Sun, Oct 6, 1:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: My Weekend Project (Enterprise Bridge)

Kixum ( ) posted Sat, 05 March 2011 at 9:26 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 1:27 PM

file_466326.jpg

I have been working on this a little bit all week but I put in a good 12 hours on it today.  I'm quite impressed with the results so far.  C has good lighting if you pound the time into it.

This is 100% done in Carrara.  The bigest issue I have left really will be to find pictures of the remaining 20 panels that I haven't found the texture maps for.  It's a tough one.  Chances are, I'll just make some stuff up.

I have lots of work to do (for example, I'm sure you're all noticing that I haven't put in the big navigation and helm console in the middle of the room (that's for tomorrow).

Then, buttons, buttons, buttons, BUTTONS!

-Kix

tom271 ( ) posted Sat, 05 March 2011 at 1:57 PM

Attached Link: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~toby/alan/gallery/trek/panels.gif

If you are quick and able to reproduce what you see .. You can watch some  Star trek  movies pause and take screen shots...  

I'm sure there are Star trek technologist outhere that know how to get all the images and possibly textures you want..

http://www.startrek.com/

bridge images:

http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&biw=1024&bih=575&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=star+trek+enterprise+bridge&aq=6&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=star+trek+enterprise+

bridge panel textures:

http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&biw=1024&bih=575&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=star+trek+enterprise+bridge+panels+textures&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

restif ( ) posted Sat, 05 March 2011 at 9:12 PM

Great work! It is always good to see someone do great work in Carrara!

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 06 March 2011 at 12:56 AM

I still fear the Carrara modeler.  Great job.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

50parsecs ( ) posted Sun, 06 March 2011 at 3:40 AM

Still a big fan of ST:TOS. Excellent job so far! Now install the navigation con so we can go somewhere.

Kixum ( ) posted Sun, 06 March 2011 at 8:11 AM

file_466390.jpg

Here's the second days worth of work.  That crazy console in the center of the bridge took a lot more work to do than I thought it would.  I basically did that central console and the panels on the far wall today.

Back to work now (real life job stuff).  We'll see what I can do next weekend.  I have those crazy bucket chairs to build, paint up the panels a lot and then do all those crazy buttons on all the control panels (sheesh).

It was a good weekends worth of work though.

-Kix

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Tue, 08 March 2011 at 12:13 AM

Awesome.

50parsecs ( ) posted Tue, 08 March 2011 at 1:15 PM

WOW! You've made a lot of progress in a short amount of time. Hopefully DAZ will take notice and showcase this when you are finished to illustrate what someone can do with Carrara when they have mastery of the tools included in the program.

Kixum ( ) posted Tue, 08 March 2011 at 5:21 PM · edited Tue, 08 March 2011 at 5:23 PM

file_466502.jpg

I would like to have it showcased but I have no idea what kinds of Intellectual Property might be involved.

Here's another render from a different direction.  I goofed up the texture on the central console (the back panel should also be red).  I saw this after the render was done but I haven't taken the time to re-render it yet.

I've been building the control panels (buttons Buttons BUTTONS!! AAAAAAAAGH).  I hope to have those finished in a couple days (I can only spend a couple hours a night after work if that).

Next weekend though, I should have all the modeling done.  Then I have to clean up the images in the control panels, add some TOS Trekkie pictures in those viewscreens above the control panels, tweak the textures a little bit and redo the lighting (just modeling right now).

I think when it's done, it will look pretty great.  I have no idea what I'm going to do with it when I'm done though.  It's really just fun to make it.

-Kix

tkane18 ( ) posted Wed, 09 March 2011 at 9:05 AM

Great model!

Does the main console seem likes it's too close to the captain's chair?

Keep up the good work!

Kixum ( ) posted Wed, 09 March 2011 at 9:39 AM

Tkane, That is an excellent point! 1- According to the blueprints I'm working off of, the way i have it is the way it's supposed to be. 2- If you look at pictures of the actual original show bridge, this is also the way it's setup. There have been repeoductions built with the captains chair farther back but that's incorrect. I also thought this was too close but it seems this is how its supposed to be. I've been watching the show for the last four days and this is it (weird).

-Kix

tkane18 ( ) posted Wed, 09 March 2011 at 2:55 PM

I should have known that you researched this extensively.   👍

Kixum ( ) posted Wed, 09 March 2011 at 5:26 PM

file_466564.jpg

So I finished my test renders for the day last night and I finally decided that the control consoles and the railing are too high.  I will have to adjust them (shouldn't be bad).

Basically, the "desk" at the surrounding consoles would be about the level of your neck if you were sitting there.

Here's last nights tests.

-Kix

Kixum ( ) posted Wed, 09 March 2011 at 5:27 PM

file_466565.jpg

and

-Kix

sfdex ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2011 at 6:41 PM

I know I'm late to the party, but these are great, Kix!  (Also loved your image of the Enterprise half burried in sand.)

- Dex

Kixum ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2011 at 11:01 PM

I'm always glad to see you around!  I'm actually quite impressed that you found this thread (it's a little old).

Hope you've been doing well!

-Kix

50parsecs ( ) posted Sun, 14 August 2011 at 10:10 PM

WTF? Windows spam?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.