scene is Beiber himself making fun of himself sayin' "Looks like a girl to me." Priceless!

KimberlyC ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2011 at 11:44 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - I love the new 6G Beiber Phone with Ozzy Ozzborne!!

If you look closely you'll see that the fuzzy haired guy behind Ozzy and Sharon in the last scene is Beiber himself making fun of himself sayin' "Looks like a girl to me." Priceless!

Yep thats what I was talking about. So funny lol

FrankT ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2011 at 5:50 PM

Quote - There are more important things to worry about than justin barber or whatever his name is.

Like how to fit my Domi in Eve or what's the perfect breast shape I can get for viki...

Fit the biggest guns you can get hold of with faction ammo - Rails are good long range guns or go for the blaster version and get up close and personal :)

Who's Justing whateverhisnameis anyway ? I listen mostly to thrash/black/death metal, trance or classical (I write ambient music but that's a completely different kettle of fish)

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.