Wed, Sep 18, 2:07 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: xbox 360 Kinect

RealDeal ( ) posted Thu, 18 November 2010 at 1:47 AM · edited Fri, 16 August 2024 at 7:11 PM

with all the current enthusiasm for hacking around with the Kinect, how long do you think it will be before someone makes a usable motion capture / bvh generation rig?

I don't have one (yet) but it looks like everything is in place to allow someone with 2-3 360's and Kinects, at 90 degree angles to each other, along with discrete targets on your capture subject, to make this; it's actually simpler I think to do this than some of the projects I've seen on hack-a-day lately.

anyone know of anyone working on this?

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Thu, 18 November 2010 at 9:48 AM

Quote - with all the current enthusiasm for hacking around with the Kinect, how long do you think it will be before someone makes a usable motion capture / bvh generation rig?

I don't have one (yet) but it looks like everything is in place to allow someone with 2-3 360's and Kinects, at 90 degree angles to each other, along with discrete targets on your capture subject, to make this; it's actually simpler I think to do this than some of the projects I've seen on hack-a-day lately.

anyone know of anyone working on this?

I was wondering the same thing myself when I first saw Kinect mentioned about a year ago at E3 I think it was. It may not be worth the hack though. Take a look at this http://www.ipisoft.com/ site. Markerless motion capture using web cams.

RealDeal ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2011 at 4:00 AM

I guess my question is answered!

Dave-So ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2011 at 1:00 PM

600-1000 bucks...out of my pauper league for sure.

back to the kinect thing

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2011 at 1:12 PM

hang on for a couple of months on this.

Microsoft are releasing the Kinect SDK "in the spring" for development on Windows 7 (no news on lower than 7...) once they do, I expect a lot of fun :D

motion capture... interfaces like the one in Iron Man / World Builder http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzFpg271sm8 (sadly without holographics) and far far more...

• already with hacked drivers, some of the ways it's been used are surprising!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.