Mon, Oct 21, 5:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 5:20 pm)

Subject: Making a realistic scar in poser

Soulpainter ( ) posted Tue, 12 April 2011 at 5:58 PM · edited Sat, 19 October 2024 at 7:55 PM

file_467766.jpg

Hey all good afternoon.

I am trying to put a very realistic scar on Michael 3's head but not happy with how it is turning out. Any pointers on making a realistic scar? Uploaded what I have so far

thanks in advance.

Jason

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 12 April 2011 at 6:28 PM

To be convincing, you will need bump and displacement mapping to bring out better definition to the scar.

Soulpainter ( ) posted Tue, 12 April 2011 at 7:36 PM

this has a bump map on it but for whatever reason it is not making any difference in how the scar appears

Soulpainter ( ) posted Tue, 12 April 2011 at 10:23 PM

Ok user error on the bump map, black background /slaps forhead. still not happy with the scar though.

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 12 April 2011 at 11:25 PM

heres a tutorial

http://tutorials-photoshop.com/photo-retouch/sutures/index.php

jquin3 ( ) posted Wed, 13 April 2011 at 2:13 AM

You might want to take a look at this. Its a scar that is generated with a bump map.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/tutorial/index.php?tutorial_id=518&page=5

tsquare ( ) posted Wed, 13 April 2011 at 10:28 AM

also, the hair around that scar will grow a little wonky, not so neat around it

Soulpainter ( ) posted Thu, 14 April 2011 at 8:20 AM

file_467816.jpg

Ok finally finished and think im pretty happy with it. Thank you all very much for the assistance. Its amazing the little things you forget when you have not messed with poser in a while.... like making a bump file black instead of white (background) LOL turned the scar into three scars so it looked more like a claw hit his face (which is what happens in the story) lemme know what you think.

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2011 at 10:18 AM

looks like paint to me, like makeup.  The scar doesn't looked raised enough in your picture.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Keith ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2011 at 1:00 PM · edited Fri, 15 April 2011 at 1:01 PM

Not all scars are raised. I have some that have a different texture to the skin around it but are pretty much flush. I also have a scar on one hand that's actually depressed instead of raised.

Soulpainter ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2011 at 1:03 PM

I was actually going for the depressed look on this scar. The marks were made by a reptilian type creature that slashed his face taking his sight from him.

Thank you all greatly for the input, still playing with it a little trying to get the image just right

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2011 at 6:16 PM

if you need the fresh marks for your story at all you can get things like that with clother from zew3d

Love esther

Soulpainter ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2011 at 6:43 PM

never messed with clother before, usually do all my stuff in photoshop for the texture files

onnetz ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2011 at 6:43 PM

To me it looks more like a fresh scratch that has scabbed over. Scars are not red and are usually just lighter than the skin around them

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

If you can't eat it or play with it,

just pee on it and walk away. :-)

I wouldnt have to manage my anger

if people would manage their stupidity......

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2011 at 6:52 PM

I did suggest to zew that he make fresh scars and wounds in the same pattern for story making people.  But he never did it.  I am sure I saw fresh wounds in that pattern on one of his products.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.