Mon, Jul 8, 12:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 26 1:13 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: 10 years ago!!

jba ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2011 at 5:12 AM · edited Sun, 07 July 2024 at 5:16 PM

Hi,

I don't know if any of you were here around 2000 but I used to post Bryce and Mojoworld stuff then. I was well into it all. . . I dropped by again because someone had faved me as a vendor ;-) Talk about a blast from the past! I just looked through what I was doing with Bryce then and hey, i was doing some interesting stuff! ;-) I can't believe it was ten years ago! 

Anyway, if any of you remember me, my best wishes to you. I have started playing in Bryce again in the last year or so. The DTE of course. None of this fractal landscape business for me. And I am just dipping my toe in the water of maybe selling images at places like zazzle etc etc.

B7 is great, and I can mess around with old B4 ideas as well. And of course everything renders so fast compared to 2000!!

I still don't think anyone understands my abstract fractal stuff but i'm used to not being understood. Maybe there's nothing to understand. . . heh. . (sound of wind whistling into one ear and out the other. .)

cheers,

Jon

Hubert ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2011 at 6:51 AM

Hi jba,

glad to see you back! A decade actually isn't that long, not for a fine-AA Bryce render to finally finish! And the DTE still has some nice "surbryces" to be discovered, after all those years. ;)

Anyway, if any of you remember me, my best wishes to you.
I remember you from 3DCommune then and your Fractal/Abstract images there. 

I still don't think anyone understands my abstract fractal stuff but i'm used to not being understood.
Does anybody truly understand Abstract Art??! Besides, images with nude content are much easier to understand and also get many more views... so, nothing has changed during those past 10 years! ;)

Hubert

"All that we see or fear, is but a Sphere inside a Sphere."     (E. A. Pryce -- Tuesday afternoon, 1845)

dan whiteside ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2011 at 7:12 AM

Jonathan!

Good to see you're still at it. I still use your mats all the time.

Still writing?

But your ears must have been burning 'cause your "bloops" just came up at the DAZ Bryce forum:

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=161244

Gog ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2011 at 7:13 AM

10 yrs ago - that's 3 years before I joined and I thought I had been lurking around here for a long time!!!!!

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

SndCastie ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2011 at 7:29 AM

Oh yea remember you well I have most of your mats and still use them welcome back to Bryce !!

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

jba ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2011 at 8:53 AM

Thanks folks! And hi to you Dan and Hubert! Good to hear from you. How old is that avatar pic now Dan? ;-) Thanks for that link Dan, so funny how these things co-incide the way they do sometimes. I've just posted over there. I never liked the name 'bloops' but it summed up something about them I guess. I seem to remember some pretty mixed reactions to them ;-)

bobbystahr ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2011 at 9:22 AM

Attached Link: rendo video

> Quote - Thanks folks! And hi to you Dan and Hubert! Good to hear from you. How old is that avatar pic now Dan? ;-) Thanks for that link Dan, so funny how these things co-incide the way they do sometimes. I've just posted over there. I never liked the name 'bloops' but it summed up something about them I guess. I seem to remember some pretty mixed reactions to them ;-)

jon...well all your Bryce mats, if they were in your freestuff, have disappeared and we now host on our own server so if you have Bryce materials you'd like to share please do upload them and they will get approved as fast as possible.. ...also any tutes would be welcome additions. If you do video tutes we also now have video uploads...welcome back.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2011 at 9:37 AM

10 years ago I was trying to wrap my head around Terragen (hey, it was free...;) and wishing I had Bryce...;) just started going to this huge site called 'rosity, and seeing how it was done....

I'm not sure if I was that familiar with your work, but I'm pretty sure I've seen it. I still look at everything...

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.