Wed, Sep 18, 11:09 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Calling All CReators ...Helping New Zealand Tragedy!

Hallowed_Sylph ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2011 at 7:24 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 11:02 AM

Greetings Fellow Creators ,

I was reading of the devastation in New Zealand and I paused to think. Then I thought there are so many of us capable of making things of varying themes , why not get a list of folks to sign up to create an item or two and when we are all done we could package this as New Zealand Relief Bundle , sell it and give the profits to an appropriate organzation to donate this to as I am sure their will be some sort of relief fund in place. We as a community could make a difference and I would love some help organizing this ...anyone think we could pull it off and if so who is in ?

Thanks for Reading ,

Wild

Hallowed_Sylph ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2011 at 8:04 AM

UPDATE :

I am beginning work on a set of Backgrounds and two characters for this project today. Again any one who wants to pitch in and help by creating something , finding a legitimate charity organization or relief fund we could get the proceeds to and so on would be much appreciated.

Update :

Did some searching and the Red Cross indeed has legitmate channels for which we could send funds from this project to help. The following official appeal is below :

red cross launches appeal

New Zealand Red Cross has launched the "New Zealand Red Cross 2011 Earthquake Appeal" to support those affected by the recent Christchurch earthquake.

All funds will be used towards the New Zealand Red Cross response to the disaster, including transport and provision of goods. As weeks go by, different needs will be identified and Red Cross, there for the long haul with your help, will be meeting them.

Donations to this appeal can be made by:
•Calling 0900 73327 tro make an automatic $20 donation
•Texting a message of hope to 4419 to donate $3 (text works with all mobile network providers in NZ)
•Online at www.redcross.org.nz/donate
•By cheque to: New Zealand Red Cross 2011 Earthquake Appeal, Freepost 232690, PO Box 12140, Thorndon, Wellington 6144
•By Direct Credit Transfer to our Special Appeal Bank Account: Kiwibank 38-9009-0759479-00 and the account name is RED CROSS.
•By Direct Credit Transfer to our Special Appeals Bank Account: ASB 12-3192-0015998-02
•At any branch of PostShop Kiwibank, ASB, BNZ and ANZ bank

Again ...all help is appreciated and Im going to give this my best go , I hope to see some folks sign on for this worthy cause and help get this organized.

Thanks again and Blessings to all those affected ,

Enchanted Pixie a.k.a Wild

saibabameuk ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2011 at 8:15 AM

file_465990.jpg

> Quote - Greetings Fellow Creators , > > I was reading of the devastation in New Zealand and I paused to think. Then I thought there are so many of us capable of making things of varying themes , why not get a list of folks to sign up to create an item or two and when we are all done we could package this as New Zealand Relief Bundle , sell it and give the profits to an appropriate organzation to donate this to as I am sure their will be some sort of relief fund in place. We as a community could make a difference and I would love some help organizing this ...anyone think we could pull it off and if so who is in ? > > Thanks for Reading , > > Wild

Hi Good idea.

I am always looking for variations on this Robe, I purchased G2 Kelvin Complete Figure Pack from SM .

Is any body out there that will build a Robe as per illustration for the G2 Kelvin. I will then put a donation to Calling Creators idea.

Just a thought!

BionicRooster ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2011 at 8:22 AM · edited Thu, 24 February 2011 at 8:24 AM
Forum Moderator

I have no problem making one or 2 items for a bundle for this charity. This is actually a great idea, and should be implemented for a number of charities out there.

Themed, or just random products? I would think that a general theme would be best suited for a bundle pack such as this.

Different R'osity accounts could be made for whatever charity the products are being sold for, and see if there's a way of either having Rendo staff send money to appropriate charity, or, set up seperate PayPal accounts for each, and go that route. I just think that would be the easiest ways to accomplish this sort of task.

This is an innovative idea, like my own that I am going to try and get started here soon.

So, lets get a few others involved and make a nice little pack to help out a good cause. I mean c'mon, how many freebies do we throw out to the public? We can make an item or 2 for this... lol     :oP

And I had no idea the robe had a slit on the side like that, the images you showed me when I made it didn't show that part. I can easily modify it have the slitted sides, if that's what you want.

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

Hallowed_Sylph ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2011 at 8:27 AM

Thanks Bionic Rooster ...we should first step I would say contact Renderosity Staff and see what they can or will do to help with the marketing and making sure that the proceeds go directly to the relief fun. Thanks for the support let's hope more folks sign on...we can make a difference here for so many including some of our own in the Creator Community.

patorak3d ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2011 at 8:34 AM

Hi ErinG,

Is there a submission deadline?

BionicRooster ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2011 at 8:35 AM
Forum Moderator

I know whatcha mean about the "some of our won" part. I'm trying to get some more items made to sell because we just lost $800 a month of our income, and it's gonna hit us hard real soon.

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

Hallowed_Sylph ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2011 at 8:43 AM

We don't  have a deadline yet as this is only beginning to come together this morning . I need to email the Renderosity Staff and see waht if anything can be done on their end to help us bring this to fruition . As the details become more clear I will post them here . Thanks for your interest and support.

Hallowed_Sylph ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2011 at 8:57 AM
  • Update *

I just sent an email to Renderosity Admin with a link to this thread and an explanation of what we are hoping to accomplish. As soon as I hear from them I will relate said news here. I am also in contact with Vendors from other sites who are looking into avenues in which they can help our cause. The more the merrier folks and the more we can get achieved , you can never have too many hands or ideas. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them and as far as a theme as has been mentioned we could use some ideas there ! Please post here and give us your thoughts.

Thanks Again for your support ,

ErinG

bevans84 ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2011 at 1:40 PM

A little closer to home, Stefan Morrell (StoneMason) lives in Lyttelton near the epicenter just outside of Christchurch.

I saw on CGTalk that he was ok, although his house was a mess.

Cyberwoman ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2011 at 4:36 PM

I don't have a lot of time right now, but I would gladly make a small item or two. Let me know how the administrative side is progressing.

~*I've made it my mission to build Cyberworld, one polygon at a time*~

Watch it happen at my technology blog, Building Cyberworld.

Hallowed_Sylph ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2011 at 4:42 PM

Daily Update :

More interests are being shown as far as vendors go , still waiting on that reply from Rendo Staff ! Hopefully here something today. If ya like tell your creator friends. Obviously the more people involved the better the pack the more we can help !

Thanks for the support ,

ErinG

Cyberwoman ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2011 at 10:12 AM

Are there any posts about this in the Vendor forum? That might get more vendors interested... I know I always check the Vendor forum instead of the Poser forum if I'm in a rush and I only have time to check one.

Also, just a thought--if we get a lot of interest and end up with a lot of items for the bundle, maybe we should make several lower-priced bundles instead of one large high-priced bundle? I'm thinking that way if customers want to purchase the whole thing they can, but customers who can't afford the cost of a large bundle can buy one or more of the smaller bundles. Every little bit helps 😄

~*I've made it my mission to build Cyberworld, one polygon at a time*~

Watch it happen at my technology blog, Building Cyberworld.

Hallowed_Sylph ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2011 at 4:10 PM

Great idea Cyberwoman ...I will post this thread over there as well...and several small packs is also a good choice ! Still waiting to hear from Rendo !

Thanks for the support !

ErinG !

mrsparky ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2011 at 6:25 PM

If you can get this orgainised, count me for a product as well.

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.