Mon, Sep 23, 3:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 8:55 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Recommended training for new artists?

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 19 December 2010 at 9:15 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 4:12 PM

These days, what training guides (books, videos, PDFs) for general 3D modeling learning do you recommend to new people just starting out in this field/hobby now that school is on break and 3D programs will show up in some artists stockings?

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

airflamesred ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2011 at 6:38 AM

Attached Link: Andrew Klein

I'm not sure if these are too advanced Shawn, but this guy knows what he's doing.

pauljs75 ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2011 at 5:04 PM

http://www.guerrillacg.org/

I think this is perhaps one of the best ones for somebody new to the subject. The presentation videos have some very good visuals when it comes to explaining things. It may not have much in the way of tutorials on how to model or animate something, but it does inform very well as to why some things are done a certain way during those processes. Once you understand those things, other aspects of modeling and/or animating tend to make much more sense.

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

airflamesred ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2011 at 8:58 AM

Any new ones Shawn?

BlackHarmo ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2011 at 11:18 AM

For absolute beginners, there's also a good bunch of video tutorials on the homepage of Silo 3D editor, nevercenter.com, showing both box modeling and edge modeling workflows.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.