Mon, Oct 7, 12:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Trying to source lost hair character file

ChrisV ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2011 at 6:08 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 6:36 AM

file_465964.jpg

After restoring my Poser data after a hard disk fault, I've noticed that some of my data has been lost with some files corrupted (thankfully very few!) 

I've been able to restore most of these from the original zip files stored on another hard drive.  However, because I've renamed one particular hair character from it's original, I've been unable to relocate the zip file for cropped hair because I've renamed it from it's original (I believe it was  called BV4.cr2 or similar).  I've been searching my zipped purchases and freebies for days but can't locate it. 

The appended image is  the cropped hair on a V4 character (this still works) - the V3 version loads but doesn't show on screen (yes, I've checked all the visibility tags!)

Does anybody know what the original hair character is?  I'm not even sure whether it was a freebie or whether I've purchased it. 

Any help much appreciated!

patorak3d ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2011 at 6:24 PM

I wish i could help,  but i'm not familiar with the hair.  BTW She's beautiful.  What character is this? 

ChrisV ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2011 at 6:35 PM

Just straight V4.2 (with morphs)  I've generally been quite dissappointed with V4 because it's difficult to make her look like anything other than like Angelina Jolie  (hence the reason I still use V3 a lot - especially for the more mature female). 

This is the result of struggling for many hours trying to give V4 a bit of character!  The textures are Aramantha

Glad you like her!

patorak3d ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2011 at 6:55 PM

Are you going to make your morph available to the Poser public?

V4...Truth is,  after reinstalling P6 i haven't bothered installing V4 myself.

Don't know if this helps,  but the hair model looks like a textured wig cap.

Cariad ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2011 at 7:33 PM

Looks like Boy Hair by 3Dream to me.

http://www.arrow3d.com/ 

Click Freebies then Hair... will be at the top of the list.

ChrisV ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2011 at 8:24 PM

Quote - Looks like Boy Hair by 3Dream to me.  http://www.arrow3d.com/ 

That's it!!  Many thanks Rhionon - much appreciated

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2011 at 5:52 PM

Quote - Looks like Boy Hair by 3Dream to me.

http://www.arrow3d.com/ 

Click Freebies then Hair... will be at the top of the list.

Good eye! I was going to post and then I read further down and there it was! It's a freebie that was posted in the free forum last year I think.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

ChrisV ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2011 at 5:56 PM

Many thanks all - problem solved!

Cariad ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2011 at 6:17 PM

Quote - > Quote - Looks like Boy Hair by 3Dream to me.  http://www.arrow3d.com/ 

That's it!!  Many thanks Rhionon - much appreciated

No problems.

Not many extremely short hair styles for V4.  The few I have seen I have picked up.  Boy hair is useful as a skull cap for the hair room too.  So all the better.

SteveJax ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2011 at 8:52 PM

I've never seen BoyHair. Certainly looks boyish. 😉

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2011 at 7:36 AM

sorry, I beg to differ.  V4 doesn't look like   Angelina Jolie - that is the problem with V4.  She looks more like maralyn munro or michael jackson.  she lacks the lip morphs in the centre to really look like angelina.  I wish she did actually.  I have seen some angelina morphs that wern't to bad.  but having played with V4 lips a lot I can assure you they don't have enough central polygons.

Probably some good things can be done with displacement maps.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.