Sun, Oct 6, 1:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Saturday, March 5, 2011 9:19 AM CST. 10130 artists currently online

Richardphotos ( ) posted Sat, 05 March 2011 at 9:23 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 10:57 AM

Saturday, March 5, 2011 9:19 AM CST. 10130 artists currently online

whats up with so many people

drifterlee ( ) posted Sat, 05 March 2011 at 12:04 PM

I did not realize Rendo was so big!

DreamerZ_Loft ( ) posted Sat, 05 March 2011 at 4:31 PM

If you check Who's Online you'll see that there are over 10,000 Visitors connected!  Something is a bit odd about that number, at least it seems very odd to me.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sat, 05 March 2011 at 5:32 PM

as it doesn't affect forum speed, my guess (if not affecting gallery speed): it's aimed at the amazon servers or wherever the freestuff/market servers are found.  a prob has developed in re: amazon and calif. distribs./affiliates.

Richardphotos ( ) posted Sat, 05 March 2011 at 6:58 PM

March 5, 2011 4:32 PM CST. 10812 artists currently online

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sun, 06 March 2011 at 2:07 AM

Not sure, but as of now March 6, 2011 2:04 AM CST. 7897 artists currently online.

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sun, 06 March 2011 at 6:00 AM

Maybe there was nothing on TV last night 😉

Gill

BionicRooster ( ) posted Sun, 06 March 2011 at 11:47 AM · edited Sun, 06 March 2011 at 11:47 AM
Forum Moderator

Says there's 9111 online right now. That's the most 've seen on here at once. Usually between 4000 - 6000 from what I've noticed. I'm surprised more don't pop in the chatroom from time to time.

Edit: 9325 ppl online by the time I posted this message :o)

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

MagnusGreel ( ) posted Sun, 06 March 2011 at 4:23 PM

8000 visitors? thats a little fishy...

Airport security is a burden we must all shoulder. Do your part, and please grope yourself in advance.

KimberlyC ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2011 at 11:05 AM

March 7, 2011 11:03 AM CST. 9346 artists currently online

I can see 10130 on a saturday or sunday I guess :)

Anniebel ( ) posted Wed, 09 March 2011 at 6:28 PM

So if you ignore the over inflated visitor number, there is only about 550 - no wonder the site seems dead these days.

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

My Gallery                       My Freebies                        My Store

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2011 at 1:29 AM

how do we know all 10,000 visitors are artists and not just doodz who found out about all the poser girl renders in gallery?  maybe it's spring break or something and they're all checking them out on their ipad2s.

Lenord ( ) posted Fri, 11 March 2011 at 10:52 AM

80% of that number is always Web Spiders from Yahoo, Google etc. crawling all over the web to keep their databases full of fresh content, the more active the site the more spiders they attract. The true count would be Registered members or Active daily posting members.

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

Lully ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2011 at 10:00 AM

Just a thought/theory in addition to those already mentioned about spiders and creapycrawlies,  but the top bit on my page at the moment states 6930 online, however if you view the members online list it said 620 (no I didn't count them, I copy pasted the list to excell )

The main word to consider is ONLINE and not viewing the site, if you leave yourself logged into renderosity (ticking the 'stay logged in' bit and using enabled cookies) this may still get recorded.  The people with rendo pages open are probably 620 and those looking at other sites but still logged in from a day/week ago is probably 6930.

Tools:- Win10, Dell XPS8900, ZBrush, Marvelous Designer 11, Hex 2, PSP8. PSP 2019 Ultimate, DAZ Studio, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, Filterforge 11, flowscape,  Classic UVMapper, and several headache tablets. 

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2011 at 3:24 PM

maybe if their sys-admin logged off all the zombies, as a test, it would drop back to normal.  but they all might be active.  after "poser debut" came out, the visitors might all be "poser debut" users who haven't summoned up the courage to join as members, looking at the poser forum and seeing alotta incomprehensible tech stuff about luxrender and PP2010, but nothing useful about "poser debut".

MagnusGreel ( ) posted Wed, 16 March 2011 at 7:21 AM

"looking at the poser forum and seeing alotta incomprehensible tech stuff about luxrender and PP2010,"

it maybe incomprehensible to you, but those of us that use them need that information. plus theres 3 lux threads and the PP2010 threads pertain to poser 8 as well.

but you could try talking to those posting the threads instead of sneaky comments here and there. you know, you may get involved in something and contribute.

Airport security is a burden we must all shoulder. Do your part, and please grope yourself in advance.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.